TW Nike Free Golf shoes.

Lemme know too Freddie. I almost walked oot with a pair yesterday.

My GG had a bunch of these. I can check for you next time I'm there Freddie.

Thanks boys, Orlando is plum out. I can PayPal the dough if you find

Had a chance to try on a pair a few days ago. Edwin Watts received the only pair of TW13 in a 10.5 which is what i wear with other shoes. It was very snug on the sides and very close to my toe. Unfortunately, since it was the only pair, I couldn't try on a size 11. I think that would've been the perfect fit. They mention that their next shipment would be in August. Oh and I didn't notice the tongue being an issue with my shin like some of the other guys here.

Interesting stuff the past day or so. I think I might be in the JB camp, but on the otherhand, I don't really care for anklet socks and generally don't like the tongue all over my shin. However, the shoes might fit my big ole feet and cankles well.

Has the thought of cutting the damned tongue down crossed anyone's mind? Serves two purposes...mangle the TW emblem and kill the shin rub!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Black is preferred

Colt mangling a $180 pair of shoes just isn't an option. The feedback JB gave is pretty damn good, it doesn't bother you but his readers want to know.

Maybe if the tongue is really an issue, try flicking the top part of the tongue out when fully laced like in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMeBWCaK4fM&feature=context-vrec

Before anyone asks, the shoes are slightly different to the released pair as this video was filmed a while back whilst still in the process of the TW13's.

i still think its because of where the laces are. for me they are high up on my foot. anyway they havn't caused any rubbing per say that i've really noticed. but i havn't been wearing them much due to the Champ Testing.

JB did you reach out to anyone from Nike to get an explanation?

The only response I have received is that it does not have to do with the laces. In fact there is no response of what it does have to deal with, so in the end, I am going out on a limb and making an educated guess that it is purely aesthetics and personally I think they really screwed the pooch on that one.

I have the NIKE Free TR (trainers) very similar build to the TW 13 and the tongue is normal and they are freak'n comfortable.

I spoke with Dennis at Blind9 and my 11.5 are a very tough size so I have to wait until August. Gonna have to search rthe stores for my size. I can't wait that long.

I have those same shoes TD and think they are some of the most comfortable out there.

I played 18 in them yesterday and while I still really like the looks in person (especially with pants), there is no way I could justify this much money for a pair of golf shoes compared to others on the market. I think the fake leather is off, the tongue is absolutely absurd, and the toe wrinkling is that of a much cheaper shoe. The tongue issue will obviously affect some more than others based on what bothers people, but the issue is ridiculous if you ask me. There is absolutely no reason to have it, other than to show off the stupid TW logo large enough and not have it hidden behind laces. In this day and age spending money on the high end for golf shoes should offer near perfect everything for the user. There are so many great shoes out there starting with Nike's own Lunar Control line that paying high end money and getting sacrifices like materials used should not be even in the cards. My opinion obviously.

The only response I have received is that it does not have to do with the laces. In fact there is no response of what it does have to deal with, so in the end, I am going out on a limb and making an educated guess that it is purely aesthetics and personally I think they really screwed the pooch on that one.

I have those same shoes TD and think they are some of the most comfortable out there.

I played 18 in them yesterday and while I still really like the looks in person (especially with pants), there is no way I could justify this much money for a pair of golf shoes compared to others on the market. I think the fake leather is off, the tongue is absolutely absurd, and the toe wrinkling is that of a much cheaper shoe. The tongue issue will obviously affect some more than others based on what bothers people, but the issue is ridiculous if you ask me. There is absolutely no reason to have it, other than to show off the stupid TW logo large enough and not have it hidden behind laces. In this day and age spending money on the high end for golf shoes should offer near perfect everything for the user. There are so many great shoes out there starting with Nike's own Lunar Control line that paying high end money and getting sacrifices like materials used should not be even in the cards. My opinion obviously.

if the reason is to show off the TW logo they really did screw the pooch. like i said it doesn't bother me like it does you but it would look a lot better if it was lower. JB another quick question you say the fake leather is off do you mean the leather on the tongue? thats the only place that i think even looks like leather the rest is other materials and looks nothing like leather IMO. i mean i don't look at the free or air max sneakers and think they are made of leather. just wondering what part of the shoe you are talking about.

if the reason is to show off the TW logo they really did screw the pooch. like i said it doesn't bother me like it does you but it would look a lot better if it was lower. JB another quick question you say the fake leather is off do you mean the leather on the tongue? thats the only place that i think even looks like leather the rest is other materials nothing leather like IMO. i mean i don't look at the free or air max sneakers and think they are made of leather. just wondering what part of the shoe you are talking about.

