Trying to break 70 club?

2nd time breaking 70 tonight. Shot my PB round of 65 (-5)

I have never played as well as I did tonight, everything to clicked. When I missed a fairway I had a decent lie in the rough. Got very lucky with 1 tee shot on the Par 5 12th, it was heading OOB but clattered the trees and bounced back into play. Made a birdie too

I love this game

2nd time breaking 70 tonight. Shot my PB round of 65 (-5)

I have never played as well as I did tonight, everything to clicked. When I missed a fairway I had a decent lie in the rough. Got very lucky with 1 tee shot on the Par 5 12th, it was heading OOB but clattered the trees and bounced back into play. Made a birdie too

I love this game
Way to play!!

That's an awesome round. Real good play and a good break or two and great things can happen! Congrats on the PB!

Way to play!!

That's an awesome round. Real good play and a good break or two and great things can happen! Congrats on the PB!

Thanks, no where near your level though.

I am going and playing that course again for sure, could have been even lower but the last few holes were played in almost darkness, so couldn't see the line of the putts

Can't complain though, still buzzing from the round

Thanks, no where near your level though.

I am going and playing that course again for sure, could have been even lower but the last few holes were played in almost darkness, so couldn't see the line of the putts

Can't complain though, still buzzing from the round
Love that buzz! Anyone who can shoot -5 is on all the levels. (y)

Been close last few months and was at it again this weekend w/ @mikeg_74 down in Houston this weekend. Loved the course Mike! Thanks again for everything buddy!
View attachment 9013825

4 birdies in a row had you well on your way to breaking 70. I think the local knowledge and my "greller" impersonation was the reason.

Since I've been mostly out of the country over the past 5 years, I don't play golf as much as I'd like. That said, I feel like I've made some pretty major improvements in my swing that I'd like to see come together for a new PB (my PB is 68, but I've shot that 5 times).

I'd say that iron play and proximity on approach shots is where I'd need to improve to be on a sub-70 watch more often.

I've shot a 2 under on a 9 hole course before. It is a narrow course and I pulled it off by largely keeping the ball in the play off the tee. It is narrow but short enough I could hit 5 or 6 iron off the tee and have a 9 iron or less in. 2 putt for par and at worse I would be just off the green to pitch on. For normal length courses, for me, it is finding the best way to hit greens. What club off the tee will give me 150 or closer in? How big is the green? I have come close but still not pulled it off on an 18 hole course.

Was -2 through 6 then E after 11 but couldn’t quite get it back in the end. Still in sniffing range though.

Planning on dipping down in there this afternoon. Just need some putts to fall. Rest of the game is there.

Back