Cruskater

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA Sucks
Anyone dealt with turf toe before? Might have aggravated it with my aggressive push offs on the course last week but was going up a step Monday night and had a shooting pain just below my big toe. Was using RICE but today it really ballooned and had bruising. Got an xray and nothing was broken but they said it was turf toe. Rest it for about a week before trying to run or play golf. Any experience? The P.A. said sometimes it takes as much as a month because it is a tendon.

I sprained the tendon in my left big toe nearly 20 years ago missing the step coming out of a swimming pool. It still hurts some mornings and sometimes after particularly strenuous hiking... I never did anything for it. Just hobble around for a few months and it gradually improved. Still reminds me sometimes though.

If it wasn't the big toe I'd just say cut it off. I believe however the big toe is one of the important ones. Helps with balance I guess....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kidding aside though I had turf toe right at the end of a football season in high school and I can sympathize. I know running stairs in wrestling shoes wasn't ideal treatment.

If it wasn't the big toe I'd just say cut it off. I believe however the big toe is one of the important ones. Helps with balance I guess....

For those of us , who’s game borders on the unbalanced 8 toes may be enough of a step forward 😃

Back