Trying to break 70 club?

All4's

Need. More. Eagles.
Reaction score
Handicap
All credit to seemoreguy for starting a similar thread for those trying to break 90.

I am just curious which members are out there trying to break 70 as a goal for this year?

What is your lowest round ever and what was par for the course 70, 71, 72?

As for me, I think I have a pretty good shot at breaking 70 this year. Most everything is getting better gradually and I finally broke par last year and shot a 71 on a par 72 6800 yard course.

Need to improve: GIR, wedge distance control needs rust knocked off

OH this is a deadly thread, I won't be in here for a few years. Might as well have it since we have all the others. Only chance I'll have breaking 70 is on a short par 69 course near my home. I rarely play it but in Golf tryouts last year I shot 33 (-1) and then unfortunatly 42 (+7) on the back 9 for a 75. Have shot 72 before on the same course but I wouldn't be too excited if I broke par on it.

I'm with you on this on All4's. My lowest last year was an even par 72 on my home course (par 72 - 6900 yards). One goal for this summer is to put up a number in the 60's. Good luck to you!

Good luck. I finally got a couple of rounds in the 70's this season. I can only hope that one day I will break 70. Ive only going on my 4th season of golf, but I got Dreams .lol

I'm with you on this on All4's. My lowest last year was an even par 72 on my home course (par 72 - 6900 yards). One goal for this summer is to put up a number in the 60's. Good luck to you!

If I am honest, shooting something with a 6 on the front is my real goal. Proof of that is late last season when I was -1 standing on 18 and went for it in 2 after telling my foursome of buddies, "I've shot a -1 under before, here we go." Bogied, of course, shot even par and the joy only lasted the ride home. Same thing happened when I broke 90, 80 and then par. After the first time you start looking at the next thing. Insatiably.

Last edited:
I am hoping to break 70 this year. My low round is 70 on a par 70. My low round last year was 76. For the first time ever, I practiced inside on a sim and launch monitor all winter and I am hoping that will springboard me to lower rounds this spring and summer. My last 2 rounds are 80, and 81. Good luck to all of you trying to break 70!

I have shot a 71 on a par 71 course. I had like 4 lip outs for birdie so it could have been a lot better, but I really want to break 70 this year. I know I can, but have to perfect my short game to do so.

Last Friday I shot my best round ever and that was shooting even par, 72. I shot 74 4 times last year and once this year. I think I could break 70 but I'll have to have a spectacular day. I work hard and believe I can do it. I need to score better. I can hit a good amount of greens but I don't capitalize enough. That has to change if I'm going to shoot a round in the 60's.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Low round on my home course, par 72? 67, 3 birdies and an eagle. I think what made it better was that it was a bogey free round. Hoping to break 70 multiple times this year. :bananadance:

My lowest was a 66 on a par 72 in 2005. Have been below par since then, but not in the 60's.
I think I will get back there this year though. Last round was even par and had 3-4 putts that should have fallen.

This is one of my biggest goals for the year and I have no doubt it can be done with a little dedication. My low last year was a +1 71 on a par 70 and it didnt hurt that it was the first round of a three day tournament but unfortunatley I finished that tournament with a 74 and an 81. I was just worn out by the third day and had no game to speak of.

This would be a tough club for me. My all time best is a 74 and it was several years ago. Old age caught up with me since then, and my index has been on the rise. My putting is what holds me back right now for the most part, and while I'm working right now with a pro on it, not sure I can improve enough in that area to keep my scores in the 70's day in day out.

At almost 50, it gets tougher every year. I might have a shot at better scores at 55 if my back stays fit and I get to move up a set of tee's. But for now, I'm just thrilled to break 80 now and then.

I tip my hat to any and all that make it into this club this year.

Low round on my home course, par 72? 67, 3 birdies and an eagle. I think what made it better was that it was a bogey free round. Hoping to break 70 multiple times this year. :bananadance:

That's an accomplishment in itself! Nice job Chris.

Last Friday I shot my best round ever and that was shooting even par, 72. I shot 74 4 times last year and once this year. I think I could break 70 but I'll have to have a spectacular day. I work hard and believe I can do it. I need to score better. I can hit a good amount of greens but I don't capitalize enough. That has to change if I'm going to shoot a round in the 60's.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!
That's a great round TC. When you say you don't capitalize enough do you mean you're not making the putts or you're hitting the greens but not getting close enough to the hole to make the putts?

This is a club I think I could join. My biggest problem is with the driver...keeping it in the fairway.

That's a great round TC. When you say you don't capitalize enough do you mean you're not making the putts or you're hitting the greens but not getting close enough to the hole to make the putts?

Well, I could probably work on my proximity to the hole but I certainly don't hole enough putts either. I now that on Friday I had 3 birdies and 3 bogeys to shoot even par for the day, and two of those bogeys could've been eliminated with better proximity to the hole (I 3 jacked two greens), however, I certainly have quite a few birdie attempts that are well under 20 feet that I don't even come close to converting. I'm getting there though. I was fit for this putter and have only had it in the bag since the start of this year, so I'm confident that I can get there.

:crying: I'm still trying to break 80 on a regular basis.

I broke 70 a couple times 25 years ago. 69 and a 68 on par 72. The 68 was on an easy track, but the 69 was a real dandy. three years ago I shot a one under 71 on a par 72 from 6,500 yards. 5 birdies and two doubles. LOL. Had a 72 the following year with 16 pars, one birdie, and one bogey. Played really well those two seasons. Last year I folded up. Only broke 80 six times with 75 the lowest, though one was a 76 in really windy conditions on a very tough links style course. That was nice round.

For me the 60s seem pretty far away.

Kevin

Lowest was 72 on par 72. I had like 6 birdies with 6 bogeys that day.... :banghead: Tons of 73 and 74 just seem to have that one bad hole that throws a wrench in it.

Now that I have fixed my slice and swing in general I am a lot more consistent and I hope this year I can post a few scores in the 60s and stay around even par consistently. Last year my lowest was 72 even par.

I've broken 70 many times. My career best is a 65 on two separate occasions.

My goal is normally to play a bogey free round. I've done it three times but its such a fun goal and really can cause some nerves getting down to the last few holes.

i think i need to stop shooting for birdies and let them come.... stop the hero shot and just play par golf... my low last year was a 74 i think...

I'll see you guys in this thread in a few months. Its not a goal for this year, to break a certain number but I would hope I will have something to post here soon.

I've broken 70 many times. My career best is a 65 on two separate occasions.

My goal is normally to play a bogey free round. I've done it three times but its such a fun goal and really can cause some nerves getting down to the last few holes.
Looking at your HI I can see why. We'll need to start a breaking 60's thread for you. :)

Back