TW Nike Free Golf shoes.

I'm all for athletic style shoes, but think there are a lot better styled ones out there.

Agreed, dude. Not digging the look at all...

I actually like the ones that were posted online a few months ago a lot better.

I'm looking forward to the release of these, I have been since the PGA show. I think they look sweet and have a good
weight to them.

Not feeling the "updated" design at all. I will pass on those. These are the ones I was excited about!

tiger-woods-nike-free-golf-shoe-prototype-01-620x413-610x250.jpg

Ok so they are officially listed on nikegolf.com as releasing June 8th for $220. I think I'll pass and spent that $200 on a clicgear push cart.

I've been looking forward to this release. Unfortunately, as with many of the Free lines there's no wide sizes so I must wait until it hits stores so I can try on a pair.

I would buy these if they were 100, but 220 is just ridiculous. Come on Nike! I was looking forward to these!

I would buy these if they were 100, but 220 is just ridiculous. Come on Nike! I was looking forward to these!

Golf galaxy has them available for preorder at $179. Still a little steep for me but that's about the usual range for the TW lines (if anything it's actually cheaper than years past at release).

I think the black ones are much uglier than TW wears. Are the white the same? If so... Bleh.

Glad I went with the white when I pre-ordered from my proshop. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until July 1st, dont think my shop was able to get in on the June 8th release, heard it was supposed to be limited?

As for the price, I payed $130 for my free training shoes, so $180 isnt too bad for the golf shoes.

I think the black ones are much uglier than TW wears. Are the white the same? If so... Bleh.

These are gonna be love/hate for many. I'm not crazy about the looks but I do like the free tech. To me the whites look much better. I hope adidas can come out with some formotion type golf shoe soon (I know there is one in the works).

These are gonna be love/hate for many. I'm not crazy about the looks but I do like the free tech. To me the whites look much better. I hope adidas can come out with some formotion type golf shoe soon (I know there is one in the works).
You mean the Adidas Puremotion? Between that shoe and this shoe, not sure which one gets ugliest shoe of the year award.

Not feeling the "updated" design at all. I will pass on those. These are the ones I was excited about!

tiger-woods-nike-free-golf-shoe-prototype-01-620x413-610x250.jpg

I agree. I'll pass on these now with the updated looks. I like the ones above with the muted back finish and minimalist design.

Time to add either another pair of Cally Del Mars or Adicross in black to the rotation. Too bad I held out so long.

Everyone says they don't like the updated design, what exactly don't you like. I see very little difference between the two.

Im starting to think the picture from Nikeblog is just a bad picture? Golfsmith has the shoes on the site now and they look a little more like the pic I posted above. The Nikeblog pic looks like Nike placed creases or Adidas looking stripes on the side of the shoe. I know Im knit picking, but for $220 i have to LOVE those things. Im gonna reserve judgement until I see them in person. I already heard they were alot heavier than one would expect Frees to be but Im guessing thats only becasue of the spikes.

They are heavier in a wet sand sorta way, Not a cement block feel. They feel as though you will still have maximum control over your shots and still drive your legs. This of course is based on my holding them for less then a minute.

The upcoming Adidas "free" model is the "Crossflex."

TGW has pics of it in their new catalog which arrived yesterday.

I'm torn between the Nike TW13s in white or the Adidas Crossflex, will have to check them out in person to decide.

I do like the look of these shoes and being that I game the Nike Free Run shoes already, these things are comfy. However, I am far from the likes of Tiger Woods but I do recall in at least 3 tournaments this year he changed shoes due to the eyelets ripping. So for $219, I question the durability of these. I figure I will let these play out a bit more and see how they hold up for some of the other average golfers out here before I drop the $. Not that I need em, loving the Dunks!

These look pretty sweet. The white looks better though. I think Nike got it right with the TW shoes for the mix of traditional and sneaker look beginning in 09. I would be interested in hearing people's thoughts on this shoe. I'm pretty much a shoe *****.

I'm not a fan of any black shoe. Looks like the white ones have a leather look to them. Thought they were gonna be a mesh finish. Think I'm sticking with white!

Commercial for the TW Free shoes:

[video=youtube;v4wGVv-d0d8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4wGVv-d0d8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

They are heavier in a wet sand sorta way, Not a cement block feel. They feel as though you will still have maximum control over your shots and still drive your legs. This of course is based on my holding them for less then a minute.

I am surprised for some reason they are going to be so heavy, thats not a good thing is it?

Looks like Medalist club.

@ripper they aren't that heavy I was just try to describe the feel. It's a different kind of weight. They are not as light as the running shoes

Where did you guys come up with price $220? It is $180 on Nike Store's website.
GOLF
DATESTYLE NAMECOLORPRICESTYLE #
06/08/12TW '13White/Anthracite-Varsity Red-Jetstream$180532622-100
06/08/12TW '13Black/Stealth-Varsity Red$180532622-001

http://help-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28721/~/which-nike-shoe-styles-will-launch-in-june-2012%3F

Thats what it was when they first posted the preorders (golfsmith and nike had it). Turns out that was MSRP which everyone knows nobody abides by.

Back