TXG Driver Fitting

Payton333

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I had the pleasure of having a driver fitting at TXG in Toronto this morning. I got to work with a young man named Cam that has been there for the last 3 years.
He played golf at the university level down in the states and played some mini-tour events. Safe to say his level of game is solid, to say the least.
After warming up with an iron he had me hit my own driver which was a Callaway Fusion. Because I flew in on business I only had the head and thus had to use an Accra shaft that he suggested rather than my own. After trying a 4 or 5 of shafts we realized we were seeing the best results from a Mitsubishi C6 Blue shaft in stiff.
We then started trying different heads. I wanted to try the new Cobra models and had the best results with the Xtreme version in 10.5*. My spin was low 2000's with 12* launch and seeing low 240's in terms of yards. My swing speed is low 90's (ugh!) but I was happy with those numbers and saw a jump of about 15 yards over the fusion. The dispersion was about the same.
Then I'm glad to say he had me try the new Cleveland Launcher Turbo. It is loud! Bordering on obnoxious, but holy smokes does it work for me:)
The standard shaft at 10.5* and I was seeing an even tighter dispersion and drives hitting the 250's. I NEVER hit the ball that far!
No hard sell from Cam. He was there to get me the best possible numbers and he was perfectly fine with the "off the rack" driver being the best fit.
I'll be ordering a new Cleveland and will definitely return to TXG someday for further fitting. The kicker is he charged me a retrofit fee which was only 56$ after spending an hour with him. My hope is that TXG eventually opens a studio in Montreal as we have nothing in comparison to their selection and professionalism. Just and Outstanding experience and I highly recommend them to all:)
Thanks, TXG, Cam and soon Cleveland!

Sounds like you had a great experience and found your fit! Awesome!

Based off the videos and everyone's feedback who was worked with them, TXG is the real deal. It's great to hear your results.

Dave

They seem to do an awesome job. With they were here as flying in to Toronto is out of the question for me.

Very cool. $56 sounds like a very fair price. Congrats on the new driver.

Great write up and happy it worked so well for you! Wand you can’t beat that price!

Back