Trying to Break 80 Club

I’m close. 42/38 yesterday and I left a few shots out there. The funny thing is I’m not even trying to break 80. I’m trying to play my game and I know when I play my game a mid 80’s round should be the result and if I get hot with the putter a sub 80 round is possible.

Last edited:
Put up a PB yesterday, even after only a decent start. 43/39. On the back I was even par after 5, but ended up bogeying out the round.

Last 2 rounds 75 and 76. Very very uncharted territories for me. I've probably played Golf over 200 times in my life, 133 according to TheGrint, and this was my 6th and 7th time breaking 80, in back to back rounds no less, I don't know what is happening hah!

37/34 today (par 70...senior tees).
Nice! I actually had that exact same score (although par 71, blended blue/white) last week at TPC Las Vegas.

82 yesterday - zero penalties, but a few bad shots (trying to figure things out after my lesson on Friday) put me in places I didn't want to be and blocked by trees a few times cost me a double bogey on one hole, and a few bogeys on others so not too disappointed

Got 4 days of golf to look forward to this weekend playing 3 different courses

I broke 80? Kinda?

GHIN shows a 78. Wish it was 1 round, but it is a combo of my last two 9s. Both 39s.

Today, at CDA, I was +1 through 6. Ended up bogeying out the front and quit on 14. We had been going for 18 hours on 4 hours sleep and we were 4 hours into the round at 14.

89 today. 2 quads contributed because of struggles with the shots inside 150 yards. Dipping my left shoulder. Also needed several holes to keeps my eyes on the ball during chip shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few good rounds lately; haven’t gotten into the 70s yet.

Had an 88, a 42 and a 43 (two separate 9 holers), and an 85.

The 85 was the best ball striking round. Shot 45/40 and kept the ball in front of me; just didn’t put myself in a position to score and had to scramble too much with only 33% GIR.

41/40 this aft on my favorite course. Started rough but had some of the best iron play and wedge play in a while. Tee game was working well except on the par 3 holes. Approach shots are getting better which is giving me more opportunities. I had 3 birds today and had the opportunity to finish birdie birdie birdie just missed 2 of the putts.

41/40 this aft on my favorite course. Started rough but had some of the best iron play and wedge play in a while. Tee game was working well except on the par 3 holes. Approach shots are getting better which is giving me more opportunities. I had 3 birds today and had the opportunity to finish birdie birdie birdie just missed 2 of the putts.
You are playing great. Keep it up.

77... two man scramble :)

Playing a tough track tomorrow. Shot 88 there Friday. I think I learned enough about the course to shave 5 strokes off tomorrow.

I’ve threatened sub-80’s three times this year with a trio of 82’s. Just installed Arccos sensors prior to my last round and they confirmed what I already knew. Poor tee shots and short game. Need to dedicate some time to practice and get some swings on video. I have a feeling I’m too long in the backswing. I’m confident I can get there this year with some targeted practice!
609A5805-B7C6-41A3-997F-4516AE7C6C3D.jpeg

I’ve threatened sub-80’s three times this year with a trio of 82’s. Just installed Arccos sensors prior to my last round and they confirmed what I already knew. Poor tee shots and short game. Need to dedicate some time to practice and get some swings on video. I have a feeling I’m too long in the backswing. I’m confident I can get there this year with some targeted practice!
View attachment 8962260
You're scoring looks very similar to mine. I am a 14 h c and have threatened breaking 80 a few times this year. A particular chance I had was a round that ended with three double bogeys shooting and 82. If you think about it, if I just bogeyed the last three holes I would have shot an 79. Two par 4s and a par 3, and I double-bogeyed each of them. On my home course I have shot in the 70s several times with the lowest being a 73. It's a par 72, 6049 yds, not the most difficult, but I play relaxed when I don't play tournaments.

Last edited:
You're scoring looks very similar to mine. I am a 14 h c and have threatened breaking 80 a few times this year. A particular chance I had was around that ended with three double bogeys shooting and 82. If you think about it, if I just bogeyed the last three holes I would have shot an 79. Two par 4s and a par 3, and I double-bogeyed each of them.
Yep I had two triples in my first 82 and finished bogey, triple in another. I kept hole by hole score in TheGrint and now I’m using Arccos so I’m generally not aware of exactly where I stand. Practice and playing time. Just need more of each! And probably a lesson, but I’m not ready to go there yet.

Finished a 4 day weekend of golf with a nice round of 78(40-38) at Close House on the championship course that has hosted the British Masters twice now after getting it again recently

My recent lesson is starting to pay dividends so hopefully I can get back to shooting some rounds in the 70's again now

Back