Trying to Break 80 Club

42 today with 20 PUTTS AAAAAARRRGGGHHH.

Three 3 putts. Ridiculous.

Shot a 73 today! On a par 66 course... +7 though! The greens were in terrible shape, but my short game was sharp. Just need to translate this to the big boy courses!

Shot 81 in the first round of a league match today, but it could have easily been 3-4 shots better if it weren't for a couple bad shots

However, I will take an 81 after how my back has been lately

40/39 today with a double on 18 on a relatively short and easy course

Shot an 82 today with a 10 and 5 balls in the water on the back nine. Almost there...

43/43-86 today.

1 birdie, 8 pars, 3 bogeys, 5 doubles and a triple at the last.

31 putts... made 5 putts from 15+ feet... one of those days where I felt like the hole was 2 feet across.

Made a poor choice on 18 that lead to a triple. I tried to hack it out of the weeds to save a stroke - should have taken an unplayable and played for bogey.

41 in league... 5 pars, 2 bogeys, 2 doubles. One sh@nk.

Shot an 82 today with a 10 and 5 balls in the water on the back nine. Almost there...

That would have been a really low round right? Take a 5 and you are at 77 and eliminate the penalties... Wow!

That would have been a really low round right? Take a 5 and you are at 77 and eliminate the penalties... Wow!
It was a strange back nine with lots of optimism coming out of it. I had 33 putts too, it really could have been something special!

Managed to do it back to back this past weekend. Hoping to keep that streak going.

The par or better streak thread got me thinking... in all three rounds this past weekend (+7,+11,+12) I put together streaks of 5-6 holes at 1-2 under par. I really do think I’m close to breaking through!

The par or better streak thread got me thinking... in all three rounds this past weekend (+7,+11,+12) I put together streaks of 5-6 holes at 1-2 under par. I really do think I’m close to breaking through!
Where are you losing strokes?

Where are you losing strokes?
In my +7 round (not a real course), I had 2 penalties off the tee trying to drive greens 😬

In my +11 round (with a 10) I had 5 penalties on the back nine and still managed a 43.

And in my +12 round I had 4 penalties.

It was a weekend full of anomalies though as lately I’ve been very good at keeping the ball in play. Kind of feast or famine this weekend. I’m looking at it optimistically, I think my approach shots were marginally better and all of my chipping work is really starting to pay off.

In my +7 round (not a real course), I had 2 penalties off the tee trying to drive greens 😬

In my +11 round (with a 10) I had 5 penalties on the back nine and still managed a 43.

And in my +12 round I had 4 penalties.

It was a weekend full of anomalies though as lately I’ve been very good at keeping the ball in play. Kind of feast or famine this weekend. I’m looking at it optimistically, I think my approach shots were marginally better and all of my chipping work is really starting to pay off.
Sounds like some course management is in store and you will be good to go. Less Tin Cup :LOL:

It will come around.

78 today. No penalty strokes, no 3 putts and no double bogeys. Amazing how much it helps your score if you just keep the ball in play. :LOL:

78 today. No penalty strokes, no 3 putts and no double bogeys. Amazing how much it helps your score if you just keep the ball in play. :LOL:
Awesome!!!!! That HC will be in single digits in no time.

It is great to know that you could be even par or close to it with that kind of streak. That is impressive.

I've had two solid rounds of 82 and 85 after a swing-flaw fix. Looking forward to this weekend to give it another go. Some loss of focus is standing in my way. For example, I made double last time out by simply losing focus. I hit a great drive, and then chunked my approach. Ok, it happens. But then I lost focus and rather than thinking "put it on the surface," I thought "get it close and make up for it." Trying to be too precise, I bladed it over the green. It's these kind of simple mistakes I need to eliminate to break the magic barrier.

Shot a 77 (match play) yesterday for a new personal best, and 4th ever round under 80, all in the last 6 weeks.

getting off the tee and playing to middle of greens has been a huge boost to my game lately!

Shot a 77 (match play) yesterday for a new personal best, and 4th ever round under 80, all in the last 6 weeks.

getting off the tee and playing to middle of greens has been a huge boost to my game lately!
Awesome Congrats

Broke 80 for the first time this season at a Pete Dye course in Amelia Island.

39/39
10 pars, 2 birdies, 2 doubles.

Funny thing is this was from the tips. I played the course from the first time from the blue tees which were forward the day before because the starter said most people play those tees. I hit an 85 from the forward tees because every fairway bunker was in play for me off the tee. From the tips, I had a lot more fairways where the bunkers weren't in play so my score was way better.

I broke 80 in 3 of my 4 rounds this week (78, 84, 79, 77). This is still a relatively new thing for me, and I like it!

I was , low 20s hcp, 2nd last monthly round , had 83 off the stick , 9 pars 2 double b’ the rest bogeys nothing worse than a 6 on any hole.

Now my hcp is high teens and there’s more promise in store for more rounds ,, however moving through autumn and the edge of winter , unsure how we may go for while with cold and windy and wet ....

Back