TXG - Tour Experience Golf

Rambler

Reaction score
Handicap
9.9, so 10
Given I'm a golf equipment junkie, I consume information from a bunch of sources (obviously, THP is one of the primary ones). Having gone through a couple of really in-depth fittings (including one with Club Champion), I've really grown to enjoy the content being published on the TXG YouTube channel, as another source of fitting information for me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDdF3VYuCTZ9HuEnkGdPkCQ

TXG is located in the Toronto area, so unlikely I'll visit them anytime soon, but the manner in which they present information is pretty good.

They are my favorite channel on youtube to watch right now. They have started fitting a high handicap player and it is just fascinating. I would love to make a trip there and see if I could get a fitting from Ian, he knows his stuff!

Shawn Clement has been there a couple of time for fittings - Place seems amazing.

Shawn Clement has been there a couple of time for fittings - Place seems amazing.

Yeah, I saw his daughter (I'm assuming) went through a fitting there, though it felt like Clement inserted himself into the process more than I would have personally preferred for the content.

TXG puts out some awesome content. I like how they tackle questions or misnomers and really seem to minimize the variables and let the numbers speak.
I feel like they understand the value of strike and put the proper amount of emphasis on equipment vs swing as well as numbers vs real golf.

I am seriously looking at using miles to fly back there. Toronto is a cool city so it would be a fun weekend trip..... need to research further.

Honestly just found these guys about a week and instantly subscribed. While I lile Rick shield and Peter finch and the other golf youtubers, none of them go over equipment like these guys and I'm such an equipment junkie.

Really like the high handicap fitting and how they work as a tandem to explain things in both a technical way and an easy to understand way.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I agree with everyone, this channel is good. The club fitter is very knowledgeable and explains things in an understandable manner

Love this channel. Ian Fraser, the Scottish guy, really does know his stuff. I would absolutely love a trip up there for a fitting (maybe THP will do an event with them one day *hint *hint).

#FiberLaunch

I've been watching too and I'm digging it. I'm glad they're bringing in regular folks instead of just having the left try and slow his swing down or swing right handed (which was very impressive).

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Sorry about that - i actually searched and didn't find anything for some reason, thus my new thread.

All good bub

Sent from HTX

I went and had a fitting there on the 28th of February as an early birthday present. Full bag fit from putter-driver with Ian. Simply an awesome experience. Found out that the PX LZ 6.0's I've been swinging are too soft for me, generating too much spin and lacking ball speed. So he put me into the 6.5 PX shafts and increased 6 iron yardage by a full club. Driver I had a struggle with on the day. Ended up with a Rogue Sub Zero with a right handed adapter (I'm a lefty) set to 2 degrees and draw (so fade), with an Accra TZ5 65 X flex shaft. Dispersion was much tighter after that. My 3 wood is extremely old. A Ping i3 from 15ish years ago. So he built me a Cobra F9 at 13.5 loft with a VA Drago 75 grams X flex. Easily picked up 20-25 yards with that. Wedges couldn't really do much with as I was delivering too much loft to the ball. So just need to work on the wedges. With my Scotty Select Newport 2, he had me hit three putts on the Quintic machine. All he had to do was lower the loft from 4.5 degrees, to 2.25 degrees I believe. Ball I switched from Pro V1, to TP5X. Just an incredible experience for anyone. If anyone is interested in numbers, I have them saved on file and can post

It sure seems like the trip to see and meet these fellows has been hugely successful for everyone that goes.

I watched a few of their videos and for some odd reason I cannot get any sound, I'm sure it is me not having something turned on but if I was ever going to actually get fully fit and go with the advice these folks would be the one.

I went and had a fitting there on the 28th of February as an early birthday present. Full bag fit from putter-driver with Ian. Simply an awesome experience. Found out that the PX LZ 6.0's I've been swinging are too soft for me, generating too much spin and lacking ball speed. So he put me into the 6.5 PX shafts and increased 6 iron yardage by a full club. Driver I had a struggle with on the day. Ended up with a Rogue Sub Zero with a right handed adapter (I'm a lefty) set to 2 degrees and draw (so fade), with an Accra TZ5 65 X flex shaft. Dispersion was much tighter after that. My 3 wood is extremely old. A Ping i3 from 15ish years ago. So he built me a Cobra F9 at 13.5 loft with a VA Drago 75 grams X flex. Easily picked up 20-25 yards with that. Wedges couldn't really do much with as I was delivering too much loft to the ball. So just need to work on the wedges. With my Scotty Select Newport 2, he had me hit three putts on the Quintic machine. All he had to do was lower the loft from 4.5 degrees, to 2.25 degrees I believe. Ball I switched from Pro V1, to TP5X. Just an incredible experience for anyone. If anyone is interested in numbers, I have them saved on file and can post

You're getting me pumped!

I heading to TXG for a full bag fitting with Ian next week!

That’s awesome man! You will enjoy it thoroughly. He doesn’t BS you with what works, and what doesn’t. He knows every shaft on his wall, and the bend profiles of each. It’s a marvel to watch. The selection of shafts and heads on site are remarkable. Post up after your session. Make sure to pop a couple Advil prior, haha. It’s about a 5 hour process

Mr burhard88, I’m a numbers junky and seems like we swing pretty similar so I’d love to see yours.

Wait a tic! Are you telling me that the opposite side (right handed golfer using a left handed adapter) shaft adapter allows you to set things more into fade positions?????

If so....you've just blown my mind and opened new ponder possibilities for me..... wow.....Awesome!

Wait a tic! Are you telling me that the opposite side (right handed golfer using a left handed adapter) shaft adapter allows you to set things more into fade positions?????

If so....you've just blown my mind and opened new ponder possibilities for me..... wow.....Awesome!

I would have never thought about that myself.

I would have never thought about that myself.

I'll admit....my mind is a little blown right now and I'm surprised I never realized this of my own accord.

I watched a TXG video last night where Ian describes the adapter swap. It was interesting as all of their videos

Ha! I missed this too, genius!

I had a Kuro Kage shaft with a TM tip come with a left handed adapter (I’m right handed). I don’t think it matters as far as fade or draw bias with theirs but since I immediately crank those suckers down the max 2* it made for a rather confusing couple of minutes on the range when I was seeing 4* more loft on the face than I was used to. Once I figured out the problem it was the only time I’ve ever “lofted up”.

ian talked about exactly this on one of the videos not long ago. it’s a hack for fitters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr burhard88, I’m a numbers junky and seems like we swing pretty similar so I’d love to see yours.

I just have to login to the Foresight website and pull up the numbers from my sessions. It gives you more so a summary like club speed, ball speed, offline in relation to target. Plus the tracers of each shot. I'll see if I can print screen some shots and upload them here.

It's probably easier if I just post the login credentials to view rather than screen shotting everything and uploading. If you go to the FSX login, use charleshicks as username, and password as password. There you can access every swing I made during the session with the various clubs

Back