Trying To Break 90 Club

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Nice round SMG! Congrats on breaking 90!

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
i am thrilled for you SMG! you deserve it. you have a wonderful attitude and it will not be long until you're creating the "trying to break 80" thread. what an achievement. keep the momentum rolling buddy.

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
Great job K!

tander

Reaction score
Handicap
Way to go Keith!!! That is whay I am looking forward to. My highest score has been 91 so I have got close but not quite there. I thought my last outing that it was going to happen. I pared the first three holes but then double bogyed the next five then pared the ninth. Back nine was soso with a score of 93. I have faith that it will happen this year.

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
SMG awesome job man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tdinbr

Water hazards are tough!
Reaction score
Handicap
10.5 OOB
Awesome job SMG!!! I am usually in the 90's club but got lucky this past weekend and shot an 85.

I never, ever add up my score until my round is over. Not even at the turn, as tempting as that can be.
I do not need or want that extra pressure on me of knowing how close (or far) I am from breaking 90.

My golf buddies know this and tease me relentlessly about it but I tell them if they add up my score and tell me before the round is done, I will turn on my next tee shot and aim directly at them!!

wilwin

Reaction score
I feel I've rejoined the 90's club ever since I introduced my friend to the game a couple months ago. Was a mid 80's shooter earlier this year and was just going out a playing and stopped going to the range as much. Now that I'm hanging out with a beginner, I've slowly re-evaluated my swing and have made tweaks here and there. Now when I'm just about to hit a shot, all these technical swing thoughts come to my head and it's really hurting me. Before, I would take my swing, whether broken or not and shoot at the target.

Just recently, I've started to go back to focusing on tempo and while my last round, I shot a 52 front 9. I turned it around to a 43 back. Things are looking up again. Just got to focus on my tempo and my target.

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
I'm game...I'll join :) But first, I need to break 120 :)

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
C'mon in everybody....the more the merrier!

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
What about a trying to break 90 AGAIN club? hehehe

I shot an 85 and two 87's two summers ago, the only times under 90 ever for me. Last year I got to 91 once and was over 100 more times than I like!

sacul1573

What's a GIR?
Reaction score
Handicap
Great job SMG.

I'm part of the club, and have been for probably 6 months after quitting the 100's club. I've been shooting consistantly mid-high 90s, but in the last 2 months, took a break from playing and focused on practicing. Well, got back from a golf outing where I played two courses I've never played before, and ended up with a 91 and 92. So, practice pays off.

The 91 round gave me a real chance to break into the 80s, but yeah, nerves and a little (lot) bad luck kept me in this club for now. Look for my "I'm back... from golf!" thread where I will be updating with a few hole stories shortly!

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
well I did IT!! I went out today to just play nine and was feeling good about my game so i went ahead and played the back nine. 46 on the front and 41 on the back. :blob: :alien2: I didnt add up my score till the end and had to go back and add it up again twice more just to make sure!! Now to keep it up and see if I can reach my goal of a 15 handicap.

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
well I did IT!! I went out today to just play nine and was feeling good about my game so i went ahead and played the back nine. 46 on the front and 41 on the back. :blob: :alien2: I didnt add up my score till the end and had to go back and add it up again twice more just to make sure!! Now to keep it up and see if I can reach my goal of a 15 handicap.
Congrats royalwulff :clapp: Did the new outfit help? :wink:

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
WOO-HOO!!! Way to go RW that's awesome I am so happy for you. Now you have to join the Trying to break 80 club :smile:

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
Congrats royalwulff :clapp: Did the new outfit help? :wink:

I actually didn't wear it today as it was a bit chilly this morning. I will probably wear it again next time I go out to play, it is so comfortable.

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
WOO-HOO!!! Way to go RW that's awesome I am so happy for you. Now you have to join the Trying to break 80 club :smile:
thanks GG! I don't want to get ahead of myself and join it just yet, I want to make sure I can do it again.

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Well I thought today was going to be the day, I was playing pretty well on the front 9, a few pars mixed in with bogeys and no blow ups. I knew I had something in the 40's so I didnt add it up. But the back nine was terrible as I had a bunch of triples, 3 putts and a wild driver, shot a 51 on the back and a 44 on the front. Maybe next time.

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
My goal by the end of this year is to join you fine ladies and gents on this thread.

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
Well I thought today was going to be the day, I was playing pretty well on the front 9, a few pars mixed in with bogeys and no blow ups. I knew I had something in the 40's so I didnt add it up. But the back nine was terrible as I had a bunch of triples, 3 putts and a wild driver, shot a 51 on the back and a 44 on the front. Maybe next time.
You will get there OEM just keep working at it!

dtak84

Reaction score
Handicap
Grats! Hope you get down to 15 sooner than you plan to!

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Congrats Wolf!!!! That is a great score and you are well on your way to that 15 h/c. I think I will refrain from adding up my scores from now on. It puts too much pressure on me.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Congrats Wolf!!!! That is a great score and you are well on your way to that 15 h/c. I think I will refrain from adding up my scores from now on. It puts too much pressure on me.
I've done that for years. I wish I had done it Sunday in Florida, but live and learn!

Sunday_Hacker

Release Your Inner Diablo
Reaction score
Handicap
congrats rwolf!

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
Congrats Wolf!!!! That is a great score and you are well on your way to that 15 h/c.I think I will r efrain from adding up my scores from now on. It puts too much pressure on me.
I wont be doing it anymore!

Philley32

Reaction score
Handicap
Shot 95 today.. Had a chance to do it but blew up on the back nine. 43 on the front, 52 on the back....

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in