Trying to Break 100

Good morning everyone!!!! Hopefully some of you are able to play today and play well. I won't play again until Sunday and hopefully it won't be a rain out.

Sat at work writing VBA code in Microsoft Access, so no golf for me

Got a tee time booked for Sunday though with my usual playing partner and a couple of other guys from the club so keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather here as well

Yep - I'm out on Sunday morning, playing at South Essex GC (07:59 tee off), mixed 9's of the Hawk 9, followed by the Vixen 9. The course has 3 x 9 holes, Heron / Hawk / Vixen and the normal 18 is Heron + Hawk. Heron is the least interesting 9, we managed to wangle an "off-menu" 18, easily the most fun combo, so we're looking forward to it (y).

I'm not expecting Tennessee/Ohio level distances, mostly due to clubs, temperatures and conditions, but will be good fun. Will the greens be as vicious, borderline sociopathic, as Sleepy Hollow?

Spoiler: No. No, they won't.

Yep - I'm out on Sunday morning, playing at South Essex GC (07:59 tee off), mixed 9's of the Hawk 9, followed by the Vixen 9. The course has 3 x 9 holes, Heron / Hawk / Vixen and the normal 18 is Heron + Hawk. Heron is the least interesting 9, we managed to wangle an "off-menu" 18, easily the most fun combo, so we're looking forward to it (y).

I'm not expecting Tennessee/Ohio level distances, mostly due to clubs, temperatures and conditions, but will be good fun. Will the greens be as vicious, borderline sociopathic, as Sleepy Hollow?

Spoiler: No. No, they won't.
Lol. Those greens are gonna stick with you for a while, aren't they?

Good morning everyone!!!! Hopefully some of you are able to play today and play well. I won't play again until Sunday and hopefully it won't be a rain out.

Good Morning. Yes, I'm taking the afternoon off to take full advantage of our weather. only 85F and dry! I have 18 scheduled for today and sunday.

I’ve got 2 rounds scheduled this weekend. They’ll be the first non-competitive/scramble 18 hole rounds I’ve played in at least 2 months

Got out of work early today and played a solo 18 at Interlochen. Played pretty badly... think I shot a 104 on an easy course. The driver was especially poor with huge two-way misses. Was never able to get it worked out. But no matter, it's not like I'm ever going to fix that problem for more than a round or two anyway..

No other part of the game was very good. I did birdie the par 4 second with a chip in and hit a couple greens with long irons. But overall it was poor golf even by my low standards. You know you're in for a long day when the simple task punching out into the fairway fails... on multiple occasions.

Oh, well. Beautiful day on the course. Sunny and in the mid 50's. The fall colors are pretty much at peak right now so that part of the afternoon was nice.

Playing tomorrow, and looking for a game on Sunday.

Unfortunately no golf for me this weekend. Will be heading to Tulsa this evening for a bowling tournament this weekend.

Bad thing about not being able to play this weekend is that I ordered a set of clubs from Callaway Pre-Owned yesterday, and they get delivered tomorrow. :dohanim:

I got a set of Like New Rogue irons, 5-PW with the TrueTemper XP 95 shafts and added 1/2" in length based on my fitting. Also on the way to me is a Taylormade M6 driver that I was also fit into that performed the best for me. Trade in on my current gamers and driver made the purchase a no brainer and a very cheap upgrade of my "beginner-ish" clubs.

I am gonna really be jonesing to play with the new set of gear next weekend. :LOL:

I played a links-like course near me today. It was going to be the dry and only slightly windy. The starting temp was warmer today than last weekend...

81a11f6117dde0a125b09f33a40cb347.jpg

A view from the second’s blue tee:

eec25b2ab4bf1d2d8194ac5746f8b81f.jpg

The 4th. A watery par 3:

28a6a842c8c53e7d34e96473f863a1e9.jpg

The 16th. A longer, watery par 3. I was short into the wind...

825b347cbbf7747130c41f1d0bbe17b3.jpg

I shot 52/59 with two water balls (there’s a pond in front of 18 with a vacuum into the wind). Swing timing was a bit better. Short game “Hoover’ed” all day. Still beats working.

cba1387959e88bef49acfc2bac206662.jpg

4eb59350716650f31ed9f8fe268e1d5e.jpg

Might try to get out to our favorite 9-hole exec. course on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18 at my home course. Shot 49/47 for a 96. No birdies and played well except for 2 holes where I got triples. On par 4 hole I was on in 3, only to 4 putt for a triple. One other hole was a 3 putt, otherwise all 2s and a few 1 putts. Hit the damn pin twice again while chipping but the ball didn't drop either time.

