Review Two Thumb Putter Grip Review

That sucks bc I tried both positions and putt way better with the parallel position.

How do you grip it? I know Justin Rose uses a claw grip and preferred it with the grip perpendicular.

How do you grip it? I know Justin Rose uses a claw grip and preferred it with the grip perpendicular.
I grip it traditionally, I really like how it squares the left palm through the stroke.

I grip it traditionally, I really like how it squares the left palm through the stroke.

I was looking to try the prayer style grip with hands parallel on each side of the grip and thumbs next to each other on the front of the grip like I was using on the TT grip. That's why it went straight to installing the FC like I did. Has it showed much bag wear with it only being a rubber wrap instead of rubber throughout?

I was looking to try the prayer style grip with hands parallel on each side of the grip and thumbs next to each other on the front of the grip like I was using on the TT grip. That's why it went straight to installing the FC like I did. Has it showed much bag wear with it only being a rubber wrap instead of rubber throughout?
Ok the White version of the FC Standard is what @HuddieJ plays and it wears way more than the Black TAC version that I play.

Hudson prefers the White because it is a softer grip, than the Black.

Ok the White version of the FC Standard is what @HuddieJ plays and it wears way more than the Black TAC version that I play.

Hudson prefers the White because it is a softer grip, than the Black.

Good. That is what I kind of figured based on my experience with the wear of rubber vs. polyurethane.

What has the bag wear been like with these?
I’ve got about 6-8 rounds with it so far in two different bags. I’ve pretty much raked it across the lip of the bag every time taking it out and so far it’s held up very well. Still looks and feels like the day I got it. I think the polyurethane Big Daddy Light will hold up for a long time.

I didn't try it that way. If they didn't have the stupid hole on the side of the grip cap instead of on the bottom of the grip cap like every other grip in the world, I could have installed it with air and moved it around to try it different ways.
It is a stupid side hole. I also use air, so the grip got returned without ever being used. Curious about the Two Thumbs grip though.

Switched bags as I’ve joined the Push Cart Mafia and the staff bag doesn’t fit as well as I would like it to. I used the putter on all 18 holes today and raked the grip across the bag every single time I grabbed the putter. The grip is holding up well with about 12 Or so rounds on it.
I have noticed a considerable difference in keeping the putter head square with the Two Thumbs and a prayer grip. The only weakness that I’ve noticed is also it’s strength, it’s wide. With it being wide enough for my short and fat circus carnie hands, it can make it cumbersome getting it in and out of the bag. Other than that, I still like it, and have asked for another one for Father’s Day. We’ll see if I get one or my yearly shoes.

Enjoyed the review grip I received so much that my Two Thumb grip hoard is now up to 5. Added some nice color to the mix with these 3 that arrived yesterday from Australia.

20200607_090638.jpg

Number two, another black grip, was purchased installed on a junk putter that I bought off EBay a few weeks ago for a song. Pulled the grip and will donate the putter to the junior program at my course when it starts back up.

Update time! So the last couple weeks the only days I could make it out to the course were on Fridays, and they've been pretty rainy lately. I was able to make it out this past Thursday and Friday for a quick 9 each day. I wanted to test how well the grip holds up in the heat and left the putter in the trunk of my black car for a solid three weeks. It's been said that heat will kill grips, and I wanted to see how true it was. No affect at all. I've done everything that I can think of minus deliberately trying to break this grip and it shows no wear at all. It still looks and feels just as good as the day I got it. I'm going to keep it on the Ramone for at least the rest of the season, if not longer.

On a side note, I did pick up a Super Stroke Traxion Flatso 3.0 from Dick's on the by 13 swing grips get the putter grip for free with a free install. In all honestly and I will take this to the grave, the Super Stroke is an inferior product. I'm still going to put it on another putter that I have, but I when I have to get another putter grip, it's going to be a Two Thumbs. Fit, finish, feel, and the little bit of durability that I've seen from it so far are really great.

Well it’s been a little over a month since I last gave an update so it’s time. The summer heat is here in Eastern NC! Hot, humid, and down right wet from rain and sweat. The grip is holding up better than I expected. I’ll try to post pictures up tonight showing how little wear it has, and that’s not because I’m taking it easy on it. @JDax Taking the putter in and out with the grip hitting the bag has worn the bag out more than the grip. I think previously I made a comment on how sticky this grip was. I did notice today with dry hands or a glove, yes it is sticky, but with super sweaty hands it gets pretty slick. So if you have supper sweaty hands like I do, make sure you wipe them dry or keep a glove on.

Well it’s been a little over a month since I last gave an update so it’s time. The summer heat is here in Eastern NC! Hot, humid, and down right wet from rain and sweat. The grip is holding up better than I expected. I’ll try to post pictures up tonight showing how little wear it has, and that’s not because I’m taking it easy on it. @JDax Taking the putter in and out with the grip hitting the bag has worn the bag out more than the grip. I think previously I made a comment on how sticky this grip was. I did notice today with dry hands or a glove, yes it is sticky, but with super sweaty hands it gets pretty slick. So if you have supper sweaty hands like I do, make sure you wipe them dry or keep a glove on.
Thanks for the update...

I think it’s time for me to try this. I’ve been experimenting with a volleyball passing-like grip on the putter and I’ve been really liking it. The thumb area is crowded.

I am still using these grips with no plans to change in the foreseeable future. Now have 6 of them - all rubber with 2 being the original at approximately 190 grams and the other 4 being the light at around 150 grams. The thing that has really helped me on the greens with these grips is it is really easy to lock the left wrist in to achieve more consistency for me. Basically, I grip the putter fairly firmly with my left hand, line up the blade to my intended line then lightly place my right hand on the grip and pull the trigger. Both thumbs on the top of the grip with index fingers extended down each side of the grip. Keeping more tension in my left wrist and hand has helped me limit the putter head rotation and keep the head better on line which results in better putts.

Another update with another month of golf on the grip. I played it on a quick trip to the mountains in stupid wet conditions. The “stickyness” is no longer sticky like I saw when it was brand new but it still looks great. With a little water or sweat it gets pretty slick but still feels good. I’ve been keeping the glove on my left hand when putting and it is helping to keep a loose but firm grip.

Christian Bezuidenhout is in the lead with 3 holes to go in South Africa with one of these on his putter.

Christian Bezuidenhout is in the lead with 3 holes to go in South Africa with one of these on his putter.
Yup, they’ve got some solid use on the overseas tours.

I've found that even when I don't use the Two Thumbs grip, I still use the two thumbs grip.

I still have a couple of putters with this grip on it that I take out from time to time. I have found more success lately using a Flat Cat Tak grip. Smaller than the TT rubber grips (I am not a fan of polyurethane grips so have not tried the smaller TT grips) so they fits my hands a little better.

I still have a couple of putters with this grip on it that I take out from time to time. I have found more success lately using a Flat Cat Tak grip. Smaller than the TT rubber grips (I am not a fan of polyurethane grips so have not tried the smaller TT grips) so they fits my hands a little better.
I’ll have to take a look at those. The flat top is big for me right now

I’ll have to take a look at those. The flat top is big for me right now

The Tak has a rubber wrap, and thus is a little heavier, than the standard FC grip with the polyurethane wrap. Black vs. Green for the primary color also.

Anyone know if these are available stateside? Shipping on their website is over 23 pounds, which I believe is a few dollars more.

Back