True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

I'd really like to find out what these things test out to as far as FCM's go. See where exactly I sit flex wise. Not to mention what flexes they are actually going to have. Sooo much mystery still shrouding these shafts. Can't wait for Jman's write up to add a few pieces to the puzzle!!!

I'd really like to find out what these things test out to as far as FCM's go. See where exactly I sit flex wise. Not to mention what flexes they are actually going to have. Sooo much mystery still shrouding these shafts. Can't wait for Jman's write up to add a few pieces to the puzzle!!!

Flexes are in the first post buddy, they will offer R/S/X and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in 400's as well as the 300's I'm reviewing though as well!

Flexes are in the first post buddy, they will offer R/S/X and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in 400's as well as the 300's I'm reviewing though as well!

Ah there it is, I never saw the flexes/ weight before in the yellow till you mentioned it. Thanks lol.

Ah there it is, I never saw the flexes/ weight before in the yellow till you mentioned it. Thanks lol.

Yeah, I added that one later after we got the info from TT. No problemo buddy.

I thought the only difference between the tour issue and the DG was weight matching?

No, I'm not talking about DG TI. You are correct that the difference between DG and DG TI lays in the weight sorting. I am talking about the True Temper Tour Concept line. They are basically the same idea as the DG Pro sets but the Tour Concepts were a little too spinny for most players.

Here is a link to the Tour Concept line. Sound familiar?

http://tttourconcept.com/pfc/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49

This one is setting up to be very interesting Jman. I guess I was one of those that thought "ho hum, another TT shaft" because this thread is a month old and I don't really remember it before this. But the design principles of the shaft along with your and Tadashi's preliminary comments really has me intrigued.

I've got some Taylormade TP CB irons in the garage and I never warmed up to the DGXP shafts in them. I've been toying with swapping out the shafts because I still like the CB heads, so maybe these are it.

I thought the only difference between the tour issue and the DG was weight matching?
You're correct, the DG TI's are weight sorted DG's. I am talking about the Tour Concept line.
Honestly, I don't think its fair to call these a blend of anything. From my information TT set out to make a COMPLETELY different shaft and not build off of the original S300's and tweak them. THAT is why I question the name choice a bit, too many are making that assumption because of it.

I'd have to disagree with you on these are a completely different shaft. If you read about the Tour Concepts I think you will find that these are more or less a tweak of the Tour Concept line in that they are infusing it with the Dynamic Gold bend profile to bring the spin down. The knock I had against the TCI shafts was they spun too much and didn't perform well in the wind.

Its one of those things where I feel like a LOT of people saw "True Temper" and "Dynamic Gold" in the title and then tuned out and I get that completely.

Its a shame though, these are not the same ole same ole in any fashion, other than name. Not at all.

I would love to see a set of these shafts in some iron set at the Demo Day in May.

You're correct, the DG TI's are weight sorted DG's. I am talking about the Tour Concept line.

I'd have to disagree with you on these are a completely different shaft. If you read about the Tour Concepts I think you will find that these are more or less a tweak of the Tour Concept line in that they are infusing it with the Dynamic Gold bend profile to bring the spin down. The knock I had against the TCI shafts was they spun too much and didn't perform well in the wind.

My reference was NOT to the TC line, it was to the DG line and from there when you compare the original S300 to these, they are a completely different shaft.

I would love to see a set of these shafts in some iron set at the Demo Day in May.

I can guarantee they will be in one set that you can use on course when we play together buddy, and we will play together.

I can guarantee they will be in one set that you can use on course when we play together buddy, and we will play together.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I feel like there's about 20-30 people I want to share a round with down there! We'll see how the pairings work out. Worst-case scenario, some testing occurs on the range prior to a round when everyone is out there. The range at Reunion is HUGE.

While the TCs have different tip flex to change the flight characteristics, was it done thru variable step length like the DG Pro?

To truly tell, one should get a 8 iron shaft from both the TC and DG Pro and compare?

Its one of those things where I feel like a LOT of people saw "True Temper" and "Dynamic Gold" in the title and then tuned out and I get that completely.

Its a shame though, these are not the same ole same ole in any fashion, other than name. Not at all.
yeah man, that does suck. I feel,your pain but I'm on your side with these. If I had not hit them in Orlando at demo day or in Texas I'd be that guy that just turned away. But these showed so much potential in Orlando and then in Texas. True temper found a winning shaft in the DG pro line

I'm really excited about how this one has turned out. Cannot wait for it to go up and everyone to get to see it.

I'm really excited about how this one has turned out. Cannot wait for it to go up and everyone to get to see it.

Looking forward to reading it. Wonder how long until these are available to consumers.

Looking forward to reading it. Wonder how long until these are available to consumers.

That and price-point are the million dollar questions right now, both still TBD.

Officially finished this one up and got it to the man, the myth, the editor in chief last night.

Very intriguing to review and a lot of fun to write about for sure!

Tons of good info so far Jman! I really want to read what you think of these as your shaft reviews are always awesome.

Officially finished this one up and got it to the man, the myth, the editor in chief last night.

Very intriguing to review and a lot of fun to write about for sure!

This is funny lol.

I think people will find this review quite valuable. My interest in these is pretty high. I've said it before, but the R300 fits right into a weight range I like and the progressive launch could work for me. Shame I won't be at the outing to try them.

This is funny lol.

I think people will find this review quite valuable. My interest in these is pretty high. I've said it before, but the R300 fits right into a weight range I like and the progressive launch could work for me. Shame I won't be at the outing to try them.

I'm extremely interested as well but do wonder where I'll fit in as far as flex goes. Hard Stepped S300, Soft-stepped X100; with no FCM info or Mizuno fitting info for a while the max/min in me might have to do some guessing. O well no biggie

Did you talk about the Adams Super S 4h with this shaft in it? :D

I'm a S300 guy so very interested since they seem to have improved in a very big way.

I'm extremely interested as well but do wonder where I'll fit in as far as flex goes. Hard Stepped S300, Soft-stepped X100; with no FCM info or Mizuno fitting info for a while the max/min in me might have to do some guessing. O well no biggie
I'm not sure if hard/soft stepping will be an option with the progressive flight of the shafts (2-5, 6-8, 9-P), another one of those "great unknowns" about these right now for sure. As it gets closer to release (whenever that may be) I'm sure we'll get more and more info.
Did you talk about the Adams Super S 4h with this shaft in it? :D
Not directly, just didn't fit into the flow of the review the way I broke it all down.
I'm a S300 guy so very interested since they seem to have improved in a very big way.
It still bears reminding that despite the S300 name, these are not built off of that platform and are truly different shafts, they simply share the name as the old school Dynamic Gold's. Confusing, yes, but a choice that was made because its obviously a crazy identifiable name.

I tried to make that fact crystal clear in my review, they aren't just a re-hash or an update, they are new.

I had been hearing about these from a friend for a few months. I have been waiting to see these pop up on here. I am glad TT is having someone test them on here. I should be getting a chance to hit these soon. TT has some really cool stuff coming down the pipe.

Back