Got out of work early today and played a solo 18 at Interlochen. Played pretty badly... think I shot a 104 on an easy course. The driver was especially poor with huge two-way misses. Was never able to get it worked out. But no matter, it's not like I'm ever going to fix that problem for more than a round or two anyway..

No other part of the game was very good. I did birdie the par 4 second with a chip in and hit a couple greens with long irons. But overall it was poor golf even by my low standards. You know you're in for a long day when the simple task punching out into the fairway fails... on multiple occasions.

Oh, well. Beautiful day on the course. Sunny and in the mid 50's. The fall colors are pretty much at peak right now so that part of the afternoon was nice.
Stick that driver in your closet!
Unfortunately no golf for me this weekend. Will be heading to Tulsa this evening for a bowling tournament this weekend.

Bad thing about not being able to play this weekend is that I ordered a set of clubs from Callaway Pre-Owned yesterday, and they get delivered tomorrow. :dohanim:

I got a set of Like New Rogue irons, 5-PW with the TrueTemper XP 95 shafts and added 1/2" in length based on my fitting. Also on the way to me is a Taylormade M6 driver that I was also fit into that performed the best for me. Trade in on my current gamers and driver made the purchase a no brainer and a very cheap upgrade of my "beginner-ish" clubs.

I am gonna really be jonesing to play with the new set of gear next weekend. :LOL:
shweet!!

Playing tomorrow, and looking for a game on Sunday.
Playing Big Met around 12:30 on Sunday. Can actually wake up a bit earlier but the round is fastest shortly before football kicks off

I got in a quick 9 practice round after work. Hoping to play again Sunday morning.

fb48d8763eee28d6f77750058c04ffa1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played 18 holes Friday. My chipping and putting were actually pretty good. Sank 3 long shots. Chipped a 120 footer close to the hole, but my driver shots were miserable. And trees, did I hit some trees, you betcha!

Attachments

• 20191019_071359.jpg
    20191019_071359.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 16
Two birdies, a few pars, and some other holes I’d really rather not talk about, thank you very much, led to a pretty ok 93 today. Managed to keep it in play off the tee most of the day which was a big help.

Stick that driver in your closet!

I might take this advice. I keep doing the exact same thing and expecting different results.

The next time out something will click (for no reason) and I'll be hitting the longest straightest drives ever. Nothin' but pars and birdies. It'll be different, I just know it will!:dohanim:

I have a lesson with my instructor next Saturday. Need to reboot my swing, cause it’s booting my bum right now #inconsistentlyconsistent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday round report:

Weather was just about perfect. 83-85 light breez, “gusts” to 10 mph. Played a new to me, challenging course. Lots of water and challenging lateral hazards. They had some flood damage to their bunkers so starter told us to play all of them as free relief. So naturally I had my first round without going into a single bunker!

Rough was very thick. Fairways were perfect save the goose poop. Greens were volatile. They’d had their first trimming. Yet still fuzzy and multi speed. I sill putted well averageing exacly a 2 putter hole.

Driver continues to be slice problems. Both drivers I carried suffers same fate. Epic Flash seems noticeable longer than Rouge SZ. Arccos data backing that up. Moving the weight had little real world affect as my swing too messed for it to compensate. So I moved it back to center and changed the hossel to draw setting for next round.

My irons were really good. Hit the green on par threes multiple times. Sane with wedge approach shots from 140-80 yards. Very happy with that

Too many penalties and duffs. So 52/53. Finished strong with missing a 13 foot birdie putt from fringe by inches. But then had to two putt to bogey.

Hope to build on this tomorrow.

Started playing again after a layoff due to Cataract surgery, now can see where my ball is going, and except off the tee, don't like it. I can't quite judge the distance to the ball with my irons and am getting more miss-hits. Hopefully, a few more rounds and I'll adjust. Anyone else gone through this?

Played a regular track today. 58/48. Swing was kinda out of sync for most of the day, but I managed to recover on the back a bit. Hit some good shots, some solid putts, and the wedge was working well. Made three pars on the back, along with a sweet, sweet 10.
Going to change my left hand to a stronger grip. Toyed with it today to mixed results. Feels really weird.
Going to break down this year and get some lessons. (Shaddup, DG?)
May actually try to improve.

Anyone else gone through this?
Not exactly, but my vision is definitely an issue. It's getting worse quickly. If nothing else, it's hard to follow some of my drives.... and it's not like they're going very far.:rolleyes:

As far as your hand-eye coordination adjusting, it might take a little time, but I'd guess before long it will be at least as good as it was before your surgery.

Good luck.

Back