Trying to understand the point to an electric push cart?

I see a lot of good reason listed here with the main one being that it saves you energy. I haven't however seen anyone list the best reason: Being able to use your hands to post in the live update thread. Have you ever tried doing that when using a push cart. It's not very easy. This would make it much easier to do that.

I see a lot of good reason listed here with the main one being that it saves you energy. I haven't however seen anyone list the best reason: Being able to use your hands to post in the live update thread. Have you ever tried doing that when using a push cart. It's not very easy. This would make it much easier to do that.
It's also nice when you stop at the turn to grab a messy sandwich. You can stroll along behind the trolley holding on to your lunch with both hands and just letting the mustard and stuff drip on the ground while you walk.

I have never had an electric cart, mainly due to cost but I'm definitely considering the jump once my clicgear wears out. I enjoy the walk and the course I normally plays have a couple pretty decent hills, even pushing the clic gear up those I'm huffing and puffing, would be nice to have one that doesn't require quite as much, especially the older I get.

I only read through the first post but I wanted to throw it out there as you’re not too far away from me. If you’re going to be driving down to FL pick my Motocadie up and borrow it for a week or two. I might miss it, but I’ll get over it and you will be convinced as to why you need one if you join a course. Even if you’re not driving, the offer is still on the table.

I only read through the first post but I wanted to throw it out there as you’re not too far away from me. If you’re going to be driving down to FL pick my Motocadie up and borrow it for a week or two. I might miss it, but I’ll get over it and you will be convinced as to why you need one if you join a course. Even if you’re not driving, the offer is still on the table.

THP kindness!

The reason I want one is, I feel I play better when I walk but I am LAZY and don't want push a cart up the hills.

I get electric carts for older golfers or physically limited people. Everyone else is just doing it to have the latest tech or to show off. Or is just being a bit lazy!

I've just moved from a two wheel pull trolley to a 3 wheel push trolley and I'm now no longer knackered after 9 holes. So much easier to get it round the course! Of course electric would be even easier, but I don't physically need one yet.

I guess we could add another advantage. It's cheaper than paying a caddie to schlep your clubs for you.

Shoot I'm 37 and the thing that is holding me back from a membership is having to walk the course. Almost no memberships include the cart fee, so it kind "forces" you to walk it to get value out of it, and I just don't think my lower back can handle it twice a week or whatever I'd end up playing.

We're the same age so I understand all too well with the lower back. I've been a heavy equipment technician for the better part of my life, and now I teach the trade because my body is, well, not as limber as I once was. If I had the freedom to play twice a week I would in a heart beat with my electric push cart. Even with a regular push cart, on a hot summer day I'd want to only push 9. The other week, the heat index was like 110 here on the coast and I walked 18 with a 10:30 tee time. I still picked the kids up from daycare, played with them outside for about 30 minutes, and did our normal dinner/night time routines. I could do that in a cart, but just using a normal push cart, that wouldn't happen. For the price of a yearly cart fee, you should be able to get a motorized cart that will last for at least 4-5 years.

I have an non-remote electric cart (Bat Caddy). Main benefit: less energy expended during play; I feel less tired at the end of the round, compared to when I was using my Clicgear.

My home course has cart fees included in its very reasonable dues. So riding is a no brainer. Occasionally, I will walk with a push cart… just to prove I can still do it!
If I had to pay separate cart fees, a motorized cart for walking would definitely be on my radar… especially given the terrain on my home course.

Buggy fees are ridiculous at courses near me. Almost as much as the round in most places.

Back