Trying to Break 80 Club

Played for the 5th day in a row today and managed to hit 80 on the nose with 41-39

The good was 2 birdies but I ruined those with a double bogey and a triple bogey so it could have been much better

88 today, 40/48. 2 triples on the back and 2 inexcusable bogeys. Three putted 4 greens on the back, hence two inexcusable bogeys. Putting just wasn’t up to snuff today.

Try again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On fire with the wedges today. 77, 39/38. 115 slope, 67.9 rating, 5897 yards. Not the most difficult or longest course, but at 67 y.o. I’m pleased to be consistently breaking into the 70’s. On fire with the wedges today.

On fire with the wedges today. 77, 39/38. 115 slope, 67.9 rating, 5897 yards. Not the most difficult or longest course, but at 67 y.o. I’m pleased to be consistently breaking into the 70’s. On fire with the wedges today.

I am 65 and moved up to the senior tees. Since then I have been consistently shooting in the 70s. Makes the game more fun. Yesterday I could only play 9 and shot a 32 (par 70), with four birdies.

Distance doesn't matter really, you still have the same amount of shots to get the ball in the hole and they have to be good shots to do so. Great round.

Distance doesn't matter really, you still have the same amount of shots to get the ball in the hole and they have to be good shots to do so. Great round.

I agree. In addition, many golfers play tees not really suited for their games, making a difficult game even more difficult. I suppose for many it's an ego thing.

Shot a 41/41 on a par 72.

It could have been the day. Was +1 after 5. Bogeyed out, then started the back double, bogey. Righted the ship after that and had a nice bird.

Tied my PB of 82.

Difference between this 82 and my first 82 is that last year that 82 was all I had. This time, I know I can do better.

Shot a 79 in a better 2 balls of 4 event yesterday. As an 8, I was the best player on my team. I shot net 1 under, with only 2 holes of my scorecard not counting for the team. My brother and law and father in law hammed and egged on the rest of the card, and my mother in law helped out on a couple of her double pop holes. We ended up winning the net portion of the outing!

The big thing for me yesterday was how well I was doing almost everything out there. My driver was bad last weekend, but it was a huge strength this weekend. I was doing well at starting down with my lower body and was pounding the ball. Had a couple bad swings, but they were still playable. Makes me happy to be sticking with the Epic for now.

No 3 putts! Only one double bogey! Birdie on our first hole, and burned some edges the rest of the way. I made a number of 4 to 8 footers to save pars and bogies that were huge. Overall a great day of golf.

It's easy to break 80 just score like trump.

Shot 90 yesterday had a rough start. Went 50/40 for the two nines. Settled down after 5 holes and got back on track. Managed a birdie on 17 which was nice to get after a tough round.

I was out yesterday and fired a blazing 74. My Srixon's were firing on all cylinders. If I wasn't gaming Srixon's I'd probably shoot in the mid 80's.

Friday was the day for the 77! things were working with driver and approach and putter didnt leak any oil throughout the round.

I find it amazing how bad habits creep into a person swing and corrupt it. I was playing good at the beginning of the year always threatening to break 80 up into about mid July and then things start to go bad and I was ending up in the low 90s. I had to go take a lesson and get some things straightened out. I am playing tomorrow at a tough course so we'll see how I handle it then. I played nine holes today and shot a 40 from the blue tees.

80 today (41-39). Had been playing poorly for the last few weeks. Came together today. Only 30 putts, with no 3-putts. 7 FIR and 7 GIR. One double bogey, no birdies. Very windy with gusts up to 25 mph. Very happy with how I was able to play despite that.

Best part of the round was the final 3 holes. I usually have a shot at 79 or better going into 15-16 at this course. I lipped out from 7-8 feet for par on 15. Usually play the super difficult closing stretch poorly (+4 or +5 the last couple times there). Today I played them at +1, coming down to the very last putt from about 12-14 feet. Very proud of how I played that stretch and break a 6 week slump in the process.

I find it amazing how bad habits creep into a person swing and corrupt it. I was playing good at the beginning of the year always threatening to break 80 up into about mid July and then things start to go bad and I was ending up in the low 90s. I had to go take a lesson and get some things straightened out. I am playing tomorrow at a tough course so we'll see how I handle it then. I played nine holes today and shot a 40 from the blue tees.
I know that feeling, I started out before lock-down hitting the ball great, full of confidence off the tee, and then after we were allowed to play again I just couldn't hit the ball anywhere near as well

Off the tee was a lottery, not knowing whether I was going to hit a pull, slice or hook - I tried to work through it but couldn't get things back in shape so took a lesson and the pro pointed out 3 little things that needed adjusting, and since then I have started to hit the ball better again. Not quite back to where I was, but definitely heading in the right direction and when it clicks, the scores are around the 80 mark at the moment so I just need to keep working on what I got from my lesson

I know that feeling, I started out before lock-down hitting the ball great, full of confidence off the tee, and then after we were allowed to play again I just couldn't hit the ball anywhere near as well

I had this struggle as well. Played really poorly after lockdown.

44/39=83
The sad part about this round, even though it is a very good score at a tough course, was that I started out on the first hole with a 9 on a par 5. I had a great drive on a severely left slope fairway that trickled into the wet thick rough, and that's where the trouble began. By the time the hole was over I carded a 9. There always seems to be something preventing me from getting into the 70s, but I feel quite successful bouncing back like I did. ;)

Got out to play 9 holes this evening and ended up shooting a two under 34 which is a career low for any nine. Summary of the round:

1 eagle, 1 birdie, 6 pars, 1 bogey
0 fairways lol
6 GIR (8 if you include fringes)
14 putts

Back