Trying to Break 100

I still remember the waitress going “You want what??” when I made my dinner request In Tennessee.

Long way from shooting 100 today. 113 at Whittier Narrows. First time playing there with my buddy Lihu. At 6,600+ yards it was long for me, plus it was really cold. So my ball was just not traveling.

No excuses, I need to just work on my long game.

a95d403383b9671ced7ec416007fa82c.jpg
73fe2836a391fd2ce65d7056a1a6861f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

only got 7 in before it got dark...not terrible but I had a couple of holes i'd like to forget.

Daze hit some nice shots today, as did I. I caused him to get all hepped up and out of his game when I got to talking about politics. I take the mea culpa for that. We talked about the group here and how you are all villains. A totally irredeemable group of scalawags. And how I neeeeeeeeeeed new clubs.

i did crush a majestic drive that went 160. Ma. Jest. Ic.

Long way from shooting 100 today. 113 at Whittier Narrows. First time playing there with my buddy Lihu. At 6,600+ yards it was long for me, plus it was really cold. So my ball was just not traveling.

No excuses, I need to just work on my long game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless you hit it a long way 6600+ is really long even when not factoring the cold. Maybe move up a tee next time? Regardless of score it's fun to get out with friends to golf.

Dave

Did anyone buy anything for Black Friday?

I'm getting rid of some of my equipment backlog and used part of it to pick up Steelhead XR irons at Dick's for $299. If I don't get any distance benefit out of these there's no hope beyond lessons, getting stronger, and more flexible.

Dave

Did anyone buy anything for Black Friday?

I'm getting rid of some of my equipment backlog and used part of it to pick up Steelhead XR irons at Dick's for $299. If I don't get any distance benefit out of these there's no hope beyond lessons, getting stronger, and more flexible.

Dave

grabbed 4 dozen z-stars and a garmin approach g80.

Unless you hit it a long way 6600+ is really long even when not factoring the cold. Maybe move up a tee next time? Regardless of score it's fun to get out with friends to golf.

Dave

It was definitely fun. Wide open fairways with little or no trouble. Walking with my push cart was no problem, even at that length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First dry round in 2 weeks. Started off great, then the doubles and triples started rolling in. Ended with 48/51, just broke 100.

Wanted say a huge “Thank you!” to dazeedmonds. Had two great rounds with him, and one with his buddy Dave today. Tons of laughs, tons of fun, a great time. Will be returning to N Carolina play again, without a doubt.

Wanted say a huge “Thank you!” to dazeedmonds. Had two great rounds with him, and one with his buddy Dave today. Tons of laughs, tons of fun, a great time. Will be returning to N Carolina play again, without a doubt.
Glad you made it out dude! It was a pleasure to get a few rounds in with you, can’t wait to tee it up again.

this wasn't as bad as I thought...hit on to the left of the green. chipped to 15-20ft of the hole...2 putted :cautious:
index.php

the srixons were put away anytime there was water in the way :rolleyes::cautious:
index.php

Glad to see some of you out and golfing this weekend.

Glad to see some of you out and golfing this weekend.

i didn't necessarily shoot better but I made some good shots that gave me hope for improvement :cool:

fairly certain this has been asked before but do you keep score EVERY time you go out? I know you'd need to in order to have tangible proof you're getting better but I find that if I don't keep score all the time, I shoot better...:/

fairly certain this has been asked before but do you keep score EVERY time you go out? I know you'd need to in order to have tangible proof you're getting better but I find that if I don't keep score all the time, I shoot better...:/
I always keep score for just that reason, but I use my watch, so it is easy. My wife, she hardly ever keeps score as she still has a long way to go, but improving.

although my chipping is getting better, I am contemplating putting a chipper in my bag...not sure I want that "stigma" but if it works, it works.

although my chipping is getting better, I am contemplating putting a chipper in my bag...not sure I want that "stigma" but if it works, it works.
I actually gamed the Odyssey chipper for a while. It was solid and helped me get the ball on the green and close to the hole. It’s a bit single use, and I think almost any one can learn to chip with a 7iron instead.

Have you thought about taking a short game lesson? It did wonders for my game last year. Just a thought.

Have you thought about taking a short game lesson? It did wonders for my game last year. Just a thought.

at this point in learning the game, it's almost overwhelming how much there is to practice...I am looking for an instructor now, tho.

I actually gamed the Odyssey chipper for a while. It was solid and helped me get the ball on the green and close to the hole. It’s a bit single use, and I think almost any one can learn to chip with a 7iron instead.

i did find the thread where someone mentioned using a 9i and i have seen a lot of improvement using my 9i...

I will be watching and re-watching this...thank you
The other thing you can do is find a club you are comfortable with and have confidence in and use it around the green most times. I prefer my 50° wedge, but there are times I have to use other clubs. You will learn when those times are.

Back