Review Two Thumb Putter Grip Review

Anyone want to give a Hogan with one of the standard sized Two Thumb grips from the review article in the OP a go? Only exchange is forum feedback like Sox and Billy have been killing it with....

After spending a couple of days with a Flat Cat Tak grip on the putter I previously had the Two Thumb grip on, I am convinced that the very healthy 190 gram of the Two Thumb grip is something that is helping my putting stroke. The FC is not quite as wide across the front (which is not an issue for my smaller hands as I am still able to comfortably grip it the same way) but it weighs about half of what the TT does. I have tried back weighting putter grips many times in the past and probably got it up to about 150 grams between the grip and clevis pin in the butt of the shaft, but I believe the fact that the TT grip distributes weight across all 10 inches of the grip gives me a more preferential feel than a bunch of weight concentrated in the top 1/3 of the grip that came with back weighting.

Anyone want to give a Hogan with one of the standard sized Two Thumb grips from the review article in the OP a go? Only exchange is forum feedback like Sox and Billy have been killing it with....
:wavey:

I'm your Huckleberry

Boredom got the best of me again. Pulled the Two Thumb grip from the Hogan because I wanted to try it on one of my many SeeMore putters. The FGP Tour I put it on is the lightest head weight (somewhere around 345 grams) so far of the 3 I have had it on. Initial rolls were as good as it was on the other two putters.

I am of firm belief that I will putt better with any putter I put this grip on. Kind of crazy and never really thought I would like a really big and/or really heavy grip but this one has dispelled both of those notions. Have not pulled the trigger on any more (due to the $40+ per price tag) but eventually will as soon as a few things sell.

Update time! Got a chance to play another round today with the Two Thumbs Lite on the Indi Ramone today. I've got about 8 rounds on this grip and still am really getting used to it. I'm fighting some stance/posture issues that I think I think is causing some issues and this grip is actually helping with that. Again, I've been committed to using the prayer grip exclusively with this grip and it is a great help. What I have noticed now, is my five foot and in putts where I'd normally miss left (pulling or closing the face) are gone. I'm hitting the ball exactly online, whether or not that's the correct line or not, that's where the ball is going. I do like the grip. I think it's going to be standard on any putter I have from here on out.
One thing I did notice today, I got the grip VERY wet today just to see what would happen. it gets pretty slick, but still manageable. With a set of rain gloves, I see no problems with it during rainy conditions. We're starting to get into the hot and humid season in Eastern NC with temps going well into the 90's with high humidity. We'll see over the summer months how this grip holds up. With bare wet hands I did have to increase grip pressure more than I wanted to, but again, that could have been mitigated with a quick wipe of the towel.
I wish they were easily available for local purchase in big box stores like Global Golf/Dicks so more people could get a feel of them.

I’m a FlatCat TAK Standard guy, and the Original version is intriguing but the price point is stiff...

I’m looking at a possible regroup after my 21 putt 9 holes on Sunday. I need retail shops to open so I can roll some putts!

I've got a SC Fastback with the Matador grip, but I am seriously considering one of these for it. How do I account for the extra weight of the TwoThumb?

I’m a FlatCat TAK Standard guy, and the Original version is intriguing but the price point is stiff...

I bought one of those a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was ok but like the Two Thumb better. Two completely different grips. The TT is almost 1/2" wider and weighs about twice as much. The FC Tak is definitely much easier on the wallet though especially now when they are running all grips buy 1, get 1 50% off.

Do you use the FC with the flat sides parallel or perpendicular to the putter face?

I bought one of those a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was ok but like the Two Thumb better. Two completely different grips. The TT is almost 1/2" wider and weighs about twice as much. The FC Tak is definitely much easier on the wallet though especially now when they are running all grips buy 1, get 1 50% off.

Do you use the FC with the flat sides parallel or perpendicular to the putter face?
I’ve tried it both ways, I prefer it like this:

F8BD0C0F-A3BF-4A67-B56A-8C00B24F8446.jpeg

How do these differ from the Flat Cat?

