True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
These made their way to Oklahoma today from THP HQ for review. The NEW Dynamic Gold shaft form True Temper, the "DG Pro".

1-L.jpg

2-L.jpg

I'll have more information for everyone in the near future, right now though there isn't a whole lot to go on as there is pretty much nothing about these shafts out there. What I do know is TT has stated on their Facebook that several Tour players have been trying them out and I recall that Poulter actually tweeted about it.

Looking at the shafts there are definitely stepped unlike the DG's of the past that we all know, this leads me to believe they aren't just a "re-hash" of the DG's pretty much all golfers have used at some point.

We should have some more info for everyone soon!

DSC_0852-L.jpg

DSC_0855-L.jpg

DSC_0856-L.jpg

DSC_0854-L.jpg

DSC_0857-L.jpg

Got a bit more information on the unique step pattern you see above:

The new DG Pro is the industry’s first “Progressive” iron shaft

• What is progressive technology? Higher launching long irons that get progressively more tip stiff (bringing trajectory down) through the mid/short irons.

First shaft ever to feature an
optimized step pattern that visibly transitions within the set
  • 2-5 iron shafts feature six 1.25” steps in bottom half of shaft
  • 6-8 iron shafts feature six 1.5” steps in bottom half of shaft

• 9-W shafts feature six 1.75” steps in bottom half of shaft

Last edited:
Best news ever!!

Look sharp what heads u throwing on these?

Your irons shafts are going to say "pro" to. Welcome to the club.

• Staff
Look sharp what heads u throwing on these?

They'll be going in the i20's, they're the heads I'm the most comfortable with and have played the longest so I'll really be able to tell what I'm seeing from the shafts!

Cool JMan!

This is interesting. Haven't seen a new DG product in a while.

Interested for sure. I have gone away from the DGs because I just didn't like the feel compared to the KBS.

They'll be going in the i20's, they're the heads I'm the most comfortable with and have played the longest so I'll really be able to tell what I'm seeing from the shafts!

I'd say that's a good plan indeed

Very cool. I'll be curious to hear about how these compare to regular DGs.

Very interested in hearing about these.

Can I hit a DG Pro shaft? Will find out Sunday!!

Can I hit a DG Pro shaft? Will find out Sunday!!

Ha! Dang skippy.

It'll be quite handy to get different feedback right out the gates.,

I like that we are reviewing these. Looking forward to it buddy.

Posted via tapatalk.

I like that we are reviewing these. Looking forward to it buddy.

Posted via tapatalk.

Me too dude. Honestly no idea what to expect, I know what I think when we talk S300 as I gamed those forever, but man do these look all kinds of different.

I'm really excited to hear some feedback on these, be interested if they follow on the Low launch/spin mold of S300's or are going to bring the flight up some.

Right there with you wake. Judging by the tip sections varying length to the first step, I'm guessing intended to be higher launching in the low irons, I can't wait to find out more myself though.

Do you know if these are available from any of the club OEM's or are these just coming out from True Temper?

Do you know if these are available from any of the club OEM's or are these just coming out from True Temper?

No idea buddy, these are all new and we really don't have a whole lot of information on them just yet. No one does.

This makes me wonder if I should have held off on having the irons shafted to the kbs tour. Do you have the weight or anything?

This makes me wonder if I should have held off on having the irons shafted to the kbs tour. Do you have the weight or anything?

I can get you some raw weights as soon as I get home.

What do you have in your i20's now? C-Tapers? I look forward to seeing what the difference in shafts + weighting do for your game with them.

Back