Trying To Break 90 Club

Playing 18 tomorrow with another THP member. Maybe tomorrow will be the day...

FoolDog01. He is more of a lurker and was my friend before he was a forum member.

FoolDog01. He is more of a lurker and was my friend before he was a forum member.

sweet! have a good time. you will break 90!

Thanks man. I have been having a bad week this week, but I sorted out my crap for the most part. Putting has been decent though.

i wouldn't expect any different.

btw, love the new sig, haha!

Hey SethO,

I got a feeling about tomorrow buddy. I think you are going to do. Just stay patiently focused.

Played today but it wasnt my day. Couldnt get out of my own way for the first three holes to the tune of three triples. The par 3's just killed me today. On a more positive note I scored my first bird of the year today. Hit really well off the tee compared to the last few times out. Shot a 45 on the back and a killer 48 on the front. Monday is a new chance.

unlucky OEM, you'll get it buddy. congrats on the big BIRDIE!

Good Birdie OEM. I feel your pain my friend. It takes a lot for it all to cometogether in the same round. Well, at least you get to tee it up again on Monday.

I am heading out tomorrow 9 am tee time which will be the first round since breaking 90. I will be interested to see where my mindset is and if I can keep focused on my game plan. I am going to do my best not to add any scores until the end of the round.

Went out today and hit the new PING G 15 23* Hybrid. It takes some getting used too and I had some success with it today. We will see how I do with it tomorrow when it counts. IF I hit it well I will probably pick up the 27* also. So far the G 15 irons have been good for me. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. Might even get in 36.

Thanks SMG! Good luck yourself! Sure does take a complete round to put it all together. Today I hit the G15 23* on one of those long par 3's around 200 yards maybe a little more. That thing went too far. Its strong. But it flew high and landed soft. Stick with it and I think you'll really like it.

I added the TM SuperFast 3W yesterday and let me just say that thing is rocket. Super easy to hit and goes LONG!! Love that club already.

Hey Kev,

How are you setting up with the 23*? Are you setting up with shaft straight or slight pushed forward on tee shots. That is where I was having some difficulty because of the offset. Off the ground I was better with the shaft just about over the ball and hitting like an iron. Off the tee I was less consistent.

I had a chance to play 36 holes today and man I am beat. First round today started ok. I was playing bogey golf for the first the first half with the exception one triple and one double. I refused to add my scores up until the round was over and I had: Front nine score was a 47. Back nine was more doubles than anything else and shot a 49. Total: 96. Now this first round was so slow we never could get into a rythm as the threesome ahead was slow as molasses.

We decided to replay and go for a second round and see how things fared. I added my scores after the round and discovered I had shot a 42 on the front nine. This was the same score I shot last week when I broke 90. I shot a 48 on the back nine for a total score of 90. For some reason I play the front nine about 5 - 7 shots better than the front. I have to work on the back nine and eliminate the doubles I keep getting out there. If I can do that I may be able to get more consistently into the mid-high 80's. Well, that is what I will concentrate on for next time. I probably need to develop a seperate strategy for the back nine.

At any rate, I had a blast out there today as usual and look forward to the next time. Perhaps tomorrow I can sneak out and get in 18.

Cheers,

SeeMoreGuy
"SMG"

I guess I can simultaneously be a member of the Trying to Break 90 Club and the Trying to Break 100 Club. Until March, I had never broken 100. I played 18 for the first time in about 5 months in Palm Springs. Was 11 over on the first 5 holes, and ditched my driver. Played 10 over on the last 13 holes to card a 92. The next day I went out without warming up and scored a 9 on the first hole, but recovered to shoot a 96. A few weeks later, I went out on another course and shot over 110. :(

My two biggest current nemeses are keeping my tee shot in bounds and 3-putting. If I'm hitting "3" off the tee, I'm in trouble. I'm working on reminding myself to keep my tee shot swing speed at about a 7 out of 10. But ever since my wife put a moratorium on putting and chipping practice in the house last month, the short game has gone downhill.

I know exactly what you mean with the driver 2left. Not trying to kill it is my biggest issue. IF only I could stay at the 70 percent. When I do, I am dight in the fairway.

Bummer on the indoor short game ban :act-up:

well i went out and played 18 again the other day and the front nine I STANK!! shot a 51 on the front witha blow up 10 on the third hole par 5. the back nine I finallly found a groove and shot a 44. I am not sure what changed after going into the clubhouse for a bottle of water but whatever it was I need to find it again...LOL. Oh well next Monday I will be out again and hopefully I can put that 44 on the front and keep it on the back.

Great job on the back nine Wolf. What kind of water was it....I need to put some in my bag, hehe

Great job on the back nine Wolf. What kind of water was it....I need to put some in my bag, hehe

Hmmm maybe I need to ask the pro what he spiked it with?

Well guess I'm a new entry into the breaking 90 club even though I didn't last friday I shot a 48 on the front 9 with 20 putts 3 holes were on the green in 3 and 3 putted, I hate when I do that, on the back shot a 42 and had 16 putts with 3 holes where I 1 putted them so I had a 90 my lowest score ever, hope this is a sign of good things to come I usually range between 95 -100.

Exzellent!! The more we have the better we can encourage one another.

I posted that I was rejoining the club and the very first outing since the post, I broke 90 with ease. Shot an 87, which really should have been an 85 because I completely forgot how to play the game on the 18th hole and shanked 2 pitch shots for a triple bogey. 6 over in the front, 10 over in the back. 6 pars, no birdies. The ironic thing was that this was a course I never played before so I probably could have shot lower if I knew the layout better.

Maybe going into the day with low expectations helped me that day.

Now on to breaking 80 again. The one time I broke 80, it was all about the number of greens in regulation I hit. Breaking 90 seems like a breeze if you can get out of the tee box safely.

wow SMG our club is growing in leaps and bounds!

congrats to jcuray and wilwin keep it up and soon we will have to start a breaking the 80' s thread. Just think it is just the start of the season so lots of chances for lots of good scores.

I played so bad yesterday I may have lost my card to this club. I didnt even add it up, I know it was in the 100's. The two courses Ive been playing have hairy greens and yesterday I played a course with normal greens and they seemed like glass. I couldnt keep anything on the green but my putting was lights out. I had more one putts then Ive ever had. Too bad most of them were to save triple or quadruple bogey.

Back