Trying to Break 100

On the first tee for my first round in a month. I'm still waiting on my new clubs.

Shot a 120 on a course I should be moving in the right direction on. I slice the Driver good n proper (as in 3-fairways-over) but after putting two OOB I tried some tips id read somewhere on THP and it instantly cured it! From then on my drives were the best part of my game as my irons fell apart and I couldn’t two putt if the hole was the size of a paddling pool.
Still, take the positives and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 101 (hdcp diff 29.5) at just under 6,000. Played with @lil'mike and it's always nice to watch the game played as it should be. We (high cappers) can learn a lot from watching better players.

The round felt better than the score indicated. There were a couple lost balls, but most of my strokes came from a myriad if poor play resulting in 2 quads, a triple and a bunch of doubles. After the first couple of holes, my irons started feeling pretty good - especially on approach shots from 120 and in. I hit several approach shots on or next to the green, but most were not in regulation. Combined with some dumb putting and short game mistakes, the tee game did not set me up for success. I let my temper get the best of me a couple of times, but for the most part just took the good with the bad.

It turned out to be a fun round that wasn't all bad. Considering my index is probably right at 25, I need to consider a round like this to now be my typical golf.

I'm staying away from the course until this new heat wave is over. Second record breaking heat wave in less than a month. 111 today and tomorrow.

One thing I think I realized is, I cannot feel rushed. I remember a few months ago the worst start I ever had was when one of my playing partners came out of the club house and said we were after the group on the tee.

I was just about to hit some warmup balls. So I rushed it and hit as many as I could as fast as I could thinking it would help me warm up faster. Needless to say I took that rushed feeling to the first tee and could not hit anything near decent for the first 3 holes. I finally settled down but by then I was plus 10 through 3 holes.

A few days ago I had a doctor's appointment at 1. My wife went shopping with a friend around 10. So I thought it would be a good time to hit a bucket. I knew I had to finish quick enough to get back and shower before my appointment. I hit the bucket in about half the time I normally would. Probably my worst range session in a couple years. Even the normally reliable driver was off.

The last 10 or 15 balls, I sat down, took some deep breaths, stood over the ball with more deep breaths to relax. Loosened up my whole body and hit much better. That made me realize how important it was be as relaxed as possible. Whenever I rush things at the start it seems like I carry that feeling for a few holes. I probably want to back off on the coffee before an early round too.

I shot what I thought was a really good score (for me) on Friday, and my handicap went UP! How is that?

42/49 for a personal best of 91. The difference today was my short game. I had a total of 28 putts for the round and only 13 on the front 9. My average is 36 putts per round. Oh, and no 3 putts today. Did I mention that I birdied both par 5's on the front?

I shot what I thought was a really good score (for me) on Friday, and my handicap went UP! How is that?

Easier course?

My work league course is 68.2/117. I would have to shoot an average 85 across 8 rounds / last 20 to get down to a 15.3 handicap. That'd require some outstanding golf which is why I'm a 20 handicap.

Dave

Easier course?

My work league course is 68.2/117. I would have to shoot an average 85 across 8 rounds / last 20 to get down to a 15.3 handicap. That'd require some outstanding golf which is why I'm a 20 handicap.

Dave

Yes, but still a good score for me.

On the first tee for my first round in a month. I'm still waiting on my new clubs.
42/49 for a personal best of 91. The difference today was my short game. I had a total of 28 putts for the round and only 13 on the front 9. My average is 36 putts per round. Oh, and no 3 putts today. Did I mention that I birdied both par 5's on the front?
Nice!!

I played golf. I stank some, smelled like roses some, and was putting very poorly on the front. Little bit of tweaking and the putter got better, but was still dicey.

Lowlights included a 4 foot putt at a pin 20 feet away, and hitting the same branch with two straight shots, losing yardage both times.

Haven’t been able to do anything golf related all summer. While it feels much better my lower back has been a painful mess . Doc says I can avoid surgery so that’s good. Hope to be able to hit some balls next month.

