Trying To Break 90 Club

On this last round I turned off the score / yardage app and just used the paper scorecard. I know the course well enough that I don't need the GPS distance anyway. It's easier for me to ignore my overall score if I use the "analog" method.
Same here. I don't know why, I fill up a whole scorecard tracking stats but it's still easier to just look at the shot in front of me instead of worrying about the score if I have a paper scorecard. Maybe it's because the only time I worry about the card is right after I finished a hole. By the time I'm at the next tee box, it's out of my mind.

Same here. I don't know why, I fill up a whole scorecard tracking stats but it's still easier to just look at the shot in front of me instead of worrying about the score if I have a paper scorecard. Maybe it's because the only time I worry about the card is right after I finished a hole. By the time I'm at the next tee box, it's out of my mind.

My Golf App does a good job of keeping me from dwindling on prior hole's scores. Once you score the hole it goes into its own black hole until you finish the round. It won't even give you a 9 hole tally (unless you're only playing 9).

99 today after shooting a 96 last Sunday. First time I've ever gone back to back rounds in the 90s. Make a slight adjustment in my putting and have been making lots of putts. That seems to help a bit!

Righted the ship a little bit today. Got rid of the duck/snap hooks for the most part. Missed a few easy putts and 1 blowup hole or I could have been back in the 80s.
Ended up with a 91(47/44) 4 FW & 4 GIR, 35 putts and 3 penalties. Looking forward to get out again soon.

47 this afternoon. Had one triple due to a penalty but pretty solid otherwise. Hope to get 18 in Sunday AM.

I played a scramble with a few friends this afternoon, and I was crushing the ball. 12/14 fairways, and the other ones were still good drives, just slightly in the rough. it felt very good, I just wish my irons and putter were on as well.

I will try to go out again this weekend, and give it another go

Righted the ship a little bit today. Got rid of the duck/snap hooks for the most part. Missed a few easy putts and 1 blowup hole or I could have been back in the 80s.
Ended up with a 91(47/44) 4 FW & 4 GIR, 35 putts and 3 penalties. Looking forward to get out again soon.

nice round...glad to hear the hooks are going away

So close yesterday. Went 48/43 for a 91. Managed 2 birdies. One was a short par 4 I think about 340 yds. Hit a worn burner drive and had 169yds in. 7i with a helping wind that landed on a down slope to the right of the pin. Ball rolled right passed the hole (which would've been my first ever eagle) to 3.5 feet. Drained the putt. Then a par 3 playing 156yds. 8i to 4 feet and sunk that one as well. Finished with the 2 birds 3 pars, 5 bogies, 2 trips and the rest doubles.
Also had 3 - 3 putts which derailed a sub 90 round as well.

89 today, so back on the correct side of the 90 line. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I was on pace through the 12 hole today to break 90 ... then I started "thinking" about it ... ended with 98 ...

Went out in 43. Hit the ball pretty well and got every lucky bounce on the course. Was just making the turn when the front rolled in and the horn blew.... waiting out the storm now and watching the Open.

Shot an 83 (41/42) on a course I've never played before last monday. I was by myself so I was motoring fairly quickly and the only 2 other groups were great and seen me coming and let me play through without delay. Now to explain the score lets start by I played from their blue (tips) which was 400 yards shorted than my course's whites so it was rather short. Putting was fantastic, seemed like I couldn't miss anything inside 20'. In putting things in perspective I would have to say between the course being short and putting being on that that's where all the stokes were.

Played the same course again on the thursday with some members. Didn't fair as well with a 91, putting was back to normal :banghead: .

Shot an 83 (41/42) on a course I've never played before last monday. I was by myself so I was motoring fairly quickly and the only 2 other groups were great and seen me coming and let me play through without delay. Now to explain the score lets start by I played from their blue (tips) which was 400 yards shorted than my course's whites so it was rather short. Putting was fantastic, seemed like I couldn't miss anything inside 20'. In putting things in perspective I would have to say between the course being short and putting being on that that's where all the stokes were.

Played the same course again on the thursday with some members. Didn't fair as well with a 91, putting was back to normal :banghead: .
Helluva round buddy! Well done!

Nicely done Gizmo! Still waiting out the rain here. Sigh.

Nice job Gizmo!!

Nice shooting Jim, that is awesome well done.

Went out in 43. Hit the ball pretty well and got every lucky bounce on the course. Was just making the turn when the front rolled in and the horn blew.... waiting out the storm now and watching the Open.

43 / 49 - 92. It's a new personal best but still a bit disappointing after such a strong front 9.

Made par on the first hole back from the rain delay (#12) then pulled my hybrid into the water on 13 and ended up with a triple. Bounced back with par on my nemesis hole, then double / single / double brought me to 18 sitting at 86 (although I did NOT know my total at that point since I don't keep a running tally I did know I was in the 90 ballpark).

Hit a fade/slice off the tee on 18 into the water... ugh. Re-tee'd, knocked one down the middle, pitched and 2 putted for double.

3 three putts, 3 penalties and one triple but still a new personal best 92 and also personal best 6 pars. Guess I shouldn't be too bummed. Cheers!

52 / 48 - 100 yesterday... started strong but faded quickly. I'm finding that I play much better early in the day than after work. I took a few calls and emails during the round as I have a fairly large project coming to a close at work and I let it distract me from the game.

I only hit two GIRs so that pretty much tells the story. Bright side: only one 3 putt.

I'm never going to break 90 because it rains EVERY time I try to play! This is getting maddening...

I'm never going to break 90 because it rains EVERY time I try to play! This is getting maddening...

No kidding. Felt like we had a solid month of rain here in STL. Finally sunny this week.

Sucks about the rain guys, out here in the Pacific Northwest, where we are known for rain it has barely dropped at all for months now!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Sucks about the rain guys, out here in the Pacific Northwest, where we are known for rain it has barely dropped at all for months now!

^^This^^

We so need rain right now, everyday new fires are starting up. I can forgo a few rounds of golf for a really good down pour. I did notice that our water hole and spill over were full in case any bucketing from the helo's are needed. Always fun stopping on the fairway while they come in and grab a bucket of water.

^^This^^

We so need rain right now, everyday new fires are starting up. I can forgo a few rounds of golf for a really good down pour. I did notice that our water hole and spill over were full in case any bucketing from the helo's are needed. Always fun stopping on the fairway while they come in and grab a bucket of water.

I hear ya... I grew up in the Los Angeles area and have many friends there dealing w/ the drought right now. Meanwhile here in St. Louis the river's overflowing.

Hoping to get out this afternoon and hit the range or maybe play 9 holes. Had a productive range session last night. I'm bailing out of the swing early and pulling the ball... spend an hour working on it and made some progress.

^^This^^

That's really cool, I would love to see that.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Back