Im just generalizing the entire material. I know its not supposed to be leather, but it just feels cardboardish to me. Wrinkling like paper in the toe area to me (and just my opinion) should not happen with shoes this price.

Im just generalizing the entire material. I know its not supposed to be leather, but it just feels cardboardish to me. Wrinkling like paper in the toe area to me (and just my opinion) should not happen with shoes this price.

yeah i dunno, i think thats just the material that they used. if they used the outer layer on the free sneaker the entire way around it like they did in the golf shoes they would have the same issues i think with the sneakers. i mean the toe wrinkling..... but they don't need the sneakers to be water proof. so they just have an exoskeleton of that material on the sneakers and the soft padding for the rest. although id prob buy a pair that wasn't water proof if they had the same support and just had the exoskeleton of the material that covers the shoe now. I'm def interested to see what they do if they have a new model come out next year. I think they have a really good product here but they could improve on some things and have something really amazing on their hands.

I picked mine up last week and love them. Not crazy about the younger though. Wish they went more traditional in that aspect. Got my normal size 9 and they are a tad bit snug and hopefully they will stretch out a bit. They are extremely light on my feet. Feels like you're wearing almost nothing. Like you said JB, I would have preferred a more leather look. They look a little synthetic and I worry about them trapping dirt. I have wiped them down after both rounds and they still have a brand new look to them. I'm very happy overall though?

Black is preferred

Colt mangling a $180 pair of shoes just isn't an option. The feedback JB gave is pretty damn good, it doesn't bother you but his readers want to know.

It is good feedback. And the tongue may bother a lot of people.

I personally took my time to draw an outline on the tongue and cut it off nicely. Stitched the cut up with some grey/black thread for aesthetics. Not the whole tongue and not because it bugged me. Just the top most parts because I do not want Eldricks initials on anything I wear.

It is good feedback. And the tongue may bother a lot of people.

I personally took my time to draw an outline on the tongue and cut it off nicely. Stitched the cut up with some grey/black thread for aesthetics. Not the whole tongue and not because it bugged me. Just the top most parts because I do not want Eldricks initials on anything I wear.

Throw some pics up. I'd like to see that.

i tried helping Freddie out today by grabbing an 11.5 for him. But all I could find was a size 11 and then a size 12. I will say that these must be selling good because on Saturday I was there and there were at least 30 boxes. Today there were about 8.

I will be disappointed if I try these on (size 14) when they come out and that darn tongue ruins them for me.

Easy fix people!!!!!!

Spoiler
Scissors!!!! Get after that tongue problem!!!!!!

100% agree. If the moment I take a step the leather starts to look a white Shar Pei they go right back in the box.

DDec I appreciate you looking buddy. My guess is people are moving up a half size from 11s.

Colt did you remove the TW logo from the sole of the shoe?

i tried helping Freddie out today by grabbing an 11.5 for him. But all I could find was a size 11 and then a size 12. I will say that these must be selling good because on Saturday I was there and there were at least 30 boxes. Today there were about 8.

Freddie I saw an 11.5 today at my dicks sporting goods. I can see if it's still there

DDec I appreciate you looking buddy. My guess is people are moving up a half size from 11s.

Colt did you remove the TW logo from the sole of the shoe?

Hah! Funny you ask...permanent marker.

Enjoying the feedback on these. I have yet to try ona pair, but I own several pairs of the Free Run shoes and they are awesome.

The Nike store website has almost all the sizes for the white TW's, but only size 9-11 for the black ones. Maybe they'll put the rest of the sizes up soon.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-636320/pgid-638601

Back