True Temper Elevate Tour Shafts

JMB3;n8891300 said:
Are people finding the Elevate 95s play true to flex? Softer to flex? I tend fall between flexes, but because I can get quick in the transition, I went with S. Now I'm somewhat intimidated because its the first time I've played S steel shafts not in a wedge.

when you say quick, you talking SS or pulling hands through impact? Cause if you're talking about normally playing regular flex and going up to stiff flex i think you'll be just fine with the stiff flex unless your tempo is very deliberate (noticed i didn't say slow).

Alez367;n8892676 said:
when you say quick, you talking SS or pulling hands through impact? Cause if you're talking about normally playing regular flex and going up to stiff flex i think you'll be just fine with the stiff flex unless your tempo is very deliberate (noticed i didn't say slow).

Quick with my hands, leading to toe hooks. I am not fast SS-wise.

I'm realizing I'm going to have a hard time moving away from these, and that more than likely, if the HMB's stick around they're going to get the LZ's changed out to these.

The profile is just really good for me, and consistently so. I give the Apex19 Combo's the lions share of the credit, but I've hit these in three heads now and in all three it has been a great experience, and in three VERY different heads.

Plus, I heart VSS.

Well, while the long swing was iffy yesterday the irons were pretty flipping good. I asked DB thoughts on moving to Catalyst vs my X100 Elevates and he said don’t change them out.

Good enough for me.

Well, while the long swing was iffy yesterday the irons were pretty flipping good. I asked DB thoughts on moving to Catalyst vs my X100 Elevates and he said don’t change them out.

Good enough for me.

Did he say anything regarding the lz’s u r getting? I’m looking forward to your thoughts comparing the 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he say anything regarding the lz’s u r getting? I’m looking forward to your thoughts comparing the 2

I didn’t mention those, more than anything because I fully expect to put one of the other sets of Elevates I have into them pretty quick.

Good enough for me.

I wonder how you would do in 100 6.5..

I wonder how you would do in 100 6.5..

DB said no, so it’s not even a consideration for me now. And truthfully, flight on the Elevates is pretty ideal so he’s right.

0511DBB6-2858-4E44-800D-BE228E5099B6.jpeg
Back in the bag today. Elbows/wrists have been a tad bit sore from the current workout regimen.

Figured I’d give myself a break - shot a 75 today. The combo I have with these don’t miss a beat.

??????????‍♂️ VSS Tech and the weight in these ain’t no thang either

Amazing shafts. My favorite iron shafts ever, they’ve unseated the DG Pros.

Does anyone have any comparisons to AMT tour white shafts?

Last edited:
I love the 95s. I actually forget they are steel. I really like the Nippon 105s, but my elbow would let me know when I'd had too many reps.

Does anyone have any comparisons to AMT for white shafts?

Superior to AMT White IMO

VSS Tech is a huge component of it. Also I get better launch and stopping power with these than AMT White.

Does anyone have any comparisons to AMT for white shafts?

I look forward to providing some legit insight into this performance wise. I'm curious of it as well.

I did something irrational tonight & ordered the apex combo set with the elevate tours. They were my spec & the 30% off Callaway pre-owned site got me. Oh well I have hit them before & liked them

Last edited:
I did something irrational tonight & ordered the apex combo set with the elevate tours. They were my spec & the 30% off Callaway pre-owned site got me. Oh well I have hit them before & liked them

Yes you did!

Nice! You’ll love them.

Haha, completely impulsive. I guess I took myself out of the cobra forged tec ponder. At least for a little while

Well I guess I won’t b comparing the elevates to my amt tour white shafts after all. The Apex combo in ‘like new’ condition isn’t even close to like new & will b sent back for a refund. I’m back in full ponder mode over the cobra forged tec’s

Does anyone have any comparisons to AMT tour white shafts?

Played the AMT white last year, switched to the Elevate this year - the Elevate feels better to me, both through the swing and at impact (VSS works). AMT is the usual Low-low DG profile, while the Elevates have a bit more kick to them

Played the AMT white last year, switched to the Elevate this year - the Elevate feels better to me, both through the swing and at impact (VSS works). AMT is the usual Low-low DG profile, while the Elevates have a bit more kick to them
Thats what I am expecting to see/feel, particularly since these were designed with modern iron performance aspects in mind with the end goal of a little more launch and a little more spin.

Thats what I am expecting to see/feel, particularly since these were designed with modern iron performance aspects in mind with the end goal of a little more launch and a little more spin.

All that said, I think the difference is slight, unless you're super sensitive to profile. The 95s are a completely different story, the difference is very noticeable there. I really, really like the Elevate Tour/Apex Combo set combination. Zero issues holding greens, even with the long irons.

Spent quite a bit of test time with these. $-tapers and I dont get along anymore. The Elevates are so good, so smooth. Getting them installed in my MP-20s.

Spent quite a bit of test time with these. $-tapers and I dont get along anymore. The Elevates are so good, so smooth. Getting them installed in my MP-20s.
These are insanely good. Maybe my favorite iron shafts out there, and they’ve maybe knocked out the DG Pro’s as my favorite ever.

It took a year of reading about these and some significant mental processing to get interested, but I have finally come around and am more and more intrigued by VSS. I'm kind of on a graphite kick right now but I need to go hit some of these. Soon.

Back