Trying to Break 100

No golf for me today, but I did regrip all of my clubs.

Went with Winn DrItac Midsize grips.

ED3D285B-A492-4699-92E5-393F211D74C3.jpeg

Hope those work for you. I had dritac on a driver and I cut it off after a week, hated them after a few rounds. Flt great before I played with them thouh

Hope those work for you. I had dritac on a driver and I cut it off after a week, hated them after a few rounds. Flt great before I played with them thouh

I tested several different midsize grips for a few rounds a couple weeks ago. Had already used the Dritac on my driver and liked it. (y)

Didn't get any golf in yesterday despite having a tee time - got to the course and it was just so wet it got cancelled

Not sure when I will next get to swing a club now as busy next weekend, so might have to grab a few clubs from my locker at the club and hit the range as the forecast for the next few days isn't good with more rain

Just ordered the matching 60° Eye2 Glide3.0 wedge (y)

I am IN NO WAY a weak, consumerist jellyfish.

:confused:

Just ordered the matching 60° Eye2 Glide3.0 wedge (y)

I am IN NO WAY a weak, consumerist jellyfish.

:confused:
Don't worry, you're not alone. I'm trying to resist urge to try/buy Cobra Forged Tec irons. Not sure how long I can do that.

I shot a 95 on Sunday, yay, broke 100, but boo, it was only a par 60 course. Driver was on fire, but everything else was cold as ice. Irons were poor, and putting was 2 feet high almost all the time. Chipping was 50/50. Maybe playing 18 on Friday (72 par), riding mountain bikes on Saturday, and then another 18 on Sunday was too much?

I’ve scheduled an 18-hole round on Thursday (11/7) at 11:40, after my doctor’s appointment. Should be a lovely day...

a41d9ec385b6fb97f727970c25aeaef0.jpg

I’m hoping it’s sunny and not too breezy. It’s probably the last chance to use my last Group Golfer coupon this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dedication ^^^^^^^^

Or certifiable idiot. The votes are being tallied...

We’re hardy fools in the Midwest...

0ed09a904737f0a5014182316f582259.jpg

83e76be56ec10495e9fca8817561b499.jpg

7b6eebcdce1b634a8b225e3e13d2ca45.jpg

I’ve scheduled an 18-hole round on Thursday (11/7) at 11:40, after my doctor’s appointment. Should be a lovely day...

a41d9ec385b6fb97f727970c25aeaef0.jpg

I’m hoping it’s sunny and not too breezy. It’s probably the last chance to use my last Group Golfer coupon this year.

Was hoping you were in Europe and it was Celsius. I admire the dedication, I have trouble playing before 40 these days. Too much effort

I posted on the Malaska golf thread; 2 videos I saw recently from Be Better Golf featuring Mike Malaska - I thought were very interesting & might be helpful to some B100ers. I just wish the weather was good enough to go out & practice some of this.

Well, it turns out I got at least one chance to try these ideas out. Today was low 50's & wind was blowing pretty strong (15-20 mph at times), but hey - it's not snowing, so I went out for 9 holes today after work.

My swing thought for pretty much every full shot was...well, actually I could hear Mike Malaska's voice telling me (as he imitates Jack Nicklaus): "All I'm really doing is; as the club goes back, my right leg pushes my right hip out of the way, and when I start down, my left leg pushes my left hip back and out of the way. And as I run the momentum of the club into the back of the ball, my right arm has to line up with the club shaft so it stabilizes and supports the shaft." (5:28 & 7:27 from 2nd video & 8:10 from 1st video).

Shot a 45 with those thoughts: More importantly, I hit 6/7 fairways & the drives were powerful & felt very good. I also had a lot of good, solid approach shots. Just could not make a single putt over 4 feet. Still, it felt good & I'm encouraged to keep working on these skills.

Was hoping you were in Europe and it was Celsius. I admire the dedication, I have trouble playing before 40 these days. Too much effort
Thanks, but I’m still waiting to see what happens by Wednesday. I’d like to play and use up the discount, but I don’t need to be stupid about it.

Thanks, but I’m still waiting to see what happens by Wednesday. I’d like to play and use up the discount, but I don’t need to be stupid about it.
I hope you get out. After the middle of this week, we may not have another opportunity until Spring. I'll be happy to have a bare spot in my yard to just take full swings from.

Well, it turns out I got at least one chance to try these ideas out. Today was low 50's & wind was blowing pretty strong (15-20 mph at times), but hey - it's not snowing, so I went out for 9 holes today after work.

My swing thought for pretty much every full shot was...well, actually I could hear Mike Malaska's voice telling me (as he imitates Jack Nicklaus): "All I'm really doing is; as the club goes back, my right leg pushes my right hip out of the way, and when I start down, my left leg pushes my left hip back and out of the way. And as I run the momentum of the club into the back of the ball, my right arm has to line up with the club shaft so it stabilizes and supports the shaft." (5:28 & 7:27 from 2nd video & 8:10 from 1st video).

Shot a 45 with those thoughts: More importantly, I hit 6/7 fairways & the drives were powerful & felt very good. I also had a lot of good, solid approach shots. Just could not make a single putt over 4 feet. Still, it felt good & I'm encouraged to keep working on these skills.
Well done!
I try to think of clouds when I’m swinging. Or giant ants.

Well done!
I try to think of clouds when I’m swinging. Or giant ants.

The other encouraging thing I took away was that my wedges went straighter, higher, and farther - the contact was a lot better than usual. I know this isn't a magic fix, but I think if I practice some of this (what Malaska and others like Adam Young refer to as skill acquisition drills), it should translate to more consistent shots.

Or certifiable idiot. The votes are being tallied...

We’re hardy fools in the Midwest...

0ed09a904737f0a5014182316f582259.jpg

83e76be56ec10495e9fca8817561b499.jpg

7b6eebcdce1b634a8b225e3e13d2ca45.jpg

14 years in the desert has thinned my Midwest blood

With how the weather has been over here, I am not sure when I will next make it out on to the course - Jen has rang me this morning to say our course is closed which isn't really surprising considering the amount of rain we have had over the last few days

I honestly don't think it will be open for at least a week, if not longer

14 years in the desert has thinned my Midwest blood

I can appreciate that. When we moved to Chicago from Tampa 24 yrs ago, we damn near froze that first winter.

Oh look! The forecast is even better today...

61d372ec481132572d774ba2930fdbdf.jpg

At least it’s a touch warmer... Do winter rules apply? With the recent rules snafus, I want to be sure....

With how the weather has been over here, I am not sure when I will next make it out on to the course - Jen has rang me this morning to say our course is closed which isn't really surprising considering the amount of rain we have had over the last few days

I honestly don't think it will be open for at least a week, if not longer
That stinks.

Back