Trying to break 70 club?

It really sound like you might want to keep the energy going, physical and mental. Maybe nuun at the turn and through out the back swing or some nuts for constant energy. It really sounds like you just lost just enough focus and energy that it created or aided in your mini collapse. Just a thought and something I addressed when I got close to breaking par. I also stopped thinking about my scores and just concentrated on solid shots, one after another.

I’ll take that advice for sure. Didn’t eat a big breakfast and it was a slower round on a busy day so I was definitely hungry by the time we got to back.

And you’re right...need to work on just hitting good shots and not worrying about the score, I had the score in the back of my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm calling my shot today for tomorrow's round. Playing tomorrow w/ 3 other THP'ers and I'm dead set on making this thread happen by tomorrow afternoon. I feel good.

Sniffed it today....got to -1 through 15 then some loose holes coming in took me out of the running as I was really pressing for 2 more birdies. Need to learn not to press but just let it happen. Fun round today and hit the ball pretty well all around. The new putting stroke is really coming around.

The 26 putts is very impressive. Way to go James!!!
Thanks Freddie. I've busted my ass to improve the last two years, and it's paying off. Coaching though gets the biggest credit, mental game is strong now.

Forgot to post this in here. FINALLY did it yesterday after the MONUMENTAL collapse the prior day (31 on front... And 40 on back after almost killing a maintenance worker). Shot 33/36=69(-3)

Lots of close calls on this course this summer, finally did it though. Time to move it back a set when I play there now.
78da1a7847ffe53143627a86dd0f6c87.jpg

So is it time to order new golf balls now? #69

Forgot to post this in here. FINALLY did it yesterday after the MONUMENTAL collapse the prior day (31 on front... And 40 on back after almost killing a maintenance worker). Shot 33/36=69(-3)

Lots of close calls on this course this summer, finally did it though. Time to move it back a set when I play there now.
78da1a7847ffe53143627a86dd0f6c87.jpg

Well done, sir! I had a feeling it was coming soon! :clapp:

Those #70 balls are trash now, right? :D

Well done, sir! I had a feeling it was coming soon! :clapp:

Those #70 balls are trash now, right? :D
Haha, nah, still my favorite # so it works out.

Shot 70 on Saturday thanks to a hot putter. Didn’t even know where I was until I added the scores up in the clubhouse.

Another 70 today. 5 birds and 1 eagle, but a double and 3 bogeys too. It was a fun round, and I was 4 under through 12, but just couldn’t pull it off. 28 putts. 13/18 greens. A couple SPANKED drives on 10 and 16 (both downhill around 340) that got me an eagle and a birdie. A chip in got birdie on the hardest hole. Had a couple good putts and a couple stuck wedges for the rest.

My last several rounds are 77, 70, 71, 73, 77, 70... I’m sniffing the low score but not quite on it yet.

Played in the dogfight at my club this morning. Started with two 3 putt bogeys and got it together after that. Shot even on the front and -5 on the back. 66 total. It felt good making no major mistakes and hitting mid range putts.

After the first 7 holes it was basically stress free.

Played in the dogfight at my club this morning. Started with two 3 putt bogeys and got it together after that. Shot even on the front and -5 on the back. 66 total. It felt good making no major mistakes and hitting mid range putts.

After the first 7 holes it was basically stress free.

That's one hell of a turn around

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's one hell of a turn around

It was a fun back 9. After a bogey on #9 I went: Bird, bird, bird, par, bird, par, par, bird, par.

My big goal for the year was to break 70, something I have never done. I have shot 72 twice. Two days ago, I shot a very solid 72, with one birdie and one bogey. I missed a 3 and a half foot putt for the bogey and I was just off the green in 2 on a par 5 and did not get up and down. So close, I can almost taste it.

My big goal for the year was to break 70, something I have never done. I have shot 72 twice. Two days ago, I shot a very solid 72, with one birdie and one bogey. I missed a 3 and a half foot putt for the bogey and I was just off the green in 2 on a par 5 and did not get up and down. So close, I can almost taste it.

Keep at it and you’ll get there.

Just don’t have any 10 putts.

Well it worked out par 72 34 -35 69!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Where did you play? I live in Centerville, but am from Ogden. We should go play.

Shot my 3rd 70 of the summer today. 36/34 with 26 putts. Missed a 6 foot birdie on 18 or I would have shot 69. Of course there’s always plenty of other mistakes to blame but dang I wanted that birdie!

I've shot a 67 a few days ago...I also shot a 92 the week before that. What a game...never quite sure who is going to show up at the golf course.

That’s quite the turnaround.

Shot 68 in our Club Championship on Saturday and backed it up with a 70 on Sunday. First time I can ever remember going sub-par in two consecutive rounds.

I put my old Titleist driver back in the bag and it was the best I have ever been off the tee.

Shot 68 in our Club Championship on Saturday and backed it up with a 70 on Sunday. First time I can ever remember going sub-par in two consecutive rounds.

I put my old Titleist driver back in the bag and it was the best I have ever been off the tee.

Yes but the big question is did you win the championship?

Yes but the big question is did you win the championship?

Yes, there is a trophy on the mantel.

Yes, there is a trophy on the mantel.

Well then post a picture of that bad boy!

8b889a461efff0eebf549596ad7a4664.jpg

Other than not playing tournaments as well as I would have liked, I have had a good year.

Late last year I realized my putting was holding me back and I have been diligent on improving. In January I was a 3.9 index and after this past weekend I am trending 1.5.

8b889a461efff0eebf549596ad7a4664.jpg

Other than not playing tournaments as well as I would have liked, I have had a good year.

Late last year I realized my putting was holding me back and I have been diligent on improving. In January I was a 3.9 index and after this past weekend I am trending 1.5.

That’s not just a win, it’s a beat-down! Congrats!

Back