Trying to break 70 club?

congrats @WMac19!! Quite a feat, sir!
Thanks!

Tomorrow's round will be my first opportunity to crash back to reality.

...or maybe not (a guy can dream!!!).

I knocked on the door yesterday for the first time and I don’t know how long. I birdied #17 to get me to -3 and then I snap hooked my drive OB on 18. Double bogey to finish at 71. Ugh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep it up!!! it will happen!!!

at what point were you thinking about the shot that went OB?

I have one hole, one shot, that gets in my head, and I start thinking about it before the round sometimes...

keep it up!!! it will happen!!!

at what point were you thinking about the shot that went OB?

I have one hole, one shot, that gets in my head, and I start thinking about it before the round sometimes...

Honestly, I wasn’t. I was probably to lax on my shot. I didn’t think of a shot. Just stepped up on the box and hit.

My re-tee shot was a bomb down the middle.

Honestly, I wasn’t. I was probably to lax on my shot. I didn’t think of a shot. Just stepped up on the box and hit.

My re-tee shot was a bomb down the middle.

taht is great!!! I lose just as many shots for not having a target as I do focusing on the wrong thing...(protecting score, Dinner, work, etc.)

72 two times today.

Ugh. Some absurd breaks during both rounds, but, it is what it is.

Trying to break 70 club?

taht is great!!! I lose just as many shots for not having a target as I do focusing on the wrong thing...(protecting score, Dinner, work, etc.)

Kind of the opposite for me. I am notorious for shooting 3-4 over on the front nine and backing it up with 2-3 under.

Kind of the opposite for me. I am notorious for shooting 3-4 over on the front nine and backing it up with 2-3 under.

What I meant was I am attention distracted :)

I used to get nervous about protecting score, but trained myself to ignore it, and now being hungry might distract me more :) or work...ok, mostly it is work :)

I struggle with projecting score too. I'm better than I used to be with it, but I still struggle with getting ahead of myself

I finally was able to play again and I backed up a -1 with +4. Putter has been really great the last few months and I know a round in the 60s is well within reach.

I always play better on nice, tougher courses and I played on my home course yesterday (which is junk)

It was feast or famine for me today. A double and 4 bogies were no match to my eagle and 6 birdies. -2 69 at my home course this morning.

I broke 70........once, but it was on a par 69 course, so it probably doesn't count.

Bogeyed #18 for a 70 today. Almost!

Played a par 70 in a tournament today and shot 73. I was 1 under after 13 but fell apart down the stretch. I'll get another chance tomorrow

78 the last 2 rounds after being even par after 9 (and then some).

Playing again Thursday so I’m going to work to tighten up a few things before then.

I've shot lower than 70 many times but not very recently. Last Tuesday was my best chance in a while. I had a HIO on the front and 4 birdies on the back through 17 and stood -4 for the day on 18 tee. Then I go and double bogey 18 with a three putt to shoot 70!

-4 after 6 holes and shot 75:banghead:

A day after blowing up on Sunday with an 84, I go out and shoot 70 yesterday. Had a 15 footer for birdie and a 69 on 18 but burned the edge.

Did this on the weekend... 4 under through 5 and 3 under after 10. Can’t remember all the screw ups but know I was one under on 13 and had a lovely snowman. Finished 5 over for a 77. Went out the following day and had a 73. Crazy thing is I was level on 13 and so much happier than the day before even though I was one under. No mental game I guess.

Forgot to post this in here. FINALLY did it yesterday after the MONUMENTAL collapse the prior day (31 on front... And 40 on back after almost killing a maintenance worker). Shot 33/36=69(-3)

Lots of close calls on this course this summer, finally did it though. Time to move it back a set when I play there now.
78da1a7847ffe53143627a86dd0f6c87.jpg

Really disappointed with the ending to my round yesterday. Got it to 1-under after an eagle on the 10th. I was still even after 14 and ended up with a 79. Just couldn’t catch a break.

Super short par-3 at 115 yds, hit it fat and never cleared the brush. Then on the next par-5, my short game simply fell apart for a triple bogey.

Ugh. I’m so close, I know it. Swing feels great, putting is solid, just need to piece it all together.

Forgot to post this in here. FINALLY did it yesterday after the MONUMENTAL collapse the prior day (31 on front... And 40 on back after almost killing a maintenance worker). Shot 33/36=69(-3)

Lots of close calls on this course this summer, finally did it though. Time to move it back a set when I play there now.
78da1a7847ffe53143627a86dd0f6c87.jpg

The 26 putts is very impressive. Way to go James!!!

Really disappointed with the ending to my round yesterday. Got it to 1-under after an eagle on the 10th. I was still even after 14 and ended up with a 79. Just couldn’t catch a break.

Super short par-3 at 115 yds, hit it fat and never cleared the brush. Then on the next par-5, my short game simply fell apart for a triple bogey.

Ugh. I’m so close, I know it. Swing feels great, putting is solid, just need to piece it all together.

What does that mean ‘catch a break’? I’m asking to get a sense of your mindset. From 15-18 you were a minimum of 7 over par. Did you hit great shots that took horrible bounces? Or did you just play poorly? If you played poorly, what breaks are you looking to get?

What does that mean ‘catch a break’? I’m asking to get a sense of your mindset. From 15-18 you were a minimum of 7 over par. Did you hit great shots that took horrible bounces? Or did you just play poorly? If you played poorly, what breaks are you looking to get?

Just a mix of things. Hadn’t hit a chunky shot all day and when I did, it was on the ONE par-3 that had a large area of brush between the tee and the green. (I could’ve used my putter on 14 of the holes on this course) Led to a double.

The very next hole, I hit my approach to a front pin and it was a foot short and kicked back into the front bunker with a bad lie. Led to a bogey.

The next Par-5 I had an awkward lie next to the green to a short pin, lying 4 and hit it slightly thin to the other side of the green, then proceeded to 3-putt.

I swear my attitude is super positive. I even remember after the double bogey on the par-3, I said to myself “ok that hole is over, move on and let’s make a few birdies coming in.”

Just a mix of things. Hadn’t hit a chunky shot all day and when I did, it was on the ONE par-3 that had a large area of brush between the tee and the green. (I could’ve used my putter on 14 of the holes on this course) Led to a double.

The very next hole, I hit my approach to a front pin and it was a foot short and kicked back into the front bunker with a bad lie. Led to a bogey.

The next Par-5 I had an awkward lie next to the green to a short pin, lying 4 and hit it slightly thin to the other side of the green, then proceeded to 3-putt.

I swear my attitude is super positive. I even remember after the double bogey on the par-3, I said to myself “ok that hole is over, move on and let’s make a few birdies coming in.”

It really sound like you might want to keep the energy going, physical and mental. Maybe nuun at the turn and through out the back swing or some nuts for constant energy. It really sounds like you just lost just enough focus and energy that it created or aided in your mini collapse. Just a thought and something I addressed when I got close to breaking par. I also stopped thinking about my scores and just concentrated on solid shots, one after another.

Back