Two Rounds- Same Score- Different Post Round Feeling

A lot of times it matters on how I got to the score.

Was I a little wayward off the tee but still had good looks going into the green and had legitimate birdie chances or was I constantly scrambling for par after hitting bad approach shots?

When playing boring golf a 3 putt feels so much worse than not pulling off the scramble and doing a 2 putt bogey most of the time.

There are so many things that can set the tone outside of even how you are playing. On Sunday I got frustrated after waiting 15 minutes for the group ahead of me to clear the green. It got to the point I said clear the F'ing green after 3 groups were stacked up on the tee box while we were waiting in the fairway. While I was playing a decent round the tone was off since I was constantly waiting while also feeling rushed with number of groups stacked up on us. While on the otherhand a leisurely round where there is no waiting or people on your heels feels different.

Also if you dont have any standout shots from the day it's easy to think of round as being less fun. Hitting a sweet drive, amazing approach, a great sand save, unbelievable up and down, or long putt goes along way of making an overall negative round positive.

Back