True Temper Iron Shaft Project

9I's Journey to get his Irons Fitted.... Part 2

Part 2 can be found here....

9I's Journey to get his Irons Fitted.... Part 2

Part 2 can be found here....

that was a great read man, i am so glad that you found the shaftfit feature to be helpful. i can't wait to be updated on your progress as well.

TC when you gonna get out there with the new rifle's?!

TC when you gonna get out there with the new rifle's?!

should be monday evening sunday. my weekends don't see a lot of golf time, i like to spend them with the family, and work's about to get nuts, but i'm hoping monday later afternoon i can hit up the par 3 course.

sweet, wanna hear about those soon big guy!

9I's Journey to get his Irons Fitted.... Part 2 Continued

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Part 2 continues with my thoughts after my first round with my new VR's with the fitted shafts.

i'm so glad that the new sticks and shafts are inspiring confidence 9I, that's a huge step. i played at my local par 3 course today and the heat darn near killed me. after walking 18 holes i was toast! i had a great day out there though. i was the only person braving the heat so it afforded me plenty of time to be patient and to work on some shots. i'm loving the new shafts more and more and i seriously can't believe the results that i am seeing.

i was 1 under through 14 holes and was just a par machine for the most part. i finished up at 1 over and not sure if the heat or nerves played the biggest role in my blunders at the end of the round. i'm definitely getting more distance out of each iron and this course was a great barometer for me to test them. i play here often with the father in law so it's easy to know what i would've previously hit compared to what i am hitting now. i almost jar'd one on hole #11, which is 165 yards, with my 8 iron. i can't describe how much different ball flight and feel has been since having the rifle's installed.

i'm so glad that the new sticks and shafts are inspiring confidence 9I, that's a huge step. i played at my local par 3 course today and the heat darn near killed me. after walking 18 holes i was toast! i had a great day out there though. i was the only person braving the heat so it afforded me plenty of time to be patient and to work on some shots. i'm loving the new shafts more and more and i seriously can't believe the results that i am seeing.

i was 1 under through 14 holes and was just a par machine for the most part. i finished up at 1 over and not sure if the heat or nerves played the biggest role in my blunders at the end of the round. i'm definitely getting more distance out of each iron and this course was a great barometer for me to test them. i play here often with the father in law so it's easy to know what i would've previously hit compared to what i am hitting now. i almost jar'd one on hole #11, which is 165 yards, with my 8 iron. i can't describe how much different ball flight and feel has been since having the rifle's installed.

Its very inspiring to hear this TC. Sounds like the project is a complete success!

It's really cool to see how much of a difference these made for you TC.

Great stuff TC! Glad to hear that they are working so well for you. With any luck I'll start seeing better performance with a bit more practice with my clubs.

PS Congrats on your 5500th post!

to be fair, i normally shoot 1 or 2 over at this course anyway. i didn't hit more greens than normal but my confidence is continuing to grow and it's nice being able to start getting use to some new distances. what's probably being the biggest adjustment is getting use to midsize grips. my baby fade that i had always counted on seems to have turned into a baby draw. it's a good thing though. for the most part these bad boys are slightly longer, slightly more accurate and they feel a hell of a lot better.

oh, i was telling OEM kevin about the difference in sound as well. if anyone's ever played the x22's with the uniflex they'll agree that they had more of a clicking sound, whereas now it's more of a cracking sound.....i love it.

to be fair, i normally shoot 1 or 2 over at this course anyway. i didn't hit more greens than normal but my confidence is continuing to grow and it's nice being able to start getting use to some new distances. what's probably being the biggest adjustment is getting use to midsize grips. my baby fade that i had always counted on seems to have turned into a baby draw. it's a good thing though. for the most part these bad boys are slightly longer, slightly more accurate and they feel a hell of a lot better.

oh, i was telling OEM kevin about the difference in sound as well. if anyone's ever played the x22's with the uniflex they'll agree that they had more of a clicking sound, whereas now it's more of a cracking sound.....i love it.

So the guy who never hits a draw has started to hit a draw eh? That is awesome!

what's probably being the biggest adjustment is getting use to midsize grips. my baby fade that i had always counted on seems to have turned into a baby draw.

Soo ... did you have standard-sized grips before or oversized ones?

Soo ... did you have standard-sized grips before or oversized ones?

yes i did bonk, i was talked into the midsize. my hand is large enough to deem it, but i've always had standard. i'll get use to it, but i can't help but think that it helps me move the ball to my right.

wanted to get back to this thread this morning to discuss more of yesterday's round. this par 3 course is called Southern Tee and the guy who built it can always be found on the grounds. he's a younger guy and he and his wife run the day to day operations. he attended NC State and has a turf grass management degree and spent his first 6 years out of college working as a superintendent. his family owned this farmland and when his parents passed away he decided to lease most of the land but wanted to build his own par 3 course. the fwy's and greens here are immaculate. it's obvious how much pride this guy takes in his work and he's always happy to share a conversation about it.

anyway, from the blue tees (tips) his course plays 2573 yards. the shortest par 3 is hole #1 at 111 yards and the longest is #10 at 224 yards. it's one of those par 3 courses where you can just about hit every iron in the bag. it's perfect for honing ball striking and for putting the rifle's to the test.

i shot 1 under on the front 9, birdie'ing the 9th hole, it was all pars up until that point. i only hit 4/9 greens but had 12 putts, so i was getting up and down with ease. i've found that my misses now aren't so severe, the ball tends to go where i am aiming so i need to work on alignment.

the back 9 was a completely different story. i hit 6 out of 9 greens but shot 2 over with 16 putts. the greens i missed i only managed to par 1 and bogey'd the other 2. it's funny how that works out.

overall, i am extremely pleased so far with these shafts. they do everything that i was hoping for. the feel is remarkable and the lowering of my ball flight just brings a child like grin to my face.

the father in law and i will be playing here again this evening and my goal is to go flag hunting! i want birdies tonight!

Go get it TC! I really enjoy reading about your experiences with the new shafts. New sound, new ballflight... sounds like new clubs!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear those shafts are working for you TC!!! Best wishes on getting those birds tonight!

thanks fellas, they really are like new clubs. they look totally different at address. once you go stepless, you can never go back!!!

played with uncle daddy and my brother today. we had a great time, but yours truly put a hurtin' on them today.

i shot a 77, 38 going out and 39 coming home.

hit 9/14 fwys
hit 8/18 greens
had 28 putts
8 pars, 3 birdies, 6 bogeys and 1 double

shot one over on the par 5's today which really sucked. had a par, two bogeys and one birdie. hit the worst shot of my life for my second on one, just completely hit the ball fat and into the water, hit it again to my number and stuck the wedge to within a foot for a relatively easy bogey but what a waste.

irons were great today. i fired at pins i normally wouldn't so my gir's weren't the best but i was wanting to really test the accuracy of the new shafts. i'm extremely pleased and even my brother noticed a significant difference in my ball flight and added distance. i can't reiterate how lovely they feel and i'm getting more and more confident with them. i knew it would take a little time to get use to them but it's moving along nicely.

TC!!! Tearin it up!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those shafts are money... how do they feel compared to the others? are they really rigid stiff?

Nice round TC, those shafts are really working for you it seems!

Great stuff TC. These babies are gettin it done for yoy. Glad to hear it!

Back