Trying to Break 80 Club

34/42 for 76 this morning a new PB! Only 1 OB off the tee and 1 OB going over the back of the green. Made some good recovery shots and had 4 birdies.

34/42 for 76 this morning a new PB! Only 1 OB off the tee and 1 OB going over the back of the green. Made some good recovery shots and had 4 birdies.
Awesome!!! Solid play. (y)

Well... this season isn’t over here, but it’s close. The leaves are falling and it’s getting dark early.

11 rounds in the 80s this year, including one 80 on the nose.

Not quite done yet... I booked a round tomorrow at a local Nicklaus design that I know well. I feel like my game is in a good spot and plan to just relax, enjoy the crisp fall air and see what happens.

Played in a select shot charity tourney yesterday, so no score to post. Team was 3 under 69 which I consider pretty good for a team with a B, a C and 2 D players. First I had played in over week, and spend the day before driving for 10 hours from a quick getaway with the wife, so not a sharp as I could be.

Fall is definitely settling in but doesn’t stop the golf. Just have to adjust for the cooler temps and heavier air. And the fallen leaves and dormant fairways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well... this season isn’t over here, but it’s close. The leaves are falling and it’s getting dark early.

11 rounds in the 80s this year, including one 80 on the nose.

Not quite done yet... I booked a round tomorrow at a local Nicklaus design that I know well. I feel like my game is in a good spot and plan to just relax, enjoy the crisp fall air and see what happens.

Aaaaand golf happened. Got the hooks; never recovered. Shot a 52 on the front and tossed the scorecard out on the back. I did have a nice time, though. Got paired with some good folks and the weather was beautiful.

Still, it’s amazing how quickly my game can go to complete crap. My last 10 rounds, before yesterday (9 holers in parens).

(43)
(37)
(44)
(37)
(40)
(40)
(40)

Tried everything but could not sort out the pull hook, and then when I’d aim right I’d hit one straight, haha.

Oh well. Club championship is Sunday. I’ll get it together before that.

Shot a +6 (77) yesterday on a shorter course than my home club but I finished the round with 3 straight bogeys so it could have been a bit better

Missed the green on the par 3 16th hole and didn't get up and down despite my chip running over the edge of the hole

On the par 5 17th hole I just missed the fairway left and caught my approach shot a bit heavy and didn't clear the water hazard, took a penalty drop and just missed the par putt after sticking a chip to about 5ft so not too annoyed at that one

18th hole is another par 5 and I missed the green in the worst possible place due to the wind moving the ball more than I expected and I had an impossible chip/putt across a severe right to left slope that just kept running away from the hole and I missed the uphill return putt

Greens had obviously had work done recently so were a bit mixed in terms of condition and speed at times, and it was quite windy but still good to get out and play

Played two new courses. Put up a respectable 83 at one and a less than 89 at the other. Second course I just did not have my A game.

Played so poorly yesterday, I stopped keeping score on the sixth hole. Parred the first then could not hit a decent shot for the next hour resulting in 4 consecutive doubles. Got things somewhat back on track on the 15th when a playing partner noticed I was making a backward weight shift. Focused on a forward shift and started striking the ball more solidly.

I’ll try again tomorrow.

Well I followed up my 82 with an ugly 94. Went out the following day and shot an 85. But for the first time in months and definitely the first time with the new driver, I was strong off the tee. Something to build off for sure! Now hopefully I can manage a few rounds before winter.

Club championship today! 18 holes, twice around our 9 hole goat track.

I’m in B flight which is 5-12 handicaps. There are 9 of us in the flight. I’m a 6, there’s one 5, everyone else is between 7-12.

I’d like to win B flight outright and place top 5 overall, which I think will take... 75. It’s a par 70. It will take some discipline and not just grip/rip. I only need driver on 6 and 8.

The head greens keeper plays in the event every year and likes to play a draw so I’m sure we’ll see all the tee boxes set up for his game as usual, lol.

Looking to knock down two goals in one today: win the club championship and break 80!

Club championship today! 18 holes, twice around our 9 hole goat track.

I’m in B flight which is 5-12 handicaps. There are 9 of us in the flight. I’m a 6, there’s one 5, everyone else is between 7-12.

I’d like to win B flight outright and place top 5 overall, which I think will take... 75. It’s a par 70. It will take some discipline and not just grip/rip. I only need driver on 6 and 8.

The head greens keeper plays in the event every year and likes to play a draw so I’m sure we’ll see all the tee boxes set up for his game as usual, lol.

Looking to knock down two goals in one today: win the club championship and break 80!
Good luck and hope you play well.

85, sigh. Oh well. Next year!

82 yesterday

I just couldn't get the green speed for some reason - we had a lot of rain on Saturday so they were soft and a lot slower than I am used to, but from a visual perspective they looked like they should run quicker than they did and I just couldn't get my head round it and had way too many 3 putts after hitting approaches and chips that just didn't release like I expected, combined with leaving putts short

On a positive note, I made 2 birdies to keep my streak going, including one on a par 3 which wins me some money from the 2's pot

Play the first 6 holes in a light rain today. Par, birdie, par, par, bogey, par. Slowed down when the rain stopped playing the last3 in 4 over for 40, with a double on the par 5 ninth. Back nine struggled a bit to a 44 for 84 total.

Except for 9, the ball striking was very good and approaches inside 130 yards were spot on.

Overall, very happy with the play given the conditions. Supposed to play again Wednesday, but Zeta may wash out the rest of the week.

Two rounds in this weekend with an 80 & 82. Super happy with the scores I had a lot of pars and 1 birdie. Not very much trouble but will need to dial in the putting to help go lower. looking forward to some practice time this week.

I’m still trying but it’s been a bit of a struggle. Stupid mistakes keep getting in the ways. Working on my short games to try and score better.

37/38=78 today. Short game and putter.

I was close today. Went out in 40 and felt good, but coming in I got loose off the tee and had to scramble to come in at 42. I’ll never be upset with 82, but I felt a sub 80 round was happening today.

Best round of my life today at the Island Course @ Innisbrook... Still feels amazingScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 1.06.03 AM.png

42/37=79 today. Struggled on 3 of the first 4 holes, par, double, double, double, then straightened out my head. Finished the round with 4 pars and 3 birdies in the final 9. Happy, but could have been better if I could have adjusted for the varying speeds of the greens.

42/37=79 today. Struggled on 3 of the first 4 holes, par, double, double, double, then straightened out my head. Finished the round with 4 pars and 3 birdies in the final 9. Happy, but could have been better if I could have adjusted for the varying speeds of the greens.

Nice round!!!!!

As the season winds down I’ve posted back to back 85’s. Without my one silly wedge OB, the last would have been an 83 and I had 36 putts on the worst greens I’ve played all year (not even punched!). I feel very comfortable over the ball right now. If I can sneak in a few more rounds before winter there’s hope!!

Back