I am not especially liking the naming convention on this product line. Otherwise, the concept is interesting.

I've got a SC Fastback with the Matador grip, but I am seriously considering one of these for it. How do I account for the extra weight of the TwoThumb?

I was concerned with that also but did not find it to be an issue. The one putter that it was on that I put it on the swing weight scale, it took it down from the mid D's to the mid B's. Never had the feeling that I lost the head in the stroke though.

They do make polyurethane covered grips that weigh about what most other grips do. I just greatly prefer rubber to the polyurethane wrap and those are the grip that weigh well over 100 grams. 190 for the Original, 150 for the Light and 125 for the Shorty.

I’ve tried it both ways, I prefer it like this:

View attachment 8941321

The Two Thumb is designed to be installed with the flat sides the other way. I installed the FC Tak I bought like the TT. Didn't even try it the way you have it because I became enamored with the prayer style putting grip.

How do these differ from the Flat Cat?

I am not especially liking the naming convention on this product line. Otherwise, the concept is interesting.

Designed to be installed with the flat sides perpendicular to the putter face instead of parallel like the FC. The rubber ones are up in weight like the FC Solution but the weight is distributed across the entire grip unlike the heavy cone at the bottom of the Solution. They also have polyurethane wrap grips like the regular FC that are probably similar in weight to the regular FC. I am not a fan of PU wrap grips so really haven't looked much into them from either line.

If you go with the Big Daddy Light (the one that I have) you're only going to 67 grams total weight. I would think that 6 grams isn't going to be too much.

Update time! Got a chance to play another round today with the Two Thumbs Lite on the Indi Ramone today. I've got about 8 rounds on this grip and still am really getting used to it. I'm fighting some stance/posture issues that I think I think is causing some issues and this grip is actually helping with that. Again, I've been committed to using the prayer grip exclusively with this grip and it is a great help. What I have noticed now, is my five foot and in putts where I'd normally miss left (pulling or closing the face) are gone. I'm hitting the ball exactly online, whether or not that's the correct line or not, that's where the ball is going. I do like the grip. I think it's going to be standard on any putter I have from here on out.
One thing I did notice today, I got the grip VERY wet today just to see what would happen. it gets pretty slick, but still manageable. With a set of rain gloves, I see no problems with it during rainy conditions. We're starting to get into the hot and humid season in Eastern NC with temps going well into the 90's with high humidity. We'll see over the summer months how this grip holds up. With bare wet hands I did have to increase grip pressure more than I wanted to, but again, that could have been mitigated with a quick wipe of the towel.
I wish they were easily available for local purchase in big box stores like Global Golf/Dicks so more people could get a feel of them.

Your points about the grip when wet are probably the main reason why I never liked polyurethane wrapped grips. I have lived in Eastern NC and the heat and humidity in South GA where is have been for the past 12 years is even worse.

The Flat Cat TAK looks to be square all the way around whereas the Two Thumbs is only flat across the front.

It has a slight bit of curvature on the short sides but not as much as the TT.

The Two Thumb is designed to be installed with the flat sides the other way. I installed the FC Tak I bought like the TT. Didn't even try it the way you have it because I became enamored with the prayer style putting grip.

So you don’t like the flat side parallel to the face like I have mine?

So you don’t like the flat side parallel to the face like I have mine?

I didn't try it that way. If they didn't have the stupid hole on the side of the grip cap instead of on the bottom of the grip cap like every other grip in the world, I could have installed it with air and moved it around to try it different ways.

What has the bag wear been like with these?

What has the bag wear been like with these?

I would imagine the rubber one like I have will hold up a long time. Course still closed so have not acutally put mine in and out of the bag several times a round yet. I would imagine the polyurethane wrapped grips will wear like a SuperStroke.

I didn't try it that way. If they didn't have the stupid hole on the side of the grip cap instead of on the bottom of the grip cap like every other grip in the world, I could have installed it with air and moved it around to try it different ways.
That sucks bc I tried both positions and putt way better with the parallel position.

Back