Review Two Thumb Putter Grips - THP Review in Progress Thread

47 bucks not counting shipping. Wonder how it compares to Arm lock grip for 20.00
Hey, its a way to try it out ;)

I'll not be able to compare it to the Arm Lock arm grip as I don't have access to one, nor do I putt with an Arm-Lock setup. Sorry I can't help there.

Hey, its a way to try it out ;)

I'll not be able to compare it to the Arm Lock arm grip as I don't have access to one, nor do I putt with an Arm-Lock setup. Sorry I can't help there.
I don't arm lock either, but the shapes are similar ;)

Can't wait to see the pics, especially if you get a side by side with the Lamkin that comes on the Frontline Elevado

Interesting shape and looks, however, not a fan at all.

James can you show the smaller grips compared to the GP Tour SNSR Contour grip?

BTW is the Tour SNSR still your fave?

These look good , will check these out for sure as I like the wider grips

Sorry ladies and germs, I got a little sideways in some things and forgot to update as well as posting some installed pics.

For the putters the grips are on, its a Ben Hogan BHB01, Indi Ramone, Indi Allison, and SeeMore mFGP2. Also, for those paying attention, post putter and putter grip reviews, I'm going to come up with some type of setup to find three THP'ers (the SeeMore isn't going anywhere) who are willing to put them through their paces and give some additional feedback in the threads so lets see who reads, shall we?

The texture here is going to be familiar to most, in all four grips not just the three with the poly outer wrap. The ones with the outer wrap feel just like a SuperStroke, and thus far they are starting to show the same type/pace of wear. The OG Big Daddy is a texture more akin to Tour Velvet grips, and based on what I have seen so far the thing is an absolute tank in weight and durability.

The Big Daddy and Big Daddy light are the more interesting of the four grips IMO because the shape is just so different. Yes, we have seen similar with Flat Cat which can be installed wither direction, but when that one is installed with the flat portion perpendicular to the putter face it doesnt have the shape that these do in terms of fitting into the hands. I'm a prayer grip putter, and I always lean towards grips with a wider front paddle and harder edges because it gives me more comfortable room for my thumb placement which is only ever so slightly staggered. That said, the OG Big Daddy is a heavy beast, its one where I believe you are going to have to keep an eye on how that effects the balance of a putter its installed on. The Light is something very interesting to me personally though, its one that I'm enjoying way more than I anticipated. In and out of the bag, they're interesting as I have had some tangling there, which could increase wear longer term than this review.

The Snug Daddy 27 and 30 are going to appeal to the wider audience. These to me are SuperStroke material meets Golf Pride SNSR Straight shape. No taper here, so its in line with what s popular and the front paddle still offers ample thumb placement opportunity. I honestly don't have a lot to say about these, and its not a knock at all, they're just a solid putter grip in the vain of what is popular right now, and at really light weights.

Some in-hand installed pics below:

Big Daddy:
DSC01245-XL.jpg

DSC01246-XL.jpg

DSC01247-XL.jpg

Big Daddy Light:
DSC01248-XL.jpg

DSC01249-XL.jpg

DSC01250-XL.jpg

Snug Daddy 27:
DSC01239-XL.jpg

DSC01240-XL.jpg

DSC01241-XL.jpg

Snug Daddy 30:
DSC01242-XL.jpg

DSC01243-XL.jpg

DSC01244-XL.jpg

The Big Daddy looks similar to the FlatCat standard, and I love the FlatCat...

I think that TwoThumb grips were originally designed to promote a particular technique (palms facing each other, thumbs-side-by-side-on-the top side of the grip). This makes sense and here is a video from the company website, which demonstrates the technique :

For any player who struggle to make putts I think trying a change in grip technique makes good sense. Companies such as TwoThumb (thumbs side-by-side on top of the grip) or Garsen (thumbs to the side of the grip rather than on the top of the grip) are making it easy for players to try an alternative grip technique, and that's a good thing.

I think that TwoThumb grips were originally designed to promote a particular technique (palms facing each other, thumbs-side-by-side-on-the top side of the grip). This makes sense and here is a video from the company website, which demonstrates the technique :

For any player who struggle to make putts I think trying a change in grip technique makes good sense. Companies such as TwoThumb (thumbs side-by-side on top of the grip) or Garsen (thumbs to the side of the grip rather than on the top of the grip) are making it easy for players to try an alternative grip technique, and that's a good thing.
You mean the prayer grip I referenced in my post this evening? I'm shocked. :cool:

Hmmm, methinks people might want to actually stop in and read that post I put up earlier. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Hmmm, methinks people might want to actually stop in and read that post I put up earlier. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

On Feb 17th I replied to you on this thread asking if the concept behind TwoThumb was to promote a specific grip technique. You replied "no, it is to prevent wrist break", that "grip technique is optional" and that the grip's shape "does work well with the prayer grip you prefer"..
Today I visited the TwoThum website and my take is that the original concept of the grip was to promote a specific , unique grip technique. The name of the grip, the shape of it, and the demonstration video (s) posted at the website all point to a promotion of what the company' refers to as "two thumb technique".
Certainly a player may use any style they like when holding grip such as TwoThumb or Garsen, but I think that to get the most benefit it may make sense to use the grip technique which fits the original design concept of the grip shape. For regular swing grips the Rules of Golf forbid most alternative shapes, but the Rules are more liberal for putter grip shapes, so this is an opportunity for players looking to improve their putting.

