Trying to Break 80 Club

I actually reviewed my round afterwards and realized one shot was misallocated...

76 was true, but I only had 25 putts on the round

Big shout out to @Carolina Dundee for his 79 today! If he would have played it safe on 18 it would have been lower. But who wants to play it safe when you can play hero right? Either way, great round!
]

you forgot to mention that I thought I shot an 80 until I realized it was a par 71. The 18th at Brandywine is a beast of a hole and although I’ve never layed up it seem like the smart move because there is no landing area.

that headwind didn’t help today either.

A990C52D-F702-4006-9626-488AB37C7768.jpg

That looks like a tight landing zone my friend.... water ball huh

how far is the green from the other landing zone on the right?

]

you forgot to mention that I thought I shot an 80 until I realized it was a par 71. The 18th at Brandywine is a beast of a hole and although I’ve never layed up it seem like the smart move because there is no landing area.

that headwind didn’t help today either.

View attachment 8973864

That looks like a tight landing zone my friend.... water ball huh

how far is the green from the other landing zone on the right?

the lay up would leave you 185 or more out and it’s up hill enough that you would need to take and extra club. Yesterday it was a club or so into the wind as well.

no water for me, I tried to take it over the trees on the left and caught one which put me OB in a yard. I had to re tee and got lucky to not go in the water on the second attempt.

Opportunities to break 80 this past year during tournament play:
82----double bogied last three holes.
I have broken 80 several times on my local home course, which is not the most difficult course, but can't seem to do it in tournament play as the scores above reflect.

Opportunities to break 80 this past year during tournament play:
82----double bogied last three holes.
I have broken 80 several times on my local home course, which is not the most difficult course, but can't seem to do it in tournament play as the scores above reflect.

I have the same issue when I have a friendly side bet with a friend. I think I just start pressing after buildings good lead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll get at least one more shot at this tomorrow. It’s a new course and temps may be in the 40’s so that won’t help my cause, but I’ll still be looking for some birdies out there!

I’ll get at least one more shot at this tomorrow. It’s a new course and temps may be in the 40’s so that won’t help my cause, but I’ll still be looking for some birdies out there!
Howd the round go?

Howd the round go?
42 on the front and as the temperature neared 42 on the back, I started to cool off too (51). 😆 It looks like I’ll get at least one more round in this weekend and thanks to this round I have a lesson on the horizon as well.

42 on the front and as the temperature neared 42 on the back, I started to cool off too (51). 😆 It looks like I’ll get at least one more round in this weekend and thanks to this round I have a lesson on the horizon as well.
Getting close to under 80. That was my problem too, back 9 I seem to lose all sense of direction. Namely, which direction the fairway is off the tee 🤷‍♂️

Getting close to under 80. That was my problem too, back 9 I seem to lose all sense of direction. Namely, which direction the fairway is off the tee 🤷‍♂️
I know I could lower my score with a solid warmup and better snacks throughout the round. I tend to play 6-6-6. Warmup-Peak Golf-Tired. One day I’ll finally figure that out.

I know I could lower my score with a solid warmup and better snacks throughout the round. I tend to play 6-6-6. Warmup-Peak Golf-Tired. One day I’ll finally figure that out.
I extend the warm up with some range balls before, so sometimes my 18 goes peak golf - tiring - tired...

Bad day Wednesday with a 47/45. Chipping was the bugga boo. Wasted at least six strokes chunking around the greens. Struggled with the putter also, but only reforms 4 strokes. Still, that’s 10 strokes thrown away.

Today was better, 42/42. Struggled with approach shots. Made solid contact but consistently pushed 5 - 10 yards right from 10p x 150 yards. Lost a passel of strokes because of that.

And the battle continues. I had my chances today and did improve my PB but came up a couple strokes short with an 81.

38/38 for a 76 today! I think this is my 6th time breaking 80 and this one was at my favorite course so it means a lot. No OB played with 1 ball for the whole round. I had 11 pars 2 birds today. Some solid scrambling and 7 one putts. Wedges were good and it drives me crazy but I still just shorted a few small chips lol.

86 yesterday, which I was happy with. I had two bone-headed putts miss and lost multiple strokes from 50-70 yards. Really just an off day from that distance. Looks like I’ll get 9 holes in on Thanksgiving and another 18 this weekend! Keeping the dream alive in 2020! 😄

Man, its been a little while since I broke 80. Had a 79 in September, might have been the last time. When I'm breaking 80, my driver is automatic. I've been a little shaky lately.:rolleyes:😕

Well I managed to break 80 on the sim. First time I’ve ever done that! And then after the round I learned that the sim software penalizes me by adding yards for not being in the fairway. Definitely useful information. Looking forward to continuing this momentum through the offseason!
5E1AFB47-7397-4E10-8A1C-5F872342AFB0.jpeg

Well, a little bit of a stolen idea, but what about for all the guys trying to break 80? If you are just struggling and haven't shot in the 70's in a while or even if you have never done it before and you are almost there post your progress and let us know how you're doing!

I myself am having probably one of my worst years of golf. I have only broken 80 twice this year. I'm just trying to get my stuff together and I should see scores dropping soon. I just HAVE to stay away from those double bogies.
My life goal. Have hit 81 twice

So far this year I am 2/4 for breaking 80

So far this year I am 2/4 for breaking 80
Well I am 100%.....if you count playing The Golf club 2019 on my PC :ROFLMAO:

Still not swung a club since December here in the UK and expect it to be at least the middle of Feb before it is reviewed, so no guarantee that it will change when that takes place

Having been in the 70’s 3x in past 15 months, 2 - 77, 1 - 78, my goal for this year is to have 30+% of scores in the 70’s.

Having been in the 70’s 3x in past 15 months, 2 - 77, 1 - 78, my goal for this year is to have 30+% of scores in the 70’s.

Not bad for a 36 handicapo_O

Back