Trying to Break 100

Back from the land of injured knees and hacking away again.
Had a fun round in perfect weather on Sunday. Front 9 was an expected struggle to regain any semblance of form.
Back nine included a good stretch of play on 5 consecutive holes that tells me all is not lost.
I did ruin the shaft of my 7 iron following through into a tree branch but most importantly the knee held up just fine.

Good morning everyone, don't think I will get out for any golf today at 7 degrees. :coffee:

Back from the land of injured knees and hacking away again.
Had a fun round in perfect weather on Sunday. Front 9 was an expected struggle to regain any semblance of form.
Back nine included a good stretch of play on 5 consecutive holes that tells me all is not lost.
I did ruin the shaft of my 7 iron following through into a tree branch but most importantly the knee held up just fine.
New clubs is the answer. Doesn't matter the question.

So this happened during my round yesterday......I was the 2nd group out after a charity scramble. They left the closest to the pin markers out on course...yep I would have won on this par 3. And in true B100 fashion, I two putted. All in all I had a great round. 48/46. (par 71) with 5 pars and only one 7 & 8. That 8 hurt as I was sitting at an even 40 going into nine, after absorbing that 7.

IMG_7119.jpg

The past 3 weeks have been brutal for me. Shot 99 one week, 96 the next, 95 the week after that (unfortunately the last weekend our course was open). I guess the positive is that it was trending down to a little less suck but, now I'm shut down until the Unofficial Arizona Golf outing (almost a month away). Ugh that is going to be some ugly f***ing golf on a tough track, for me.

Ugh that is going to be some ugly f***ing golf on a tough track, for me.

As I was walking off 18 yesterday, I said to my partners: "As long as you're smiling, it's good golf".

The past 3 weeks have been brutal for me. Shot 99 one week, 96 the next, 95 the week after that (unfortunately the last weekend our course was open). I guess the positive is that it was trending down to a little less suck but, now I'm shut down until the Unofficial Arizona Golf outing (almost a month away). Ugh that is going to be some ugly f***ing golf on a tough track, for me.
Junior!!

Playing in a tournament on Friday with my wife and some guys from work. My golf whisperer (guy I talk golf with almost every day) will be playing with us and he has a 5.3 HC. I hope we can keep it fun for him as it is not a scramble and he just might win.

It seems to be on and off season at the moment, I'm taking half day off tomorrow and booked 18. I'm going out in the true B100 and waddaplay way, packing only 4h, 6i, 8i, Pw, 56* and putter. Keep it simple, keep it in play and enjoy chilly morning round.

Haven’t played for a couple weeks. Actually haven’t even really thought much about anything golf related because works been busy. I may try to play this weekend. Tweaked my back about a week ago so that’s played into it. No sense in thinking about swinging a club if I can’t physically do it. This getting old **** sucks.

On a positive note I have a fitting scheduled at CC at the end of December. I just hope I have a half decent swing with me during it. I would hate to drive two hours and not be able to hit the ball and waste my time and theirs

Haven’t played for a couple weeks. Actually haven’t even really thought much about anything golf related because works been busy. I may try to play this weekend. Tweaked my back about a week ago so that’s played into it. No sense in thinking about swinging a club if I can’t physically do it. This getting old **** sucks.

On a positive note I have a fitting scheduled at CC at the end of December. I just hope I have a half decent swing with me during it. I would hate to drive two hours and not be able to hit the ball and waste my time and theirs

Take care of your back. I had an iron fitting last winter and it worked out well. There’s something about having sticks set up to maximize your abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I've ever been more discouraged with my game. Went out to play today and it was so horrific I stopped keeping score after 6 holes. With the pressure of scoring off, I figured I'd loosen up a bit and just hit some decent shots here and there. Nope. Not even close. I've lost my swing. Every single bit of it and I have no idea what to do. Pushes, pulls, slices (and I never slice), hooks, shanks. The whole f***ing gammut. To top it off, I've suddenly forgotten how to putt. I can ALWAYS count on the putter. Today, it just felt foreign in my hands. So discouraging. I'm not sure I've wanted to quit the game so much in my life as I do right now. :mad:

Not sure I've ever been more discouraged with my game. Went out to play today and it was so horrific I stopped keeping score after 6 holes. With the pressure of scoring off, I figured I'd loosen up a bit and just hit some decent shots here and there. Nope. Not even close. I've lost my swing. Every single bit of it and I have no idea what to do. Pushes, pulls, slices (and I never slice), hooks, shanks. The whole f***ing gammut. To top it off, I've suddenly forgotten how to putt. I can ALWAYS count on the putter. Today, it just felt foreign in my hands. So discouraging. I'm not sure I've wanted to quit the game so much in my life as I do right now. :mad:

