True value of lessons.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m finally going to do some lessons. Have spent many many hours trying to self diagnose and fix myself. This got me to thinking about value of lessons. Not only does the lesson have a value for your game itself let’s look at cost of self diagnosis and trying to bandaid a swing.

I’ll try and calculate what that time has been worth in just say the last year. I’d say I easily average a couple hours a day watch YouTube golf. Some for entertainment the rest instruction. If I split those hours and then add a minimum of 60 hours range time over the year. It’s easily 425 or more hours. If I had booked those same hours at worked that’s nearly 28,000.

28k would have paid for a lot of lessons doing the correct drills. Not going to calculate what the entertainment and educational value you is of my time spent on THP. Sometimes it’s best just not to know.

I tried the DIY swing for 2 years and got nowhere. 1 lesson cost the same as 10 beaten buckets, and I concluded that another 10 buckets wasn't going to take me anywhere the last 50 or whatever didn't.

I am going to see an instructor in about a month. I have seen three different instructors (one lesson each). First one was a total d***. The second one was okay, but a little too far to drive on the regular, but he did have a building that hit into the driving range, and the opposite wall has a simulator. The third dude must have come over on the ark. I hate the old, "Sure, meet me at the driving range, and we will work on your swing." Yeah, I schedule a lesson a month in advance, sometimes take a day off work to attend the lesson, and then take the chance of getting rained on. That happened the last time. I found an instructor that has an indoor facility. The thing is, I have never had a lesson with an instructor that uses any "tools" or provided me with effective drills. I see these amazing lessons on YouTube and read about some here on the forum where instructors use alignment sticks in many different ways amongst other things. I am hoping this next instructor works out.

Back