True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Finished out the year with these.

As my swing got better the more I enjoyed these. Coming back to TT I have to say I missed the feel of their steel shafts. They are slightly different in feel but they still have that familiar feel of TT. They really do work as advertised. High shots in the long irons landing extemrenly soft and a visiable difference in the short irons. Paired with my Covert Foged has improved my confidence. I said earlier that best results were from a smooth swing and not when you get after one. I have to retract that I can play any shot and swing as hard or delicate as I want and they perform. I guess working on the swing pays off.

I really do miss these a good bit. Prefer them to the AMT's personally.

Oh yeah in a big way. They are also so much better than TT DG S300. Part of that I think is the weight. I'm a huge fan of some graphite options but there is just something so right with TT for me and these are the best of their product line imo.

Still love these shafts. I'm buying a backup set as we speak. There is a seller on eBay that has a shop about 8 miles from my home and he's blowing DG Pro sets out at $59. 8 shafts, 3-PW, S300 only though. Its still a ridiculous deal. Maybe I should drop this in the Deal Coupon Thread. I think everyone should try these at that price.

Been gaming these shafts since I got my Nike Vapor Pro Combos a few years ago

Just took out the new 718 line and very underwhelmed with the new AMT line.

Don’t need any new irons... but can’t help but look at the new stuff

At $59, very tempting to buy a set and keep them for a custom build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might bring these back…..

I'm not a huge fan of the DG profile but when I was swinging decent some of my best golf was played with these shafts.

I'm not a huge fan of the DG profile but when I was swinging decent some of my best golf was played with these shafts.
I mean, these are pretty different as far a comparing to the straight up DG profile.

They were SO much better than AMT though 😢

I mean, these are pretty different as far a comparing to the straight up DG profile.

They were SO much better than AMT though 😢
Maybe a little better because of the weight but they have that same DG feel to me. It's not bad, but I get a bit quick with them. I'm either throwing darts or hitting a high hook.

These seem really similar to the PX Rifle Flighted shafts I'm currently playing. Not sure how I never heard about these shafts....were these a limited release?

I tried out the AMTs Whites a couple years ago, and liked them in the short irons, but felt the long irons were too lightweight and were causing some issues with consistency for me. Something about the heavier weight helps my tempo. Didn't give them a ton of time before going back to standard X100s.

These seem really similar to the PX Rifle Flighted shafts I'm currently playing. Not sure how I never heard about these shafts....were these a limited release?

I tried out the AMTs Whites a couple years ago, and liked them in the short irons, but felt the long irons were too lightweight and were causing some issues with consistency for me. Something about the heavier weight helps my tempo. Didn't give them a ton of time before going back to standard X100s.

they came and went really fast… solid product just didn’t catch on. Same reason the black golds are gone.

they came and went really fast… solid product just didn’t catch on. Same reason the black golds are gone.

That's too bad. They seem like an interesting concept and something that would be a nice product to have alongside the AMT shafts. Same thing for those Black Gold shafts (hadn't heard of them either, thanks for the heads up).

That's too bad. They seem like an interesting concept and something that would be a nice product to have alongside the AMT shafts. Same thing for those Black Gold shafts (hadn't heard of them either, thanks for the heads up).

black golds were cool. I played them for a bit and really liked them. They were kind of the reverse of the amt. they got lighter from long irons to pitching wedge. I am not sure I understand that now and maybe that is why they went away. But do remember liking them at the time.

What did you dislike about the AMTs?
Yes. :LOL:

I get along with them well enough, I just don’t love them into the short Irons.

Back