I played golf. I stank some, smelled like roses some, and was putting very poorly on the front. Little bit of tweaking and the putter got better, but was still dicey.

Lowlights included a 4 foot putt at a pin 20 feet away, and hitting the same branch with two straight shots, losing yardage both times.

Sounds like you’ve been taking lessons from me or something.

Sounds like you’ve been taking lessons from me or something.
I was stalking you for a bit, but got called to another assignment.

I hit a fair few trees at short distance on Saturday. Similarly, one tree I hit twice right after each other.

Played really well for me. 45-52 for a 97 on a 130 slope at 6400 yards.

It’s amazing what not 3 putting and not having penalty strokes does. Only had 2 of each.

I hit a fair few trees at short distance on Saturday. Similarly, one tree I hit twice right after each other.

Same here. Attmpted punch out flew high, hit branch, landed behind me and to the right. Tried it again, same result.:eek:

I arrived late and rushed to the first hole on a course I've never played. 56 on the front 9 with 22 putts. :poop: That included penalties for three lost balls.

I settled in for the back 9 and my tee shots were much better. 47 in the back nine. I was still pretty rough putting with the new putter 21 on the back.

Over all, a 103 with a rushed start and a bad putting day. I think I will be making double digits my new norm soon!

Lol, I have the worst luck when it comes to branches or trees. If there is one not too close but in the path, I try to hit it. I know I'll never hit it so that is best way to miss them. :ROFLMAO:

I arrived late and rushed to the first hole on a course I've never played. 56 on the front 9 with 22 putts. :poop: That included penalties for three lost balls.

I settled in for the back 9 and my tee shots were much better. 47 in the back nine. I was still pretty rough putting with the new putter 21 on the back.

Over all, a 103 with a rushed start and a bad putting day. I think I will be making double digits my new norm soon!

If its getting too close to the tee time I won't hit any warm up balls. I learned the hard way what rushing yourself will do. I just wait for my turn at the first tee and take my time. Even if it means not warming up. Last time I rushed some warmup balls on the range and ran up to the first tee, I had my worst start ever.

If its getting too close to the tee time I won't hit any warm up balls. I learned the hard way what rushing yourself will do. I just wait for my turn at the first tee and take my time. Even if it means not warming up. Last time I rushed some warmup balls on the range and ran up to the first tee, I had my worst start ever.
I seem to start out worse if I go to the range before playing. So I just warm up a bit with my SKLZ swing trainer before I tee off.

just realized I have been largely absent here (I know you missed me...or....more likely....nobody noticed.....)

Havent played a round in a minute, but did go hit balls a couple times last weekend. Work's kicking my tail right now...and the weather rght now is gross...but looks like a nice weekend so hoping to at least hit the range if not maybe play nine. Also kinda jammed my wrist up a little shooting hoops a week ago...so was trying to lay off it a bit.

Playing tomorrow on a course i shot 120 on last Saturday. I did not play well. I expect to be close to 100.. just how much closer we will see. Who knows a miracle might happen and I might not shank half my irons :)

Lol, I have the worst luck when it comes to branches or trees. If there is one not too close but in the path, I try to hit it. I know I'll never hit it so that is best way to miss them. :ROFLMAO:
Had a buddy try that and clocked the trunk dead center.

I seem to start out worse if I go to the range before playing. So I just warm up a bit with my SKLZ swing trainer before I tee off.
My warm up is tying my shoes.

just realized I have been largely absent here (I know you missed me...or....more likely....nobody noticed.....)

Havent played a round in a minute, but did go hit balls a couple times last weekend. Work's kicking my tail right now...and the weather rght now is gross...but looks like a nice weekend so hoping to at least hit the range if not maybe play nine. Also kinda jammed my wrist up a little shooting hoops a week ago...so was trying to lay off it a bit.
We're getting to the point of the season where injury can tank the rest of the year. Take it slow.

Back