Two Thumbs Up for Callaway Preowned and XR16 7w

glenncal1

Reaction score
Handicap
20 before
As I stated in another thread I decided to get rid of my Hybrids and go to a 7 Wood. I have XR16 3+ and 4 woods so I decided to get and XR16 7w. I ordered the club Saturday nite in very good condition. I received the club Wednesday afternoon and the head had never been hit (was not in plastic but not a mark on it), the only mark I could find on the club was a small scratch (about 3/4" long and the width of a hair) on the shaft. I paid a whopping $5 for them to install a Winn midsized grip. Excellent transaction overall.

The second thumb goes up for the club itself. Once I figured out to play the ball about midway in the stance I was getting a nice high ball flight (when I did my part) with soft landings when hitting into a green. I played the back 9 on a local course and played one ball where I used the 7w on every hole (even hitting it off the tee on par fives and for the 2nd and 3rd shots) was kind of fun.

I just happened to go onto the callaway preowned site to look at something else and my saved page was the XR16 fwoods. I noticed the price had dropped by about $40 from what I paid. I called callaway and used their price protection guarantee to get $40 refunded to me.

Last edited:
Awesome to hear! I play a 7W as well and have been eying the XR16 7W. So this is awesome to hear. Glad you found something that works for you.

Back