On Feb 17th I replied to you on this thread asking if the concept behind TwoThumb was to promote a specific grip technique. You replied "no, it is to prevent wrist break", that "grip technique is optional" and that the grip's shape "does work well with the prayer grip you prefer"..
Today I visited the TwoThum website and my take is that the original concept of the grip was to promote a specific , unique grip technique. The name of the grip, the shape of it, and the demonstration video (s) posted at the website all point to a promotion of what the company' refers to as "two thumb technique".
Certainly a player may use any style they like when holding grip such as TwoThumb or Garsen, but I think that to get the most benefit it may make sense to use the grip technique which fits the original design concept of the grip shape. For regular swing grips the Rules of Golf forbid most alternative shapes, but the Rules are more liberal for putter grip shapes, so this is an opportunity for players looking to improve their putting.
That post wasn’t directed at you, no matter if you think it was. It was literally directed at my update post today that has a little something in it I think most would be interested, if they actually read it.

And for what it’s worth, since I’ve got these actually in hand and in practice for the article I’m writing, you don’t have to use any specific grip type. Regardless of what it was intitially designed for its primary focus is preventing Wrist break, which based on my work WITH the grips has shown to be working design trait, with multiple grips beyond just my prayer grip which is in fact what this one was designed for.

Last edited:
Sorry ladies and germs, I got a little sideways in some things and forgot to update as well as posting some installed pics.

For the putters the grips are on, its a Ben Hogan BHB01, Indi Ramone, Indi Allison, and SeeMore mFGP2. Also, for those paying attention, post putter and putter grip reviews, I'm going to come up with some type of setup to find three THP'ers (the SeeMore isn't going anywhere) who are willing to put them through their paces and give some additional feedback in the threads so lets see who reads, shall we?

The texture here is going to be familiar to most, in all four grips not just the three with the poly outer wrap. The ones with the outer wrap feel just like a SuperStroke, and thus far they are starting to show the same type/pace of wear. The OG Big Daddy is a texture more akin to Tour Velvet grips, and based on what I have seen so far the thing is an absolute tank in weight and durability.

The Big Daddy and Big Daddy light are the more interesting of the four grips IMO because the shape is just so different. Yes, we have seen similar with Flat Cat which can be installed wither direction, but when that one is installed with the flat portion perpendicular to the putter face it doesnt have the shape that these do in terms of fitting into the hands. I'm a prayer grip putter, and I always lean towards grips with a wider front paddle and harder edges because it gives me more comfortable room for my thumb placement which is only ever so slightly staggered. That said, the OG Big Daddy is a heavy beast, its one where I believe you are going to have to keep an eye on how that effects the balance of a putter its installed on. The Light is something very interesting to me personally though, its one that I'm enjoying way more than I anticipated. In and out of the bag, they're interesting as I have had some tangling there, which could increase wear longer term than this review.

The Snug Daddy 27 and 30 are going to appeal to the wider audience. These to me are SuperStroke material meets Golf Pride SNSR Straight shape. No taper here, so its in line with what s popular and the front paddle still offers ample thumb placement opportunity. I honestly don't have a lot to say about these, and its not a knock at all, they're just a solid putter grip in the vain of what is popular right now, and at really light weights.

Some in-hand installed pics below:

Big Daddy:
DSC01245-XL.jpg

DSC01246-XL.jpg

DSC01247-XL.jpg

Big Daddy Light:
DSC01248-XL.jpg

DSC01249-XL.jpg

DSC01250-XL.jpg

Snug Daddy 27:
DSC01239-XL.jpg

DSC01240-XL.jpg

DSC01241-XL.jpg

Snug Daddy 30:
DSC01242-XL.jpg

DSC01243-XL.jpg

DSC01244-XL.jpg

Morning crowd bump :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

These have been interesting. The material is spot on what the SuperStroke lovers love about their grips, and imo by far better than what Winn does. Durability has been good but I’ve also not been putting a ton of rounds in the bag on them, rather much has been while coaching on the putting green. That said I’d expect some wear at the end cap, as is the case with every single SS grip out there too.

What’s pretty killer for me is the hard edges and the space on the front paddle, exactly the design intent, it’s given good real estate for my prayer grip.

The BD and BD light have surprised me, I actually dig that crazy shape which I’d have never tried if not for this review. I do wish there was an in between though, a lighter full rubber version, or a slightly heavier dual material version. In and out of the bag could be tricky here depending on your bag setup, but it’s a strangely natural fit in the hands.

The SD grips are exactly what they look like, solid no taper options with hard edges on the front paddle that fit well into whatever putting grip, even claw, I’ve thrown at it.

As mentioned to those who read earlier, three of these, and the putters they’re installed on, are going to go to THP’ers that are Albatross members for some forum review action when I’m done, review of both the grips and the Indi as well as Hogan putters.

its primary focus is preventing Wrist break
If wrist break is not a problem in your putting stroke, what else do these offer to aid your putting stroke and separate them from the competition?

If wrist break is not a problem in your putting stroke, what else do these offer to aid your putting stroke and separate them from the competition?
They offer the same things other grips do, if they're comfortable to the user, they free up the stroke through tension reduction.

Tension in putting is the #1 killer.

Back