Truss putter original?

TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
So a truck came into the shop this morning and this was laying in the back of the bed... lol
Did Taylor Made get the idea from Titleist??
Look at this beauty! A little throwback for this Tuesday.

B9FF8F61-7EE6-4C39-87B8-7C4C205669F0.jpeg01812F84-1654-415B-9E79-E0C92EC3C86C.jpeg79354344-DF26-444E-8DDD-C38162F8B1DE.jpeg

Still ugly.

I think my dad might still have one of those. I'll be back home this weekend, I'll have to see if I can dig it up. I used to game it in high school.

I have one of these that I inherited from my grandfather alongside 4 or 5 other putters. This one is the ugliest though. Definitely what first came to mind when I saw the tm ones.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh Lawd! Yep. Old Truss. Ugly then. Ugly now.

Still pretty ugly looking to me. :p

There are times when history shouldn’t repeat itself. This is one of them.

You can't fix ugly.

I agree it's ugly......wonder what DJ sees in it?

The shape and design has been done by a few companies, which is funny. If I recall correctly, I alluded to that in the preview article for the design.

I like that it's furry. Or something.

There is a bunch of ugly equipment that has been made over the years. I don’t think I have ever a particular release where the OVERWHELMING majority just hates the look.

Every plastic surgeon disagrees with you.. 😂😂
I came to that conclusion as soon as I posted that statement. The correct statement is "you can't fix stupid", but that didn't seem appropriate for the present topic.:unsure:

I agree it's ugly......wonder what DJ sees in it?
I bet DJ would putt with a hot pink putter with sparkles if it put the ball in the hole for him more often

I bet DJ would putt with a hot pink putter with sparkles if it put the ball in the hole for him more often

Hey no doubt, I agree. DJ has been putting with the Spider putter for the last a few years that I know of, and being in a position to have any putter at his disposal (brand name, you name it) and I'm sure he's tried out plenty of them, he chose the Truss putter. I personally don't care for the looks and it really wasn't a WOW for me when I rolled it at a PGATSS, so for me it was a meh! For HIM it obviously works.

Send it to @Space Bandito ! HE could make it look like new! Not sure he would want any part of such an atrocious DESIGNED putter.

Hey no doubt, I agree. DJ has been putting with the Spider putter for the last a few years that I know of, and being in a position to have any putter at his disposal (brand name, you name it) and I'm sure he's tried out plenty of them, he chose the Truss putter. I personally don't care for the looks and it really wasn't a WOW for me when I rolled it at a PGATSS, so for me it was a meh! For HIM it obviously works.
I think it could actually be a bit of both (player / manufacturer influence) Taylormade introduces the truss putter, and needs one or more of the guys on tour to game it for exposure and hopefully sales at the stores. DJ tries said putter and doesn't putt any worse with it than what he was using, so TM says "we'll give you a bonus of 'x' if you roll it for a couple of months"
Honestly I think most of the equipment today could be picked up by a pro and they'd be able to figure it out within a handful of swings. I'm not suggesting that all of the products on the market are the same, but rather that professional golfers can get the most out of any club given to them.

Ive got one of those. Its not a bad putter, although the aiming lines really only work for a very specific person. If you are too tall or too short, it doesnt work.

Back