TXSeve, getting deeper into THP Mix

Welcome to THP sir!

Welcome to THP!

Hey Ya'll,

Some background on me, so you have some reference, can give me a hard time, & suggest some old thread links for me...

68 yr old, have lived in Silver Springs, MD, Monroeville, PA, Toledo, Cincinnati, Bowling Green, & Lima, OH, and since 1991 in The Woodlands, TX. Just retired Chemical & Environmental Engineer after 42 years, working in state regulatory setting (2+ yr), big oil/chemicals (10 yr), engineering, procurement, construction (30 yr)

Playing since 1961, building clubs since 1978, shaft puller since 1986, frequency meter since 2005, lowest index 5.0, currently 11.0, only 1 torn rotator cuff, working to reduce belly fat to enable a full turn and get back to a single digit index, 1 hole-in-one (193 yd, 3 iron)... currently gaming:

9.5 deg Titleist 917 Driver, Fuji Ventus Red 5
12 Degree Orlimar, 16.5 & 21 deg Titleist FW's and 25 & 30 deg Bobby Jones Hybrids, all with Fuji shafts
6-PW Mizuno MP-60's with Aldila 115 RIP's ( about to experiment with MMT-70's in some old Wishon heads for my new old man swing speed)
53 & 60 deg Cleveland wedges, Rifle shafts
Odyssey 1991 vintage blade putter

Professional Student: Enjoy studying golf course architecture, to play smarter... Music theory to play guitar better, and wood grains to chisel better...
Welcome to THP!!!

Big welcome Steve. Hope you enjoy THP.

:welcome:

Welcome! We have a few Houston area guys around here. Hope to get out for a round one of these days!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!

Who and when in Monroeville? I was on the other side of Pittsburgh in the late 70s, but we had some R&D going on in Monroeville.

Reframmellator, Well, I was only a tyke in Monroeville, like 4-7 y/o (1956-59) but remember pre-school in the woods, riding bus to first grade (the bus not being able to make it up a hill in winter snowstorm one time) and getting into trouble at the neighborhood swimming pool for sneaking into the deep end... There was the Miracle Mile Shopping Center (? 22 Bus.) past the school nearby and main memory was closer you drove to Pittsburgh the green turned to gray and there was one tunnel where when you popped out on city side, you could see fire coming out of industrial buildings... hey that was a long time ago. Seemed a lot greener all over the place last time there!

Welcome! We have a few Houston area guys around here. Hope to get out for a round one of these days!

Hey Jank, was wondering about THP'ers who are around H-town... I just played Herman Park for first time in nearly 20 years, almost always have clubs in trunk... :cool:

Welcome to THP! Enjoy !

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Hey Ya'll,

Some background on me, so you have some reference, can give me a hard time, & suggest some old thread links for me...

68 yr old, have lived in Silver Springs, MD, Monroeville, PA, Toledo, Cincinnati, Bowling Green, & Lima, OH, and since 1991 in The Woodlands, TX. Just retired Chemical & Environmental Engineer after 42 years, working in state regulatory setting (2+ yr), big oil/chemicals (10 yr), engineering, procurement, construction (30 yr)

Playing since 1961, building clubs since 1978, shaft puller since 1986, frequency meter since 2005, lowest index 5.0, currently 11.0, only 1 torn rotator cuff, working to reduce belly fat to enable a full turn and get back to a single digit index, 1 hole-in-one (193 yd, 3 iron)... currently gaming:

9.5 deg Titleist 917 Driver, Fuji Ventus Red 5
12 Degree Orlimar, 16.5 & 21 deg Titleist FW's and 25 & 30 deg Bobby Jones Hybrids, all with Fuji shafts
6-PW Mizuno MP-60's with Aldila 115 RIP's ( about to experiment with MMT-70's in some old Wishon heads for my new old man swing speed)
53 & 60 deg Cleveland wedges, Rifle shafts
Odyssey 1991 vintage blade putter

Professional Student: Enjoy studying golf course architecture, to play smarter... Music theory to play guitar better, and wood grains to chisel better...

Ha, I’ve got old man shafts coming my way too, the MMC 80’s in a set of PXG’s. Dang kid thinks he can keep up with me, just because he can hit the center of the club. I’ll show him! (Until he gets a lesson then I’m toast again).

Welcome!

Reframmellator, Well, I was only a tyke in Monroeville, like 4-7 y/o (1956-59) but remember pre-school in the woods, riding bus to first grade (the bus not being able to make it up a hill in winter snowstorm one time) and getting into trouble at the neighborhood swimming pool for sneaking into the deep end... There was the Miracle Mile Shopping Center (? 22 Bus.) past the school nearby and main memory was closer you drove to Pittsburgh the green turned to gray and there was one tunnel where when you popped out on city side, you could see fire coming out of industrial buildings... hey that was a long time ago. Seemed a lot greener all over the place last time there!

Gotcha. I grew up in Johnstown, so the Monroeville Miracle Mile was our big shopping trip. I also worked for a plastics company NW of the airport when I first got out of school.You're probably thinking of the Squirrel Hill Tunnel on Parkway East. It's a much, much different place today.

Gotcha. I grew up in Johnstown, so the Monroeville Miracle Mile was our big shopping trip. I also worked for a plastics company NW of the airport when I first got out of school.You're probably thinking of the Squirrel Hill Tunnel on Parkway East. It's a much, much different place today.

Yep, Bingo...Squirrel Hill tunnel. Also small world theory continues... my Aunt Roz & Uncle Dave lived in Johnstown, i think he ran the Firestone Dealership! Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
Welcome to THP

Great intro. Welcome to THP!!

Welcome aboard

Back