Trying to Break 100

You're in luck, you'll never see the mountain loin that eats you.
Pork or beef...?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Things I’m happy with in my current state of play. Iron play. It’s been solid for the most part.
Recovery. Yes I hit some bad shots but I have been following up with a good one . Gives me a chance to save a hole with at least a bogey.
Distances . For the most part I know how far each iron will travel. Of course there are outliers but it’s nice to know 165 out is a 6i. No guessing. As I said I might catch it just right and fly 175 but I don’t worry about that.

Things that need major improvement .
Driver. I just don’t know what’s going to happen with it. It’s in my head bad and I need to sort that out.
Short game. Less than a full swing with any wedge can be an adventure these days. Have to dial those in. Putting is coming along but has a way to go yet. Been missing a lot from with in 10 ft. For the most part the short game is costing me around 10-12 strokes a round.
I know what needs to be worked on so that does give me hope. Otherwise it’s just nice to be out with some good company .
Give em hell B-100!

How close to home is it? Three nines that make you work on the target game will reap you lots of good scores.

It’s about 7 mins from parking spot to parking spot.

The 9 I played today are definitely not bomb and gouge holes which I really really like.

It’s about 7 mins from parking spot to parking spot.

The 9 I played today are definitely not bomb and gouge holes which I really really like.
Nice. Is it a muni?

Nice. Is it a muni?

Ehhh.....kinda sorta. It’s open to the public, but privately run, and you get get a membership, with some of the assorted perks

So it looks like my affinity for randomly thrusting my pelvis has found its way into my transition/downswing. Second lesson in the books and while I’ve made some progress getting my takeaway better, I’m humping the goat (and not in the potentially enjoyable/probably illegal/100% digusting, literal way).

The instructor gave me a few ideas on how to work on it but have to admit, fixing it is a bit of a struggle. Think this is a rubber meets the road kind of point where I’m going to have to dedicate a lot of time to my swing. Going to give it a shot.

One thing, past instructors have been more focused on wholesale changes. I feel like the current instructor has gotten to the very biggest issue in a short time. When I made a more normal swing ball flight was noticeably different.

So it looks like my affinity for randomly thrusting my pelvis has found its way into my transition/downswing. Second lesson in the books and while I’ve made some progress getting my takeaway better, I’m humping the goat (and not in the potentially enjoyable/probably illegal/100% digusting, literal way).

The instructor gave me a few ideas on how to work on it but have to admit, fixing it is a bit of a struggle. Think this is a rubber meets the road kind of point where I’m going to have to dedicate a lot of time to my swing. Going to give it a shot.

One thing, past instructors have been more focused on wholesale changes. I feel like the current instructor has gotten to the very biggest issue in a short time. When I made a more normal swing ball flight was noticeably different.

Spinal fusion seems to have helped TIger. Maybe they can fuse your hips? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Whenever I try that, the rest of the passengers take a dim view. :confused:
I’m now told this is less than ideal behavior. Even for golfers regardless of what Thronburg Olesen says.

Good morning/afternoon everyone. Golf will be limited to Sundays for awhile now, but that will also give the back time to rest and get a bit stronger. Have a great day.

Looks like we may get out to play 9 on Sunday afternoon if we get everything sorted that we need to do (got friends coming to stay for a couple days the weekend after)
Part of me wants to play Saturday as I have a free day due to Jen being out with friends and the weather is supposed to be nice, but I feel like a weekend without too much golf wouldn't be a bad thing after playing both days last weekend

I will be playing at least Friday and Saturday next week, maybe even Sunday as well, then the following week is the league finals week so I don't want to golf myself out before then

Back in my office for the second day. Plan to hit a bucket of balls on Saturday am. Need to work back into using my right arm and leg. Did 7,300 steps yesterday with no problems. A little tired but okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in my office for the second day. Plan to hit a bucket of balls on Saturday am. Need to work back into using my right arm and leg. Did 7,300 steps yesterday with no problems. A little tired but okay.

That is awesome, good for you.

I was able to make it out again tonight, I played 9 holes but played 2 balls on #8 and #9 shooting a 47/par 38 over 11 holes at the executive course.

I had 5 really good strikes on the evening, #1 8 iron GIR 2-putt par, #3 7 iron GIR with 12 foot birdie putt missed but made the par, #5 4 iron hit as well as I could hit one, but wrong club as it went over the green ended up with bogey, #8 first shot another 4 iron hit well this one a GIR but a little bit too much fade spin putting me on the wrong side of the green, 2 putt for par, and #8 second shot from the up tee 7 iron GIR and 2 putt par.

Not all was good as my wedges were terrible tonight and I hit a 7 iron on #9 OB left, but all said it was a fun night of golf. I'm going to try to get out again tomorrow at a full size course.

Dave

Playing a fun, but very tough, Arthur Hills design on the far East part of the island. Will try and take pics. Hope the course conditions are nice.

May not keep score because 1- my game has been extremely off and 2- with swing changes come new swing thoughts. Trying to avoid humping farm animals is unfortunately a new thing for me and am having a lot of inconsistency creep in.

Playing a fun, but very tough, Arthur Hills design on the far East part of the island. Will try and take pics. Hope the course conditions are nice.

May not keep score because 1- my game has been extremely off and 2- with swing changes come new swing thoughts. Trying to avoid humping farm animals is unfortunately a new thing for me and am having a lot of inconsistency creep in.

Well, we’re all glad you’re getting the help you need!

Remember the B100 golf plan. Drink until it’s fun. Or something like that.

I see you found the THP Mood feature ;)

#liveroverpar

The IS the B100 Bible! A gut-busting read (or listen)!

a2422f33d583370f3c4f40a382132256.jpg

Back