Trying to Break 100

Purple sparkles in honor of Prince?

2712d82437fcdc0fb8175f510934cff7.jpg

I could call it Darling Nikki...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be a perma-limpet when my one piece of good advice works out so well.

It's an orgy of self congratulation. (y)
Be proud, my son, be proud.

Dumping rain here. Looks like a dome day. Really at a conundrum. Do I keep trying to improve the half-swing that had me hitting some nice balls last weekend or do I just play SW games at the targets?

I‘m looking forward to tomorrow’s appointment with the fitter/teacher, but, if he does his fitting and says the perfect club for me are Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metals, I may indeed die from my skull exploding in rage.

I’m quite tempted to tell him to say, no matter what the results, that Ping G20s “are the perfect club for you right now.”

Ah, well, enough morning musings, off to breakfast, then the dome.

Dumping rain here. Looks like a dome day. Really at a conundrum. Do I keep trying to improve the half-swing that had me hitting some nice balls last weekend or do I just play SW games at the targets?

I‘m looking forward to tomorrow’s appointment with the fitter/teacher, but, if he does his fitting and says the perfect club for me are Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metals, I may indeed die from my skull exploding in rage.

I’m quite tempted to tell him to say, no matter what the results, that Ping G20s “are the perfect club for you right now.”

Ah, well, enough morning musings, off to breakfast, then the dome.
Just go in open minded and have fun. And if he does say the Hot Metals are best right now, just find @Grins and you can hit the ones I sold him. :)

The round was pretty much over when I started out 7-6-7 before getting a birdie 2 on #4. Then it was back to normal.

One of my goals for 2020 is to finally break 100 at Willowick, so I chalk this one up to “research”.

The only clubs I hit well all day were driver and 5 iron. Everything else was a crap shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gonna try and head out in a bit...probably gonna be a little soggy but practice is practice.

The round was pretty much over when I started out 7-6-7 before getting a birdie 2 on #4. Then it was back to normal.

One of my goals for 2020 is to finally break 100 at Willowick, so I chalk this one up to “research”.

The only clubs I hit well all day were driver and 5 iron. Everything else was a crap shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You’ll get it, I have no doubts.

Basically just hit the course... Worked on hitting fairways, hitting that LW... Felt good. If I woulda scored it, wouldn't have broken 100 but it was close... A fun round, tho.

Two good days at the Dome.

Went yesterday after doctor appt. Hit 100 balls, mostly using my SC200’s approach “game.” Then went through the entire bag after that. Then spent 45 mins on the great putting green. Great undulations and speed changes.

Today I went for a lesson after the chiropractor. Hit for a half hour, then my wife spent most of the hour I was in my lessons, working on her game.

We worked on putting speed and chipping techniques. Ironed out some quirks in my chipping and learned some new tips for putting.

A great two days at the indoor range!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two rainouts, but the temperature is holding steady in the 50's. Looks like next week will be good for playing, even if the fairways are a little damp. GHIN out today with one stroke down. Interesting concept: they also show what it would be under the new system (Starting in January) and it is almost a full stroke higher. I guess it is the extra 4%.
Anyway, ready to work on lowering some more.

Ugh. Was hoping to get out this weekend. Temperatures have been great (mid to low 50s) but 25-30 mph sustained winds with 55-60 mph gusts make it a nope. Bummer.

High in the upper 60's today...nice day to get out for a round :cool:

Played Friday and the front 9 was a record pace for me, one blowout hole which raised me to a 50, but two pars. Then the back 9. What the heck happened? Total collapse. Oh well, many positives to take from this round. My driver was spot on with my new swing, but the irons fell apart. I at one point was on the green on a par 5 in 3, with a 5 foot putt for birdie. Guess what, 3 putted!!! I bought two Cobra OL F9 clubs, a 4 and 5, and hit them ok, but the heavier weight seemed to negate the seven iron length advantage. I need to practice with them more before I place them next to my other 20 forgotten clubs I tried.

You know I said I was done for the year? Got a chance for a sneaky 18 today, and I'm glad we did. 43+46=89. 36 points off 17. 7.24 am tee off time, was nearly pitch black on the first. By the 3rd, it was normal early morning light. Got round in under 3 hours, and was home before 11.00 am (y)

sneaked a peek at my xmas gift from the wife (only a little ashamed of this)...

WORK ON YOUR SHORT GAME!

Back