I just got out of the worst experience with a provider ever!!! Directv absolutely screwed me and I couldnt wait to end my service. Ill write a full review later. Hate them

I just got out of the worst experience with a provider ever!!! Directv absolutely screwed me and I couldnt wait to end my service. Ill write a full review later. Hate them

Damn! I leaning towards them, free NFL sunday ticket. lol

I've been with Direct for over two yers and love them. They get in your pocket every chance, but so does all the others.

I had Comcast in college, and EVERYONE hated them. Was always going down and C/S was awful.

I have Verizon Fios and have no complaints.

I have Verizon Fios and have no complaints.
Same here. no complaints. Every time they take away a channel they add one right back. Getting BeIN sports out of nowhere was great as well.

What people post in here is going to be highly dependent on where they live. I have Comcast up here because Verizon Fios isn't available in my area, so the only other option is DirecTV, and Comcast gives me pretty much every channel that I need.

I will say this: if I didn't watch so much live sports, I would think about getting rid of my cable altogether and just stream shows via the Internet.

This is exactly it. I swear my bill changed every month. Now I realize others do it too and I should of been on top of things from the start but damn. Im the most pissed about the hassle I had with moving. Its a long story but it just got ridiculous.

Edit: I meant to quote thedue

What people post in here is going to be highly dependent on where they live. I have Comcast up here because Verizon Fios isn't available in my area, so the only other option is DirecTV, and Comcast gives me pretty much every channel that I need.

I will say this: if I didn't watch so much live sports, I would think about getting rid of my cable altogether and just stream shows via the Internet.

Same boat, I really could live without cable, but need it for sports. One day a cable provider will offer a just sports package.

Once you've experienced the Masters/US Open with Direct you will have your mind made up.

I have ATT Uverse and its great. No problems at all and my picture is just as good as it was when I had Direct TV.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm living without cable currently. Just local channels. Every big sporting event will be on one of those channels, and I also utilize espn3.com and my espn app on my xbox for any sports that come on there.

Directv for 10+ years. We'll be customers for life. Nothing but pleasant experiences throughout, including 3 moves, and endless free upgrades over the years.

Been with DirecTV for a long time with basically no problems!! Wish I paid less but... still better than the area cable company!

Uverse for 5 years, never an issue

Time Warner. Hate 'em, but only other option right now is U-Verse and I don't get all that I want in channel options. Biding my time right now beause I'm supposed to be able to get Google Fiber within the next year and a half.

Time Warner. Hate 'em, but only other option right now is U-Verse and I don't get all that I want in channel options. Biding my time right now beause I'm supposed to be able to get Google Fiber within the next year and a half.

Lucky bastards in MO. lol

Last edited:
I've been with DirecT since they launched 19 years ago. I remember paying over $700 for that first analog box and installing it myself on the railing of the deck on my apartment - it was quite the cutting edge thing to have at the time. They are still my only choice since I NEED NFL Ticket! They cost a little more, but their picture quality has always been top notch and their customer service has been great over the years.

We have been saying the same thing lately. Fortunately for us, cable and internet is included in our HOA so we are sticking with Comcast. Truthfully they all have their merits and downfalls, they are sweet as pie to get you to sign up and then violate you (I originally wrote something else but I am not sure that is appropriate for the forum) once you are locked in. We have had Comcast, Cox, Brighthouse, Charter, Dish, Verizon FIOS and DirecTV and they are all the same IMO when it comes to customer service. Although I will say DirecTV seems to be the one who will bleed you dry of your money the most, they are crazy with how they handle certain things.

Pretty much for the cable watchers, but almost everyone has satellite options. Maybe this thread title should instead be "Cable, FIOS or Satellite?".

Back