TXSeve, getting deeper into THP Mix

TXseve

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll,

Some background on me, so you have some reference, can give me a hard time, & suggest some old thread links for me...

68 yr old, have lived in Silver Springs, MD, Monroeville, PA, Toledo, Cincinnati, Bowling Green, & Lima, OH, and since 1991 in The Woodlands, TX. Just retired Chemical & Environmental Engineer after 42 years, working in state regulatory setting (2+ yr), big oil/chemicals (10 yr), engineering, procurement, construction (30 yr)

Playing since 1961, building clubs since 1978, shaft puller since 1986, frequency meter since 2005, lowest index 5.0, currently 11.0, only 1 torn rotator cuff, working to reduce belly fat to enable a full turn and get back to a single digit index, 1 hole-in-one (193 yd, 3 iron)... currently gaming:

9.5 deg Titleist 917 Driver, Fuji Ventus Red 5
12 Degree Orlimar, 16.5 & 21 deg Titleist FW's and 25 & 30 deg Bobby Jones Hybrids, all with Fuji shafts
6-PW Mizuno MP-60's with Aldila 115 RIP's ( about to experiment with MMT-70's in some old Wishon heads for my new old man swing speed)
53 & 60 deg Cleveland wedges, Rifle shafts
Odyssey 1991 vintage blade putter

Professional Student: Enjoy studying golf course architecture, to play smarter... Music theory to play guitar better, and wood grains to chisel better...

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum.

Welcome! So happy you’ve found us and are diving on in!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!
If I ever get a Hole in One with a 3 iron I might just need to retire from golf and go out on a high. That's so sick haha!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!!!

I currently live in Cincinnati and lived just south of the Woodlands in Spring, right off Rayford/Sawdust Rd.

Again welcome, you’ll learn a lot and better yet have fun here...lot of really good people here.

Welcome to THP! Former NW resident here, so I know those areas over there well.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!
If I ever get a Hole in One with a 3 iron I might just need to retire from golf and go out on a high. That's so sick haha!

Well it was quite a while ago, 9/26/96 3:15 pm, easy to remember just 1, while my Bride of 37 yrs, Ms Sheila has 8 H-I-O's and looking for #9 and she never did join the H-I-O Club!!!

:cool: Thanks all for the welcome, I'll be lurking and posting when not otherwise playing at something, or cleaning the garage, starting to enjoy being retired.

Welcome to THP!!!

I currently live in Cincinnati and lived just south of the Woodlands in Spring, right off Rayford/Sawdust Rd.

Again welcome, you’ll learn a lot and better yet have fun here...lot of really good people here.

Kmench, Whereabouts in Cinti? I was there 1970 - 1977 BS & MS at UC... Last lived at 425 Southview Ave. in an old victorian 3 story house... I miss Papa Dinos and easy Skyline Chili access, though I have some in the cupboard supplied from Krogers to make a 4-way and some Skyliners on emergency. Used to play Avon Fields and Sharonville the most, and venture up to Hueston Woods to mingle in Oxford, back in the day.

Hey welcome to THP!!!

gkeller813, NW OH? When did you spend time in the Black Swamp?
Born there, and left after graduating college. So from '86 until 2008. About 30 minutes from BG in Napoleon.

Welcome to THP! Hope you have fun!

Kmench, Whereabouts in Cinti? I was there 1970 - 1977 BS & MS at UC... Last lived at 425 Southview Ave. in an old victorian 3 story house... I miss Papa Dinos and easy Skyline Chili access, though I have some in the cupboard supplied from Krogers to make a 4-way and some Skyliners on emergency. Used to play Avon Fields and Sharonville the most, and venture up to Hueston Woods to mingle in Oxford, back in the day.
From the east side of Cincinnati, Loveland area. Currently in the Mason/West Chester area. I think I’ve heard of Dinos, never had it though, and I think the only course I’ve played that you have is Sharonville if you’re talking about Sharon Woods.

Welcome to THP!

Who and when in Monroeville? I was on the other side of Pittsburgh in the late 70s, but we had some R&D going on in Monroeville.

Back