Trying to break 70 club?

Last Friday I shot my best round ever and that was shooting even par, 72. I shot 74 4 times last year and once this year. I think I could break 70 but I'll have to have a spectacular day. I work hard and believe I can do it. I need to score better. I can hit a good amount of greens but I don't capitalize enough. That has to change if I'm going to shoot a round in the 60's.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I know this feeling. I always have a bit of an off day in one phase of the game every time out. Last weekend I should have started with 3 straight birdies. I didn't have a birdie putt longer than 8 feet and only made one. I'm usually a good putter, but was on with my driver and irons and still couldn't score. So frustrating.

To break 70 is one of my goals this year also. My best score was a par 72 with a double bogey on last hole
My other goal is to be ranked #1 in my league which I am 3rd right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the goal of no bogeys in a round. Might have to modify that for a man of my level, maybe no more than 1 bogey per 6 holes, but I like it.

Damn. I'm just trying to cut doubles out of my round. Good luck to all of you in getting into the 60's. I think a realistic goal for myself this year is into the 70's

The lowest round I have recorded was last season I shot a 72 (par) on a 6970 yrd. course. My GIR are good, I just need to putt better to capitalize on birdie opportunities. I don't think that there is a worse feeeling in this world than doing all of the right things to get to a 10ft birdie opportunity, then completely blowing it with a poor putting game.

my goal is probably different than most in this club. i can go out and shoot 3 or 4 under on 9 holes if my games on, but playing 18 gives me a run for my money mentally for some reason. i think its because in middle school and high school all we really needed was 9 holes until the big tournaments so my mental game is set to go low as quickly as i can, where as 18 holes is more of a patient marathon. im slowly improving but as far as my under par 18's go i shot a low of 67 on a shorter par 71. after that it's just been even par or 1 over a bunch of times. the course i play is about 7k or 7100 from the tips so its good practice for the college tournaments

I'm looking to break 70 a few times this year. Managed it once in competition last year, and a few times in bounce games. Need to get my putter warmed up and keep hitting greens. Taking the bogey out of the equation is more important than going for birdie this year.

My best round is a 67 on a par-72 course (my home course) - it was not a bogey-free round though, I'll have to check my records to see if I've ever had one of those. If not that will be an ancillary goal of mine this season. I've been in the 60's only one other time, but shot 70 or 71 a dozen times or more including some bogeys/doubles to finish. There's definitely some nerves that kick in for me if the 60's seems like a possibility, but that is my stated goal each time I tee it up.

my goal is probably different than most in this club. i can go out and shoot 3 or 4 under on 9 holes if my games on, but playing 18 gives me a run for my money mentally for some reason. i think its because in middle school and high school all we really needed was 9 holes until the big tournaments so my mental game is set to go low as quickly as i can, where as 18 holes is more of a patient marathon. im slowly improving but as far as my under par 18's go i shot a low of 67 on a shorter par 71. after that it's just been even par or 1 over a bunch of times. the course i play is about 7k or 7100 from the tips so its good practice for the college tournaments

Work on resetting your mind after 9 holes. Ignore what you shot on the first nine and start over, I think you'd rip it up if you could do that successfully.

My goal is to be very active in this club! :D

My short game keeps me away from this club my save % is a terrible 27% so my short game is lacking. I just looked at my last few scores and realized how terrible my GIR's are. I looked back at a 77 I shot and recorded 4 GIR's

and my lowest at my home course was a 76 last year and recorded only 9 greens.

GIR's and Short game is what I need to work on this year to be in this thread.

My short game keeps me away from this club my save % is a terrible 27% so my short game is lacking. I just looked at my last few scores and realized how terrible my GIR's are. I looked back at a 77 I shot and recorded 4 GIR's

and my lowest at my home course was a 76 last year and recorded only 9 greens.

GIR's and Short game is what I need to work on this year to be in this thread.

I'm in the same boat. My short game keeps me out of this club, though I would love to join it. I haven't had much time to play the past couple of years and have defnitely neglected short game practice almost completely. This year, I'm hoping to have some more time to play and get things back on track. My best round in the past couple of years is a 74 on a par-72, 7,020 yd. course.

My best was a 69 on a par 70 course that I had never played before. Best other than that has been +2 several times.
The 69 was unremarkable as I had 4 birdies and 3 bogeys. 2 of those birdies were from missing eagle putts and tapping in for bird. Gotta love those.

I hope to have my game in shape this year where I can challenge breaking par again. Then I'll be all set for the Morgan Cup.

Tappin to the oldies

Got my first under 70 round of the year today!
Had 5 birdies, 2 bogeys, and 25 putts for a 69.

I've done it a few times playing the same 9 hole course back to back and done it a couple times on a par 70 course, but never on a par 72 course 18 hole course. We built a new 18 hole par 72 home course in 2004 and I have yet to break 71 on it. Maybe this year will be the year.

Well done. Hope there are more to come for you!

congrats! Must be an awesome feeling! :alien2:

25 putts, good going!

I won't be in here much going on how I played at the weekend! Practice on the short game this week.

25 putts, good going!

I won't be in here much going on how I played at the weekend! Practice on the short game this week.

When you least expect it man...

When you least expect it man...

haha, tell me about it. I was playing well with the short irons last week! Frustrating, but I'll work through it.

haha, tell me about it. I was playing well with the short irons last week! Frustrating, but I'll work through it.

Working through it is what makes us better; it is amazing how much better I know my swing after a prolonged struggle with it. Best wishes!

Working through it is what makes us better; it is amazing how much better I know my swing after a prolonged struggle with it. Best wishes!

Thanks dude. I'm changing a few things and trying to make them habit, so a little blip shouldn't be too much to worry about.

To make all of you have something to shoot for, a 17 year old Alabamian shot 57 last summer. You guys are behind...

To make all of you have something to shoot for, a 17 year old Alabamian shot 57 last summer. You guys are behind...

Behind? Pah, I can shoot that number backwards.

They announced one of the new courses we're playing on my tour this year. It's like 5700 yards. It's gonna be a scoring bonanza, unless it's completely nutty with 4-yard fairways or something.

I have broken 70 a few times but my best was a68 on a 6200 yd par 72 I had 5 birdies and 1 bogey. It was one of my best all time putting days.

This was a few years ago and, if my Golftec lessons get me a few yards back, and I have a great putting round, I might just do it again.

Back