True Linkswear True Eco Knit shoes

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I likey

I do too, but I can't tell if they have a wide toe box or not. I love the OGs, but if these have a standard width (narrower) toe box, they'll be a hard pass for me.

This was where True fell apart last time under the previous ownership - a lot of people fell in love with their original shoes, then they started pumping out more and more models and got away from what made them successful in the first place (wide toe box, zero drop). I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

I do too, but I can't tell if they have a wide toe box or not. I love the OGs, but if these have a standard width (narrower) toe box, they'll be a hard pass for me.

pics don’t look that way. Unfortunate, if that’s the case.

Wore these for 18 on Saturday and I really enjoyed them. Couple things: They have a generous toe box, but not as wide as the OG. closer to the Outsider to me, but with more flexiblity in the upper material, so a little more give.

They are so LIGHT. Lightest shoes I have can remember wearing. The sole is thicker than the original, but still good feedback. Reminds me a lot of the True Knit, but slightly wider toe box and a different tread pattern. Not as soft/comfortable as the Cuater Moneymakers I wore the 2 previous rounds (I find that to be maybe the most luxurious insert I have ever felt) but these will be my go to when it gets warm (90+) and for $100 with no tax I feel like it is a solid value.

I have a TL gift card just waiting to be spent. I remember seeing a month of two ago that they were going to expand the color slection on this line this summer. Just waiting for that to pull the trigger. Hoping a darker blue comes along as an option.

I have a TL gift card just waiting to be spent. I remember seeing a month of two ago that they were going to expand the color slection on this line this summer. Just waiting for that to pull the trigger. Hoping a darker blue comes along as an option.

They just announced a new line today, a knit in the design of the OG, a knit with something they call wanderlux and another all leather model with the wanderlux. Few colors in each so might want to check that out. These new models are not shipping until this summer, but today is the release date for info and is what spurred me to come post about the Eco Knits.

They just announced a new line today, a knit in the design of the OG, a knit with something they call wanderlux and another all leather model with the wanderlux. Few colors in each so might want to check that out. These new models are not shipping until this summer, but today is the release date for info and is what spurred me to come post about the Eco Knits.

I looked at those this morning. The blue Lux Knits certainly have my attention. Being waterproof is a huge plus also. The price tag of the Eco Knits is certainly very attractive. The preorder credit for the new line does bridge the gap a bit though. I do like the styling of the Lux Knit better than I did the True Knit. The wingtip styling on the toes just isn't for me.

I looked at those this morning. The blue Lux Knits certainly have my attention. Being waterproof is a huge plus also. The price tag of the Eco Knits is certainly very attractive. The preorder credit for the new line does bridge the gap a bit though. I do like the styling of the Lux Knit better than I did the True Knit. The wingtip styling on the toes just isn't for me.

Yeah, the looks of the True Knit were a miss for me. The $70 difference between the Eco Knit and the lux knit is interesting.... not sure if waterproofing is worth that much, but I preordered the lux knit in gray because I have a problem...... And I want to see what the wanderlux is all about after seeing how comfortable the Cuater money makers are. Damnit I think I have more shoes than my wife now...

I'm liking the look of the OG Feel. The comfort of the OG in a knit version? Yes please! The Lux knit looks nice, but it's not zero drop and it has a thicker sole, I like the minimalist/zero drop sole of the OG.

[Edit:] Trigger pulled. Preordered the OG Feel in "Everyday Gray". Take my money! 🔥

OGFeel.png

Last edited:
Just saw that the dude is wearing joggers in the link...can’t do it now :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

For anybody pondering the 2020 editions of the shoes, pre-order ends at midnight (PT) tonight.

I preordered the OG Feels, will be posting a review after I get them. They're supposed to arrive June 1st.

I preordered the OG feels in everyday gray. My 3rd pair of Trues in a month... love then though lost comfortable shoe I’ve worn on the course.

These look great! I especially like the green version... hard ponder. I like my CodeChaos so much...

I preordered the OG feels in everyday gray. My 3rd pair of Trues in a month... love then though lost comfortable shoe I’ve worn on the course.
I own two pair of the OGs in leather (white and navy/gray), really looking forward to this version with the knit upper!

I own two pair of the OGs in leather (white and navy/gray), really looking forward to this version with the knit upper!

OG’s when it’s wet out, OG feel when it’s normal and the knits when it’s hot and dry. That’s how I justified it in my mind anyway lol

Big fan of the OG Knit look. Need to get my hands on a pair.

For anybody pondering the 2020 editions of the shoes, pre-order ends at midnight (PT) tonight.

I preordered the OG Feels, will be posting a review after I get them. They're supposed to arrive June 1st.

I think that was just the OG Feel perks that are no longer available. Both Lux models still have the preorder perks going on for another 25 days I believe. I really pondered getting a pair of the OG Feels yesterday, but I just couldn't justify it after looking at my entire shoe collection (which didn't include 2 pairs in the car...).

I think that was just the OG Feel perks that are no longer available. Both Lux models still have the preorder perks going on for another 25 days I believe. I really pondered getting a pair of the OG Feels yesterday, but I just couldn't justify it after looking at my entire shoe collection (which didn't include 2 pairs in the car...).
You're right, I just went and looked - preorder on both Lux models is another 25 days, with projected shipment date of July 1. The early preorder closed on the OG Feels, with a projected ship date (during the preorder) of June 1. The Feels are now on their main shoe page, with a projected July 1 ship date.

I only have two pair of golf shoes in my current collection, so the justification was pretty easy for me. :p

Anybody got a notification on the perks package being shipped? originally it said it would go out in 5-7 days... been over 2 weeks so that is odd.

Anybody got a notification on the perks package being shipped? originally it said it would go out in 5-7 days... been over 2 weeks so that is odd.
I thought it was a June 1 shipping date? I haven't had any communication for a couple of weeks, but didn't expect any until June 1.

I thought it was a June 1 shipping date? I haven't had any communication for a couple of weeks, but didn't expect any until June 1.

the different shoe models were shipping on set days (the OG Feel is June 1st, Lux Knit is July 1st, Lux Pro is July 15) but the perks package still lists 5-7 days shipping time.

Perks package ships 5-7 days after receiving your order.
Gift cards may only be used on future purchases.
Please note that if you use the gift card and return/refund your preorder, TRUE reserves the right to issue your refund less the amount on the gift card.

Wore the Eco Knit for the 2nd round saturday, super comfortable and very stable traction even though we got some spitting rain early on. For the price I am finding this to be a great warm weather option.

the different shoe models were shipping on set days (the OG Feel is June 1st, Lux Knit is July 1st, Lux Pro is July 15) but the perks package still lists 5-7 days shipping time.

Perks package ships 5-7 days after receiving your order.
Gift cards may only be used on future purchases.
Please note that if you use the gift card and return/refund your preorder, TRUE reserves the right to issue your refund less the amount on the gift card.
I preordered the OG Feels. The perks package never shipped, and I haven't received any notification yet today regarding shipping. I logged on to my account at their site and my order status still says "Awaiting Shipment".

I preordered the OG Feels. The perks package never shipped, and I haven't received any notification yet today regarding shipping. I logged on to my account at their site and my order status still says "Awaiting Shipment".

Yeah, I think those were target ship dates, so I get there is some lee way on dates, but the perks package already being 2 weeks behind schedule is not very cool. not a big deal as the other masks I ordered finally showed up since seems like mask use is going to be required around here for a while just doesn't bring me comfort that the shoes will be shipping on time either.

I got on chat with them yesterday. Said the shoes were running about 7 days behind schedule. Didn't ask about the mask or gift card.

Back