UF women’s golf coach resigns

ActionJackson8

KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Published: Monday, May 11, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 12:30 a.m.

Florida women’s golf coach Jill Briles-Hinton announced her resignation Monday night.

“I want to thank (UF athletic director) Jeremy Foley and the administration for this tremendous hands-on learning experience,” Briles-Hinton said in a statement released by the school. “They took a chance on me and I will be forever grateful for this opportunity to get on-the-job training at the University of Florida. The program is better off than when I started, but I feel it is time to step aside and let someone else take it from here. I enjoyed my time at Florida and now I’m looking forward to spending time with my family. I hope to get back into coaching someday and look forward to again helping young golfers achieve their dreams.”

In her 11 seasons as head coach, Biles-Hinton led Florida to the NCAA championships six times, including sixth-place finishes in 2006 and 2002.

“I accept Jill’s decision because I believe she made it in the best interest of this program,” Foley said in a statement. “The women’s golf team has had some shining moments under Jill and the players have traditionally performed well in the classroom. We wish her well in her future ventures.

“Our vision is that the women’s golf team is consistently among the contenders at the NCAA Championships.That simply hasn’t happened and now we begin a search for a coach that shares that vision.”

Biles-Hinton was named the 2008 Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year after leading UF to the league title – the program’s eighth overall title and first since 1995.

This season, Florida finished eighth at the SEC Championships and did not advance to the NCAA Championships after taking 16th in NCAA East Regional competition it hosted last weekend.

Original Link

Back