That sucks man, I’ve been there. The only advice I can give is play safe golf for awhile. Just keep the ball in front of you even if all you’re hitting is 7i’s & wedges. It’ll come back

That sucks man, I’ve been there. The only advice I can give is play safe golf for awhile. Just keep the ball in front of you even if all you’re hitting is 7i’s & wedges. It’ll come back
That's just it. I could even hit my 8 iron today (let alone the 7). I pushed every short club and pulled every long one and if I didn't push or pull (trying to correct) I straight up shanked it. Ugh, this suck s so bad. I want to get it out of my system and I don't know when I'll get to play or practice again. Thanks for the encouragement though, my friend. It sucks to be here but it helps to know that (I think) we've all been there. Such a downer of a day.

Try to step back and take a breath. Golf isn’t a fair game. There are too many things that need to line up reasonably well to make it work. I’ve been going through a bad swing/timing streak myself (just ask DG. She saw it first hand). Yeah, it sucks - even embarrassing at times - but life goes on. Next time might or might not be the game of your life, but keep on swinging. Enjoy the good and forget the rest. #liveoverpar

Next time out, don't even keep score. Make sure on the way to the course you listen to something that really relaxes you and settles your mind. Then just go and play, have fun.
Everyone of us has bad days on the course, don't let it effect you. I know that sounds patronizing, but laugh at it and play the next shot or hole.
You have some game and it will come around. (y)

I’ve been there. Just hit two on your shots and move to an area to practice instead of some horrificly penslizing location your miss put you in. Practice a shot that’s a near miss instead of a horrible miss.

I did that and it got me smiling on that round. The swing cane back eventually.

It seems to be on and off season at the moment, I'm taking half day off tomorrow and booked 18. I'm going out in the true B100 and waddaplay way, packing only 4h, 6i, 8i, Pw, 56* and putter. Keep it simple, keep it in play and enjoy chilly morning round.

Blaah, temperature dropped suddenly and course was frozen. On and off, as I said :)

That's just it. I could even hit my 8 iron today (let alone the 7). I pushed every short club and pulled every long one and if I didn't push or pull (trying to correct) I straight up shanked it. Ugh, this suck s so bad. I want to get it out of my system and I don't know when I'll get to play or practice again. Thanks for the encouragement though, my friend. It sucks to be here but it helps to know that (I think) we've all been there. Such a downer of a day.
Peaks and troughs, old boy. I know it's hard, but try and keep some perspective. It's a game, treat it as such.

You're in a trough right now, and when you're on a peak, you'll look back at yourself and think "who the hell was that bloke?"

There is nothing worse than not knowing when that bad streak is going to end!

Have you been playing a lot recently? If so, maybe have a couple weeks of not touching the clubs or thinking of golf and give your mind a chance to completely reset - last time I played was 20th October and I shot a 74 and won the club competition, but I haven't lifted a club since then due to the weather and I will have zero expectation on my swing because of how long it is since I played

Ironically, I often find I play better after having a long time off as I have no pressure of expecting a good round and end up swinging freely

Hainault Upper, Sunday, 08.08 booked (y)

Very hilly, and we've had loads of rain - going to be a proper slog?

#mudyomp #thankyousirmayihaveanother

No chance of that here....my course was open yesterday but only 10 holes, and is closed again today as we had a lot of rain overnight that has just piled on top of what water was already there. I can tell the greens staff are frustrated that they can't do any work to get the course open, but it has just been silly with how much rain we have had over the last few weeks

Don't you think there are just days when we're off far worse than usual? That it wouldn't matter how good our mechanics were, that even if we were single-digit golfers those days would occur and without any rhyme or reason.

It didn't take long for me to realize that an unusually good round was not a permanent change. It was just exactly that... an unusually good round, that whatever the $#%^ it is that controls hand-eye coordination was better than normal.

I'm just now learning to apply the same logic to rounds like you've described, where every part of my game was light years away from being ok.

You didn't suddenly get bad at everything, it was just a case of "being off". There really isn't much that separates a good shot from a bad one.

I feel your pain, though. I just went through an entire season made up almost entirely of worse than usual golf.

Being an avid bowler I can certainly relate a case of the slumps with you @robrandalgz

The slumps seemingly come out of nowhere and it seems you have lost everything you have learned about the game and the simplest things have done a full 180 on you. My advice for getting out of slumps is just getting back to basics. Slow yourself down, get your swing right, it will all come back to you soon enough.

We have all been there when nothing goes right, but just wait, all of a sudden it will be back!! :cool:(y)?

Back