Trying to Break 100

Had a so-so day at the dome yesterday. I think I was thinking too much, and the old swing was tying to reassert itself over the new swing. Fitting is this weekend, but I am doubting I go with new sticks. I'll just have him tweak my Pings to as close to ideal as possible.

Had a so-so day at the dome yesterday. I think I was thinking too much, and the old swing was tying to reassert itself over the new swing. Fitting is this weekend, but I am doubting I go with new sticks. I'll just have him tweak my Pings to as close to ideal as possible.

db9ffa32411a3a401639a972eb3d862c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a Recoil ES 440 shaft for my GBB from CPO last night. My BB hybrids have Recoils, which I like.

I have a SC Newport Beach with @Space Bandito to work his magic on...

d111fa1d9bdea2d30e5156da5cc7f210.jpg

fd7495bc305519fa7d0fcc8e2204ef35.jpg

02ab94f45b0aa42f3553e9f8b6809676.jpg

3839b70801f32dad16daa7548dbe97ce.jpg

I plan to have him polish up the entire head, then bead blast or PVD the top and back side, while leaving the face and soul polished.

I’d like to have the cavity look like this...

ea85c2a6eb92406382d107e0260039dd.jpg

And the sole look this, sans black color...

16d0035662ab02f03073c5b1d4fc4b89.jpg

I can’t wait to see how it comes out!

The one with the water in front/left, correct?
No, this was the longish par three, with the cart path that will try to drown you and break your neck.

I ordered a Recoil ES 440 shaft for my GBB from CPO last night. My BB hybrids have Recoils, which I like.

I have a SC Newport Beach with @Space Bandito to work his magic on...

d111fa1d9bdea2d30e5156da5cc7f210.jpg

fd7495bc305519fa7d0fcc8e2204ef35.jpg

02ab94f45b0aa42f3553e9f8b6809676.jpg

3839b70801f32dad16daa7548dbe97ce.jpg

I plan to have him polish up the entire head, then bead blast or PVD the top and back side, while leaving the face and soul polished.

I’d like to have the cavity look like this...

ea85c2a6eb92406382d107e0260039dd.jpg

And the sole look this, sans black color...

16d0035662ab02f03073c5b1d4fc4b89.jpg

I can’t wait to see how it comes out!

Very cool! Have seen a couple putters that he was done for other THP'ers, great work.

played 11 before it got dark...score card said 52...i'll take that. the tee shots stayed in play (for the most part)...hit some nice, long irons for second shots. putting was actually decent...one of those rounds where you may not have scored well but struck the ball good.

hit a nice 3i shot just over the tree, under the middle con trail, almost 180 yds

index.php

Hope all of you have a great new year and break 100 many times this year. Can definitely see quite a few breaking 90 this year.
@Golf Dawg can't wait to see how the putter turns out.

Going out for 18 at noon+30 (wife has a hair appointment in the morning) and I am thinking of keeping my driver in the bag and just teeing off with the 3 wood. Way more accurate with that club, but I only give up 20 yards, so I will give it a go.

no breaking 100 on a new course today...the first 4 holes, I actually played pretty well...+1...then I got sloppy and started losing balls in the rough (mostly from being stubborn and taking second shots on the bad ones since I was the only one out there for the front 9)...long course. i'll work on my game a bit more before coming back. it was fun....but lesson learned. I am LOVING these TE HL4 iron-woods.

Last edited:
Going out for 18 at noon+30 (wife has a hair appointment in the morning) and I am thinking of keeping my driver in the bag and just teeing off with the 3 wood. Way more accurate with that club, but I only give up 20 yards, so I will give it a go.
Holy crap, holy crap. Left the driver in the bag all day and guess what? Not only did I break 100, I smashed it. Shot a 92 with 4 pars. My lowest ever. Boy am I happy. Thanks for the encouragement and support from this thread. (y)

Holy crap, holy crap. Left the driver in the bag all day and guess what? Not only did I break 100, I smashed it. Shot a 92 with 4 pars. My lowest ever. Boy am I happy. Thanks for the encouragement and support from this thread. (y)
That is awesome!!!!! Congratulations

Awesome! Keep it up, man!
And I’m jealous that you’re actually playing. I’m dying to make some swings outside

Awesome round. We all chase that white ball around the course for these types of days.

Wow, that's huge. I'm going to take it little further and take only irons to the course.

I spent an hour today at the dome. I had only my irons, Utility 2/3, TM 4, 6, 8 and PW. I realized that lately I have been spending too much time practicing 5w and hybrids i.e. my long clubs. I hit them quite well.

I was curious to see how well I can hit especially the uti and 4I. I hit them very well as long as I remembered to swing smoothly so at least they work at perfect training aid :) the dome is too short to determine how long I hit them but I pured most of the shots.

Now I have three months to hone my iron skills before season start. I have strong feeling that I can shave several strokes leaving driver, fw and hybrids home. Irons are just so much more consistent for me.

Awesome. That’s good to see. More consistency with that one and then bring driver back in to play ?

Wow, that's huge. I'm going to take it little further and take only irons to the course.
That would actually be a lot of fun. As long as you have some lower lofted ones in the bag ?

That would actually be a lot of fun. As long as you have some lower lofted ones in the bag ?
My 4 iron is 23* and the Uti is dialed in 19.5*. So pretty low for high capper :)

I wouldn't be surprised to fall in here tomorrow - first time out on the course since October and my back issues and I will be carrying as well due to the recent weather

I will just be happy to be out on the course after everything and am not too bothered about my score considering the last couple months

played another new course today...only got 10 in because I can't wait for slow play...finish 14 over...was pretty happy with it. the driver was alive and well. didn't hit all the fairways but only 2 were way off...and I managed a few 250+ yard drives...not sure if it was working on the stance or dropping the loft down on the M2. I cannot say it enough about the HL4 and Cleveland irons....I LOVE THEM. I was thinking about grabbing a set of CBXs but I'm re-thinking that....maybe just play these as long as I can muzzle the gear ***** in me and enjoy them.

normally, houses along the fairway bother me...not today :)
index.php

managed a 143yd shot with the 9i to get on in 2

index.php

Ended the old year with 9 holes at my local course. Really windy and it was hard to find my ball with all the leaves on the fairway. Not my best round. New Year's Day played 18. Scored 106, closing in on 100. Friday 18 on the executive course, over shot a couple of greens using my irons. I think it might be time to move back a tee box on this course.

Back