Truly Underrated Golf Clubs

Thrillbilly Jim

Raised On Hose Water And Neglect
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I was thinking about golf clubs that I have hit that I believe are underrated! Please add yours and opinions why they are underrated!

Wilson-Staff FG Tour F5 irons- One of the best irons I have hit! Performance and feel are amazing. Probably just didn’t stand out enough between the V6 and C300.

Ben Hogan Edge (2018)- Great irons! V-sole, super soft, foam filled, very forgiving in a smaller GI chassis. Review photos don’t do these irons justice. Look great in hand.

Cleveland CBX irons- Great tech! Super long and forgiving. V-sole. Looks awesome. Just not flashy as the Srixon lineup.

Nike the hybrids back a few years ago.

SeeMore putters. I think the RST would help a lot of people but outside of THP, you don’t run into many people who even know about them, let alone play them.

Taylormade Aeroburner Driver. Got given it for free before it was thrown away and I can hit it straighter and further than my M4-D

I picked up an Aeroburner HL last summer for my wife real cheap and she can hit 250 yard bombs with it. For results vs. price it's probably the best club I've ever bought.

Ben Hogan Edge (2018)- Great irons! V-sole, super soft, foam filled, very forgiving in a smaller GI chassis. Review photos don’t do these irons justice. Look great in hand.
So true! I have a set in my bag and I’ve had them for over a year and a half now. Amazing forged clubs for such a great factory direct price and made to whatever specs you want. I didn’t expect them to look as good as they do.

Mizuno ST190 TS fairway woods

They may not be under-rated in the US, but they are almost completely unknown over here in Australia and don't even enter into most discussions of the leading fairway woods. Which is a shame, because I have found mine to be easily the best 3-wood going around.

Tour Edge Exotics CBX

Got to test them during TEEM Tour Edge Last Year. The Hybrid and FW were really good. The FW was a rocket laucnher when I hit it well, but it was a little stout for me personally as it had a HZRDUS Smoke 80g Stiff shaft and a super low spin head. That said if you are a good ball striker I bet that FW would be one of the very best options on the market for you.

SeeMore putters. I think the RST would help a lot of people but outside of THP, you don’t run into many people who even know about them, let alone play them.

Good one! I was thinking irons, but I think lots of bad putters would get better immediately using a SeeMore.

And it looks like you have the late night kid duty haha!

Kind of timely with the P. Reed stuff, the Grindworks DP-2 irons. I demoed and was fit into them but the fitter could not get them in for some reason. They are a small compact dual pocket iron that gave me big distance and still looked real good.

I have since found them from Golf Mechanic and someday may just build a set on my own.

Pretty much everything by Adams Golf! Tight Lies, Speedline, hybrids, cbm irons.

Last edited:
Taylormade Speedblades. I've gotten a few sets for family members starting the game and I don't even feel like I would start a fuss right now if I had to play them.
These irons where fantastic. I played a set in most of 2017 and they did just fine.

Exotics was but think thats changing quickly. Cleveland and Wilson

I would agree with the Adams line of clubs. Never enough love and I am saddened that they were dissolved. I will say that I wish they were built a bit better. I remember several irons coming apart after usage and having to be re-glued.

I think of an underrated club as one that may not sell as well as it should based on its performance. I don’t know any numbers around sales for these clubs, but I would imagine the Srixon 585/785 irons (and the irons in those lines that came before them) are probably underrated from a sales perspective.

I never hear anything about Honma on here or anywhere else

But my dad passed his set down to me and they hit great. In fact, I got a fitting on my irons last year and after several hours of testing irons from Titleist, TM, Calloway, Ping etc turns out I hit just as well with my 10 year old hand-me-down Honma clubs then any of the latest and greatest

Mizuno ST180, very forgiving for a low spin option, and the color really popped. My 2nd favorite driver release from last year.

Exotics iron woods, these sort of came and went with not a lot of fanfare. I love them, they are a great blend of forgiveness, looks, and a pleasing sound.

From a few years ago, the wilson c200 irons, great price on a premium iron. I've steered a few friends and family members towards them, and they've all been extremely pleased.

Back