True Temper Elevate Tour Shafts

These are in the set of 765's I just picked up, maybe I should try them a few rounds before swapping out to the Recoils.

I'm hoping TT will add the VSS dampening as an option to their Dynamic Gold offerings. I really like how the Elevate feel from a wear and tear standpoint, but I don't need the "elevate" part of the Elevates :D

I'm hoping TT will add the VSS dampening as an option to their Dynamic Gold offerings. I really like how the Elevate feel from a wear and tear standpoint, but I don't need the "elevate" part of the Elevates :D

You won't have to wait too long. DG95 is already available with VSS and there are some OEM offerings coming with DG variants with VSS.

You won't have to wait too long. DG95 is already available with VSS and there are some OEM offerings coming with DG variants with VSS.

This is awesome!

I didn’t realize there was a difference between the tour and 95 in vss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the TT website the 95’s VSS filters 71% of the vibrations and the Tours 56%.

Kinda cool!

This excites me, very much

Looking to go even lighter?

I’m torn between Catalyst 85g or Elevate 95 in my Cobra F9 4i

Hoping DB TT can help me out with a rec

Ohhhh mmeeee tooooo. I’m leaning catalyst for sure but haven’t ordered yet.

Catalyst FTW!!! I believe they even offer the 80g in black too

I got a good deal on a set of Elevate Tour S pulls. Swapped out my go to KBS Tour V 110S shafts. REALLY liking the Elevates! Smooth feel, a little help with launch and great spin on the greens. I have also picked up at least 1/2 club in yardage.

I got a good deal on a set of Elevate Tour S pulls. Swapped out my go to KBS Tour V 110S shafts. REALLY liking the Elevates! Smooth feel, a little help with launch and great spin on the greens. I have also picked up at least 1/2 club in yardage.

They’re crazy fun shafts.

Have replaced the DG Pro’s as my favorite TT iron shafts ever.

Any higher swing speed guys give these a go yet? Curious to your opinions. I normally go x100 or PX LZ 6.5 in my irons. Been playing the LZ’s in my last few sets. Curious as to if these are a decent option, straight in or possibly hardstepped. Driver SS in the 120 range and pretty aggressive.

They’re crazy fun shafts.

Have replaced the DG Pro’s as my favorite TT iron shafts ever.

Those were outstanding shafts - the VSS definitely makes them better.

These are better than DG 105 - until I can get my hands on Onyx DG 105s with VSS then I’ve found my Holy Grail

Any higher swing speed guys give these a go yet? Curious to your opinions. I normally go x100 or PX LZ 6.5 in my irons. Been playing the LZ’s in my last few sets. Curious as to if these are a decent option, straight in or possibly hardstepped. Driver SS in the 120 range and pretty aggressive.

I believe jman swings the sticks pretty dang fast and as you’ve seen his comments here, he loves them. Go with the x100 like he did and you’ll love them.

I believe jman swings the sticks pretty dang fast and as you’ve seen his comments here, he loves them. Go with the x100 like he did and you’ll love them.

Helloooooo. Hahaha

Yeah, I’m not a slow swinger, and I play the X100 Elevates happily.

But, it’s still about what you need. Here, little more launch, and a tiny bit more spin to work well in a lot of the modern iron designs.

I’ve played them in NL and Miura irons and enjoyed, but in the new Apex combos it’s been another level.

Helloooooo. Hahaha

Yeah, I’m not a slow swinger, and I play the X100 Elevates happily.

But, it’s still about what you need. Here, little more launch, and a tiny bit more spin to work well in a lot of the modern iron designs.

I’ve played them in NL and Miura irons and enjoyed, but in the new Apex combos it’s been another level.

I’m looking at the PXG 0211’s and this is the only no upcharge shaft option. Was thinking of giving them a try before paying $25/club for DG X100’s or LZ 6.5’s. I’m sure the 0211’s will be more similar to your apex than the other sets you’ve tried them in. At first I was worried about them being too light, but after seeing the X’s are 122g, they should be fairly close to my LZ’s in weight.

I was also kicking around possibly hard stepping them. Is there another shaft that you would compare these to for a similar feel? It’s so hard to go to a new shaft blind.

I’m looking at the PXG 0211’s and this is the only no upcharge shaft option. Was thinking of giving them a try before paying $25/club for DG X100’s or LZ 6.5’s. I’m sure the 0211’s will be more similar to your apex than the other sets you’ve tried them in. At first I was worried about them being too light, but after seeing the X’s are 122g, they should be fairly close to my LZ’s in weight.

I was also kicking around possibly hard stepping them. Is there another shaft that you would compare these to for a similar feel? It’s so hard to go to a new shaft blind.

Imo, they feel a lot like DG X100’s, which was a lot of the intent iirc. But, with the VSS dampening the vibrations they become much more enjoyable long term. Plus, there’s that slightly increased launch and a touch more spin I mentioned before .

My playing partner just put a set of these into his Cobra irons. He loves them.

Easily my favorite iron shafts for what I want/need.

Unseating my adoration of the DG Pros.

Hopping in here to give some feedback, and also eat a bit of crow on the Elevate 95s. I'd gone a bit of internet golfer while I wasn't playing so well, thinking "No, I need heavier shafts, the 120s are better for me" after having some issues with the Elevate 95s breaking in my Apex. Callaway fixed them with quick turnaround, and I've probably had the best ball striking I've had in a long time with my irons since putting them back in the bag (coming from that 120g in another iron shaft). Feel like I can fire right at pins, and played a shot with the 7i that I faded in around a tree over a trap to make par after a bad drive. Had a few shots where I needed to keep the ball down a bit and had zero issues. Feel-wise, these are still the best steel shafts I've ever used. the aggressive VSS is absolutely amazing.

A real lesson in "trust the fitter", especially when they are one of the best out there.

Are people finding the Elevate 95s play true to flex? Softer to flex? I tend fall between flexes, but because I can get quick in the transition, I went with S. Now I'm somewhat intimidated because its the first time I've played S steel shafts not in a wedge.

JMB3;n8891300 said:
Are people finding the Elevate 95s play true to flex? Softer to flex? I tend fall between flexes, but because I can get quick in the transition, I went with S. Now I'm somewhat intimidated because its the first time I've played S steel shafts not in a wedge.

I have the tours but I’ve taken quite a few cuts with the 95s and they play true to flex IMO

JMB3;n8891300 said:

Based on all I have heard on them, they'll play true to flex, as True Temper almost always does.

Back