Trying to Break 100

The other thing you can do is find a club you are comfortable with and have confidence in and use it around the green most times. I prefer my 50° wedge, but there are times I have to use other clubs. You will learn when those times are.

that's the 9i for me

@Snickerdog I want to love my 53 trusty rusty but I just can't use it well enough...I can chip/pitch the 9i with a modicum of success but the LW just escapes me :/

fairly certain this has been asked before but do you keep score EVERY time you go out? I know you'd need to in order to have tangible proof you're getting better but I find that if I don't keep score all the time, I shoot better...:/
I keep score and stats with my shot scope. Since I’m a stat geek, it‘s a way for me to assess performance positives and negative.

The other thing you can do is find a club you are comfortable with and have confidence in and use it around the green most times. I prefer my 50° wedge, but there are times I have to use other clubs. You will learn when those times are.
Being old school, I use a 7I around the flatter edges of the green, that are out of putter range. Otherwise a PW, though I’ve tried a 60* as well.

I keep score and stats with my shot scope. Since I’m a stat geek, it‘s a way for me to assess performance positives and negative.

I've always been torn between hard stats and feel...

I let ShotScope do all the work too. I usually wait until I get home to download it to my phone to see my score. I love all the data, especially as I slowly improve. Having my club distances recorded helps me with my club selection.

This book was written by my instructor’s boss. ive also been to two of Todd’s Scoring Zone sessions. I’m seeing definite improvement from 100 yds in.

A5926E9C-2F34-481E-A6BC-F990730DF5D0.jpeg

I do keep my scores with the TM myroundpro...I don't know if it's my phone but the gps is slow to update...but the data it provides is pretty astounding (to a new guy)...i'm hoping the garmin approach g80 is more responsive when it comes to the gps side.

I've always been torn between hard stats and feel...
They both have their place. I like “feels” too, because I want to leave my head clear of thoughts when I hit the ball - just like I do at staff meetings... :laughing:

They both have their place. I like “feels” too, because I want to leave my head clear of thoughts when I hit the ball - just like I do at staff meetings... :laughing:

something I don't miss...

I will be watching and re-watching this...thank you
It’s really good! I used this method for a while as well.

yeah, I’ve tried a bunch of different things. ??

Good morning peeps!!! Lots going on today. ?

I think it should be pretty fun!!! Might even get a couple rounds of golf in ?

I think it should be pretty fun!!! Might even get a couple rounds of golf in ?

Not at all jealous here about to leave the office for a meeting and full of cold - part of me is kinda pleased I am not on that trip with how I feel right now

fairly certain this has been asked before but do you keep score EVERY time you go out? I know you'd need to in order to have tangible proof you're getting better but I find that if I don't keep score all the time, I shoot better...:/
Nope. I've given up scoring.

Nope. I've given up scoring.

I was contemplating going out to play a round without scoring....but I want my hitting stats...which would basically put me back into scoring :/

When you say that you shoot better not keeping score, that suggests you are putting more pressure on yourself

When you keep score, do you add up your scores after each hole / each 9 / etc? Looking at where you are in relation to your handicap or par can lead to increased stress trying to make up for a bad hole
I often just write the score down for each hole and try to forget about it when stood on the next tee and just take each hole as it comes, although being a single figure handicap I will likely have a fair idea of where I am in relation to par, but I do find that when I ignore the scorecard as much as possible I can shoot much better scores

As I play in competitions, I need to record my score, so the more I become used to the pressure of having a scorecard the easier it becomes, and that may be the only way you can overcome your current 'fear' of keeping score

I was contemplating going out to play a round without scoring....but I want my hitting stats...which would basically put me back into scoring :/

Or you can be like me, with others around...

90175514316a2d99c3fc81f8c587d27c.jpg

#liveoverpar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping to get out for a couple rounds this weekend. HAven't played in a few weeks now. Just hope any chance of rain stays out of the forecast. (y)

Got out with my group today. Cold (40's) windy (20-40) course still wet from weekend rain. Started slow, finished better. 52/47. Still an improvement.

Back