Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

TRUE Sports Acquires Aerotech Golf Shafts

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (December 5th, 2019) - TRUE Sports, parent company of True Temper, the leading golf shaft manufacturer in the world, announces the acquisition of Aerotech Golf, designer and distributor of high-end composite golf shafts. True Temper, including its Project X and ACCRA lines of innovative designs, is known throughout the golf industry as the #1 shaft in golf, dominating the professional tours each and every week. Aerotech is renowned for their unique multi-material SteelFiber line of golf shafts, which combines carbon fiber with high strength steel filaments.

“We are thrilled to add Aerotech to our stable of products. Their innovative SteelFiber line of shafts is extremely popular in the aftermarket and has won more professional golf events than any other graphite iron shaft.” said Don Brown, senior director of marketing and innovation for TRUE Sports’ golf division.

David Walker, vice president of sales and marketing for TRUE Sports, is excited about the acquisition, “Adding the SteelFiber line of shafts to our company makes perfect sense. As the market leader in golf shaft design and manufacturing having this multi-material technology opens even more doors for our R&D team.’

Adding Aerotech to the lineup of TRUE Sports golf brands – True Temper, Project X and ACCRA – cements TRUE Sports position as the clear global leader in golf shaft innovation across all product categories. The company’s shafts dominate the professional tours around the world with their iron shafts being used by 70% of PGA Tour players every week.

Interesting. Will be curious to see what product comes of this

man, i dont even know what to say to this. Best steel shaft company in US is growing like crazy.

Cool.

This is a great acquisition by TRUE Sports.

Very interested in seeing what products TT R&D come up with.

Nice! TRUE is picking up some premium brands to add to their already very impressive stable.

LOVE this.

So much sense on so many levels, and combined with the ACCRA acquisition TRUE is going to be able to make a strong presence and foothold in custom fitting studios on top of the world wide TT/PX recognition they already have.

The True Experience next year will be off the chains!!

Wow, this seems like a great addition for them.

This is really cool. True Sports making some huge moves.

The last sentence in the second to last paragraph really resonates with me as Scott and Keenan both reinforced this point at the Ultimate Weekend

I love this acquisition. SteelFibers are my favorite iron shafts of anything I have ever tried. Catalyst are my second. This places my two favorite iron shafts under one umbrella.

Wow, True is making waves in the shaft game. They were killing it already then add Accra and Steelfiber?

Great acquisition.... can’t wait for the next innovation(s) in graphite based shafts. Graphite based shafts are a growing segment of the golf marketplace and True recognizes that. Will be exciting what comes down the pipes.

That’s a solid acquisition there. Also, feels like @DB TT has too much power all of a sudden. His next chair at his office is going to be something like the iron throne, except made of golf shafts.

Also, this sounds cool as hell and now I feel that should be done.

I can only guess it’s to grab some of the graphite market share Aerotech has and build on that. I wanted to like Steelfibers but just couldn’t. DB and the crew over there are smart people so I’m sure something good is in store.

As personal friends that work for Aerotech, I'm saddened to hear this news. They're great people who work for a great company. I understand business but for the employees, this is unfortunate. On the other side, I'm happy for the ownership on both sides.

True Temper has done a good job managing the Rifle brand name. I think it was about 12 years ago that TT acquired Royal Precision Rifle out of bankruptcy (or near it).

As personal friends that work for Aerotech, I'm saddened to hear this news. They're great people who work for a great company. I understand business but for the employees, this is unfortunate. On the other side, I'm happy for the ownership on both sides.
It doesn't say that they are closing them down so you can't be sure of that. With ACCRA for instance, they are still operating, simply under the umbrella of TRUE now and more than anything it gives them access to True's EXTENSIVE R&D/testing capabilities.

I think that as OEM custom departments have expanded it is more challenging than ever for independent component suppliers (such as shafts or grips) to cultivate the customer base and achieve the sales volume needed to compete. So, consolidation inevitably happens.

My only concern whether it is based in reality or completely off base. Is that with one company (TRUE) owning all these shaft brands is the potential for reduced competition and therefore reduced stress to innovate and improve. As I understand it, all these companies under the TRUE umbrella will operate fairly independent. That may be all that is needed to keep the drive alive and my thought may be pointless. Still, in this very early stage in wonder.. :unsure:

My only concern whether it is based in reality or completely off base. Is that with one company (TRUE) owning all these shaft brands is the potential for reduced competition and therefore reduced stress to innovate and improve. As I understand it, all these companies under the TRUE umbrella will operate fairly independent. That may be all that is needed to keep the drive alive and my thought may be pointless. Still, in this very early stage in wonder.. :unsure:
Having sat in the same room as and asked a similar question to Don Brown, I wouldn't be concerned about that.

Having sat in the same room as and asked a similar question to Don Brown, I wouldn't be concerned about that.

That is good to hear. (y) All these companies right now are turning out great stuff.

Back