Trying to Break 100

nice weather today did not translate to my round :/...but it's always nice to get a round in.
There’s another round tomorrow!

Shot 35 on my local par 29 nine hole course. And that included 4 three putts. Damn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

36 holes in 3 consecutive days 9-9-18. And I plan to play tomorrow and Monday as well. Hopefully I don’t burn out.

I missed way too many easy putts today and still shot 37/37 - 74 on the par 59 Newport Beach course. My putter is usually my best club, but not today.

Got a round in today. Arrived At the course and started my Arccos app up to get the round going and then realized that after I installed my new grips on my clubs last weekend, I didn't reinstall the sensors :LOL::dohanim:

Shot 51 front 9 with a couple blow up holes Driving was really good today. The Taylormade M6 I got recently is working pretty well. Several 250 yard drives smack dab in middle of fairway...making some progress.

Back 9 was much better with a 44. Had 4 pars on the back. And again, drives were putting me in good position with more fairways hit than I usually hit.

Think I definitely have a new favorite fairway wood with my Ping G410 SFT club that I won here on THP! Had multiple par 5 holes where after my drives, hitting the 5 wood put me in really good shape close to the greens in 2.

36 holes in 3 consecutive days 9-9-18. And I plan to play tomorrow and Monday as well. Hopefully I don’t burn out.

I missed way too many easy putts today and still shot 37/37 - 74 on the par 59 Newport Beach course. My putter is usually my best club, but not today.

New putter time!

46 degrees this morning at tee time, but it was up to the 60's when we finished. 18 holes on the executive course. Good drives, so so pitches and putting sucked. My pitching and chipping used to be my strong point, but lately I've been blading my wedges. Back to the Par 3 on Monday to see if I can work this out.

Nope. That putter is $$. I think it was all on me today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its never you, it’s always the clubs.

A chilly nine today. Took the Cobras out to give them another honest go, and the results were mixed. Hit about 20% nice shots, about 60% ok, and 20% poorly. They seemed to require me to use a different, much more sweeping type of swing. Still not feeling them. Gonna stay with the G20s, I think.

46 degrees this morning at tee time, but it was up to the 60's when we finished. 18 holes on the executive course. Good drives, so so pitches and putting sucked. My pitching and chipping used to be my strong point, but lately I've been blading my wedges. Back to the Par 3 on Monday to see if I can work this out.

Just a bump in the road, you can work that out easy. Make sure you aren't lifting up.

my problem is getting what i'm doing on the range to work on the course :/...doesn't make it any less fun out there but it would be nice to see that good range prep translate into lower scores ;)

Just a bump in the road, you can work that out easy. Make sure you aren't lifting up.
One thing I have recently discovered about my chipping is I don’t need to take anywhere as near a large of a backswing as I used to think I needed.. I’ve reduced my “inside 50 yards” backswing drastically, and it has given me much more consistency.

my problem is getting what i'm doing on the range to work on the course :/...doesn't make it any less fun out there but it would be nice to see that good range prep translate into lower scores ;)
Do you hit off grass at the range? I hardly go to the range anymore, outside of the dome during the hard winter months. I’d much rather pay the same as a big bucket of balls and play nine on one of the local executive/short courses around.

Do you hit off grass at the range? I hardly go to the range anymore, outside of the dome during the hard winter months. I’d much rather pay the same as a big bucket of balls and play nine on one of the local executive/short courses around.

at one course, on grass...the other, on mat (while the re-plant). usually just buy a small bucket to work through a few clubs...

Consider “practicing“ while playing a round. Golf/Vision54 advocates it rather than the “scrape & hit” on the range. My handicap improved 10 points in 2018 spending more time on the course than the range. Unfortunately I backslid a couple of points this year from health issues and the inability to get out much.

By playing, you have “real experiences” on the course that you retain better with brain and muscle memory. Plus it’s more fun/beneficial to have varied targets and use different clubs, rather than hitting the same club over and over. If you can get out this winter, do it. We “domers” in the north are stuck indoors through the winter...

...If you can get out this winter, do it. We “domers” in the north are stuck indoors through the winter...

sounds like a plan...I normally play alone so I get through pretty fast and wind up waiting for 2/3somes to get through so I putt while waiting...

Consider “practicing“ while playing a round. Golf/Vision54 advocates it rather than the “scrape & hit” on the range. My handicap improved 10 points in 2018 spending more time on the course than the range. Unfortunately I backslid a couple of points this year from health issues and the inability to get out much.

By playing, you have “real experiences” on the course that you retain better with brain and muscle memory. Plus it’s more fun/beneficial to have varied targets and use different clubs, rather than hitting the same club over and over. If you can get out this winter, do it. We “domers” in the north are stuck indoors through the winter...

I have to concur. My playing improved considerably this year when I started playing 9 hole practice rounds instead of going to the range.

Good morning everyone!!! Hope everyone can get out and play today, tee time is 830 for me.

Absolutely agree. After I got my new to me set of Rogue irons a few weeks ago and some range time, I was completely second guessing my upgrade. Was not hitting very well that day at all.

Out on course for a round the following weekend, they are an awesome upgrade.

I would rather play a round than spend too much time on the range.

shot a 37 on par 29, 9 hole today...for me, that's fantastic :/...last couple of times that i've played that course, 45-47 :/

Had a fun chilly round this morning. Good practice and prep for the upcoming event. Hope everyone got some rounds our practice in.

Well, payed the same round today as yesterday. Different course, lots shorter, different clubs, G20s, same results.

I stink.

I only got in 10 holes on the Navy 9 today. Started really early but when I got to the “back” nine it was backed up. I tried to squeeze in but by hole 11 it was really backed up. So I packed it in.

After playing for a 4th day in a row I was pretty much out of gas anyway.

Last edited:
Just woke up an hour ago what did I miss?

Back