True Temper Elevate ETS Shafts

These are an update to the Elevate line designed to deliver the head more consistently while still providing similar launch and spin.

When we make high launch shafts the tips have to be flexible and hence droop and lag more than a standard shaft, leading to less consistent strikes depending on how hard you swing that day. ETS has a longer tip reinforcement than original Elevate which helps reduce droop and lag variation for a more consistent strike.
This is some great info. Thank you DB!

would definitely like to try them especially the 115S but would try 95S too

Hearing that these have a longer tip reinforcement section is something that I appreciate. Definitely curious to see how they'll play.

My son is a huge fan of the VSS in his Elevate Tours he plays in his Mavrik Pros. Sounds like the added tech improvement in the ETS shaft makes something great, even better.

These are an update to the Elevate line designed to deliver the head more consistently while still providing similar launch and spin.

When we make high launch shafts the tips have to be flexible and hence droop and lag more than a standard shaft, leading to less consistent strikes depending on how hard you swing that day. ETS has a longer tip reinforcement than original Elevate which helps reduce droop and lag variation for a more consistent strike.
I’m way in based on this description. Elevates might be my favorite iron shaft

No one likes a droopy shaft. Sounds like a fine upgrade to the Elevate line!

These sound like they could be a good fit for what I'm after. Current have Project X 6.0 Rifles in my irons but looking for a higher spinnier flight for more control in the firmer summer conditions. Can't wait for things to open up from our Covid shutdown here to try them with the new Apex line.

These sound like they could be a good fit for what I'm after. Current have Project X 6.0 Rifles in my irons but looking for a higher spinnier flight for more control in the firmer summer conditions. Can't wait for things to open up from our Covid shutdown here to try them with the new Apex line.
They’re fun, I was a big fan of the first iteration as a guy who likes a little more spin and peak in the irons, but the added tip stability here without really shocking the profile is something that perks my ears up as well.

When I did my distance fitting recently with Callaway, the fitter recommended these shafts in the 95 gm (S) for the wedges to accompany the MMT 95 S shafts in the ‘21 Apex Pros. Anyone have or hit these in wedges yet?

Coming from stiff Stapers and R+ Capers, I am pondering an x stiff set of these soft stepped.

Do I need to trade in my CF19's with Elevate 95S for the CF21's with Elevate 95S ETS? I mean I can't possibly play with droopy tips, right? I'll ask the wife, she should understand this. :D

Wow I had no idea these were new shafts but they blew me away today and has me quite puzzled. Long post upcoming...

I currently play Project X 6.5 but admittedly only tried a couple shafts in my fitting last year. So trying to kill time today, I stopped in Golf Galaxy today (not my preferred spot for fittings but just wanted to hit around) and asked to try the dynamic gold X100 to compare to the PX6.5 I've been playing. The Golf Galaxy fitter said they looked a bit too heavy and my strikes were a bit inconsistent. So he tried me in the DG X100 105 gram and that was a bit better but still some wayward shots.

Next he said to just try this and don’t look at what it is. I hit probably 15 straight that were near dead straight or baby draw at the target. Not a single miss. The dispersion circle was tiny and I was blown away. The shaft he had me try was the Elevate ETS X flex 115 grams.

After doing some research at home, I’m a bit puzzled. Normally I am a low spin/low launch shaft guy and I noticed this shaft says mid-spin/mid-launch. The numbers I was getting were great though. If anything the spin numbers were a tad on the low side and launch a tad on the high side. But the consistency was incredible.

Does anyone who is more knowledgeable than me know why these could’ve worked so well for me? And if I did want to get that launch down a tad, is that something that can be done with tipping or hard stepping? I’m not 100% sure how that all works.

Nonetheless, I’m looking to book a fitting at Club Champion to give these another run because I was blown away at the difference.

I have these coming in a set of new 21 Apex. So excited to read peoples comments on the previous version and really looking forward to these. I've played a set of apex 19 with the Catalyst 100CW and really like them and my backup set were MP20 HMB with Modus 120 (stiff tip) recently replaced with KBS TGi 95. I'm really liking the feel and performance of the ~100g graphite but the ETS sounds like the perfect mix of both worlds. Steel consistency, light weight, stiff tip, and VSS dampening. Can't wait to get the 21 Apex and give these a try.

I have these coming in a set of new 21 Apex. So excited to read peoples comments on the previous version and really looking forward to these. I've played a set of apex 19 with the Catalyst 100CW and really like them and my backup set were MP20 HMB with Modus 120 (stiff tip) recently replaced with KBS TGi 95. I'm really liking the feel and performance of the ~100g graphite but the ETS sounds like the perfect mix of both worlds. Steel consistency, light weight, stiff tip, and VSS dampening. Can't wait to get the 21 Apex and give these a try.

How are you finding these shafts. I've been fit into them in an X100 115 and they felt amazing

How are you finding these shafts. I've been fit into them in an X100 115 and they felt amazing
I liked them well enough but have moved back to graphite. Current set is MMT95S in a set of Srixon ZX7 and they're amazing

That’s what I’m playing, they have really grown on me.

I liked them well enough but have moved back to graphite. Current set is MMT95S in a set of Srixon ZX7 and they're amazing
I have them in my Apex 21’s and am happy with them . I have DCB 5 and 6 and standard 7 - AW. I made the mistake of trying a guy i play withs Ping 7 iron with a stock graphite shaft and of course i hit it really well and of course now its in my head. Dont know if that was a typical hit someone elses club one time and of course you will hit it great or is there some benefit to some people to go with graphite shafts in irons. What is it about the graphites you prefer over the steel elevates and is the difference significant ?. Im going to do more experimenting with this.

Living in Colorado, most of my cold weather practice is indoors off mats. Graphite dampening can't be matched by any inserts in a steel shaft in my opinion. Some might describe the feel of the MMT as dead but I am really enjoying it. For the first time in about 3 years, I can actually say my bag is set, and I'm a certified club ho having been through probably 8-10 sets of irons over the past 3-4 years

Living in Colorado, most of my cold weather practice is indoors off mats. Graphite dampening can't be matched by any inserts in a steel shaft in my opinion. Some might describe the feel of the MMT as dead but I am really enjoying it. For the first time in about 3 years, I can actually say my bag is set, and I'm a certified club ho having been through probably 8-10 sets of irons over the past 3-4 years
Interesting never considered that but living in WNY even though we extend our season until we can't play if there is snow on the ground I do go to the dome to practice and have never been a fan of hitting irons off mats ( or on the simulators ). I also noticed when I hit the Ping G400 7 iron I got more distance out of it. Im guessing it was the shaft because I think the Apex 21 heads are great. Will definitely experiment with this.

I still can't make my mind up about Apex21 with ETS 115 x100 or Jpx 921 forged with S Taper 120S PVD!!

Back